The phase should be removed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Xibo Loyal Player

Good morning, i think the option "Phase with" on Social Menu should be removed. We do not need to have 2 phases and we should just have only 1 phase instead of when you get invited for anyone you switch for phase to phase. Would be better in my opinion. Thoughts?
  2. C3alix Committed Player

We have more than 2 phases and they're needed.
    • Like x 18
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If you ever did the Starro bounty you'd understand why we have phases. You'd have 30+ people whaling on the same enemy, the framerate would drop to about 10 fps, and the server pressure was so great that my POT and debuffs just wouldn't register. I was with you until they added that dude, now I see 100% why we need phases. Happens with the AOJ bounties too to a lesser extent.
    • Like x 4
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The PHASES are designed to try to keep areas from becoming so over crowded that lag makes doing anything impossible. If the game population is low there may only be one or two phases even active. NOW as 900 1BPM pointed out when a special event occurs and the population swells more phases open up.

So you see those "phases" you want them to do away with are designed to allow us to actually PLAY the game and not spend more time frozen in place, or moving at a rate so slow we may as well be frozen in place...

Not the the DEV team would ever even consider your proposal but I vote NO to even thinking about it.
    • Like x 3
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

Unfortunately I don't think the OP has a full understanding of how and why phrases exist, so this is a little bit of a lame duck of a thread.

OP, during the Starro event, there were well over 100 phases of the Starro open world area active at one point, Mepps referred to this in a forum post. It's technical and to do with capacity, as others have said.
    • Like x 4
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

What?

The game isn't THAT dead. Just imagine a single phase in the watchtower on a Saturday afternoon.... death and lag.

I don't even see why this is a problem either? Sure it's splits the population because otherwise people would be lagging like crazy.
    • Like x 4
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Only if they up spawn times for village bounties. Waited for 1 for over a hour+ all b/c I was testing to see how long it'd take to get the 1 I needed without phasing with someone.
    • Like x 1
  8. hoaxone Committed Player

That is a terrible idea....put it like this...

When mepps spawns a boss is the watchtower and everyone phases there,everything slows down and ppl disconnect.
    • Like x 1
  9. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I actually think they should make it easier to phase with a "go to next available phase" button or some such
    • Like x 1
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No they shouldn't be removed.

Instead here's what I would do, implement it like Guild wars did it.

On the Original Guild Wars, you had each district, like district 1, district 2, district 3, and so on.

So I would do a similar system on DCUO: Phase 1, phase 2, phase 3, and so on here.
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

War torn bounties is all that needs to be said. No im not going to stand there waiting 10 mins for the boss to respawn and what happens if they do respawn and its not the 1 i need? So stand there waiting for who knows how long waiting to get the right boss? NO.

I tested how long it takes those bounties to respawn on test and it was 10 mins. I see someone said an hour and idk about that. Its not what i experienced and i tested it thoroughly. Maybe it got changed for live but i wouldnt know that because after i beat 1 im phasing around looking for the others ;)
    • Like x 3
  12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

No.
    • Like x 1
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

Here's a question... why?

What issue(s) have you had with there being different phases?
  14. Owl Devoted Player

Each zone can only handle a certain number of players before it negatively affects client performance.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Well it may be possible for old outside areas to only have a handful of phases but current/recent outside areas will have a ton of phases... Rightfully so... If you have too many in 1 phase the lag would make the game unplayable...

I'll quote Mepps during Starro event as a reference of the number of phases possible when the population is high....

Obviously the population isn't always high but I would doubt it's very often if ever that only 2 phases exist anywhere in the game.
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

The permanent change of phases when you face bounties and also the low EU villain population but if ppl here are not ok with it, that's fine.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

PS3 can't support one phase. Sorry.

Amirite?
    • Like x 4
  18. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Savage.
    I think his complaint was it's an inconvenience to phase when you join a group...
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

LOL INCONVENIENCE! Please, even when you're invited it asks you to phase. Xibo don't be so damn lazy.
  20. ChillCat Loyal Player

At any given moment, an area can have possibly dozens of phases. More if it's a very busy event like the war-torn bounty room or the April Fool's event a couple years ago around Gotham Amusement Mile. The game is designed to dynamically spawn new phases to prevent overloading with too many players in one spot. Unless you know a secret way to overcome the limitations of server memory and multi-threading, phases are here to stay.