this rare stuff is getting...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ozzy1111, Jul 13, 2017.

1. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

really. after all the runs through the new stuff. and still never got a drop for 5 rare items yet. this is just stupid at this point. seems only the people the replay a lot get the drops. and with that said. guess ill never get the drops. I will not feed into this king of system...
    • Like x 1
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Strange, i never replay badge this content or any content for that matter i dont believe in replay badging content i use them for feats for my alt but..i have gotten possibly maybe 8 op's collection pieces since this episode has started.
    • Like x 3
  3. Simon Phoenix Active Player

8 OP collection pieces since the start of this DLC is terrible,all u did was confirm how crap the drop rates are for them lol.
    • Like x 6
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

8 OP out of... 36??
    At this rate you will still not have completed a single collection in January.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You'll probably just won't get the drops as you said.

It's pretty much basic knowledge that there's always some hidden factor behind changes...

Best Gear in Vendor= High Costs.

No More RNG to get the best gear=RNG all over the game.

And so on.
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah but no....theory debunked. I haven't replayed a damned thing in this episode, got many gold pieces...hell, got one and hour ago.

You people crack me....didn't get purple gear, "replay badges". No OP or rare collections, "replay badges". Something, anything doesn't go your way....replay badges. Such a one track broken record.
    • Like x 7
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Considering i been offline several times and i play alts a lot more than i do my mains, also may have been more 8 isn't the right number i sell them folks i don't care for the op collections,frankly i like it better when it was R&D.

kinda hoping for that back,but that's a different subject.

but you take it however you wanna take like i said i sell them i honestly don't keep track of how many i get, i sell them.

it's that simple, you take my comment however you wanna take it have a nice day folks.
  8. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I had not replayed anything up until the double mark event and have received at least 20 op collections across 7 toons before the event. During the event, I used up around 1000 replay badges to replay content and not a single time while replaying content did I get a collection drop.
    This reminds me of last year during the Halloween event people said the same thing about the Teekl totem, I had already replayed the event 20+ times before reading about that and probably another 10 or so after and not once while replaying did I receive a teekl totem.

It's simply RNG, and it is usually crap most of the time in pretty much every game I have ever played.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Random is random. I got one yesterday and three today, I only got one for the whole of last week. And of course if people replay a lot they'll get more than you, because they have more chances at it.
    • Like x 1
  10. light FX Steadfast Player

Just because u have gotten whatever # of them to drop doesnt mean others see that same rate and means the drop rate is ok ;)

I see other comments and its like my god how can people say the drop rate is ok just because this or that person has personally have been lucky? That makes no sense. If the drop rates for the OP collections are not super rare then im sure daybreak wont have an issue posting the %s ;) Oh wait, thats right, they NEVER do that.
    • Like x 3
  11. gemii Dedicated Player

i used to always get them i havent seen one drop in awhile now though i think my luck has ran its course..
  12. xD25x Dedicated Player

There wasn't a need to add rng on top of this grind. You could grind your way to have enough for an op piece then still spend 100+ million on getting the remaining collections. It's absurd. Anyone defending this practice is either a whale or a dev apologist. Oh nvm, I see the ones defending it.
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

The OP items are on top of the grind, they're not necessary to complete content. They're certainly desirable of course, because everyone wants to have the best of the best, but unless you're prepared to put in the effort then I suggest you find a way to be content with the normal vendor gear. No one is making you have to get the OP gear, the game certainly isn't.

There are two ways to get these OP collections, running the content and buying/trading them, by the time you've run enough content for the 1000 marks or so to get the items you'll have got a good chunk, generally with even average luck, of the collections yourself.

The way of getting OP gear is far better than the exceptionally low RNG crapshoot that previously determined how you got the gear, that was pure RNG and probably deserved the "replay warrior" reputation far more than this current system.

It's like people can never be completely happy unless stuff is basically given to them on a platter for free. If you want the OP gear, go out and earn it, earn the money in game to buy your collections. Quite frankly the consistent crying here on the forums about the OP gear even in its current delivery method is becoming exceedingly tedious and asinine and that's not being a "dev apologist" that's the cold hard reality that you're not prepared to grind for or put the required effort in.
    • Like x 8
  14. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

There is a difference between defending and or being fine with something and simply acknowledging it. It was implied that it is not just RNG at work that there is some conspiracy behind it. Sharing our experiences provides examples of it just being lame old RNG, which also doesn't mean it should be believed that everyone has the same experience, some will have it better some will have it worse.

RNG is just that, and it is almost always crap for pretty much everyone. Acknowledging that is the case in no way means I am fine with it.
    • Like x 1
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Why so butt hurt? It's just stuff. And it's not even real.
  16. xD25x Dedicated Player

Proxy ****. Don't come in here with your nonsense. I don't mind a grind it is an mmo. Go worry about perception somewhere. Or better yet go hit the sparring targets. Naw mean.
    • Like x 2
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We're able to complete through broker if we don't get the drops. You can sell the ones you do get to pay for the ones you need. I like the system.

I am curious, though - is the Genghis Khan collection dropping? I haven't seen one listed on broker for a couple of days now; and it's unusual in recent memory to not see even the most rare collections on broker. I don't think Genghis was one of the rarest either; but it's awol now.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

It has been one that has quite commonly hovered around the 20mil mark, so it's one of the rarer ones.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not quite sure what the intent of this post is...
    • Like x 1
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

Basically I was telling you to mind your own business. Instead of disagreeing with me, on purpose, hoping that you can save face for all the times I have bodied you on the forums. I clearly remember you complaining about the gear costs. But you want to come on the forums and write your 6 paragraphs in response to my post. Proxy here is a tip. No one likes you. You like to pop off, get bodied, then snitch to the devs. Your irrelevant besides being the worst mental dps on the hero side or the chronic forums complainer who whined about perception for 6 months. Your lucky you latched onto the Nerf guys because if not you would have a hard time finding a league. I'm going to end this now. In the future don't respond to my posts with your short stories and your desire to finally win an argument against the person who you just can't get one up on.