Why does Rage need Rage Crash mechanic?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Gimpy Loyal Player

You are proving you aren't properly "informed about/performing" the power.

Rage crash is easily avoidable, even more so if you use the control debuffs in your load-out. (1 of which helps the entire group to be immune to cc effects )

This thread is one of the reasons the Devs should give a large on-screen notification so those who choose to leave the sound off or just don't have the ability to pay attention to the timer or maybe actually just count from 1- 6/7 and cancel or mitigate the crash.
    Don't wait until the timer hits 8 because 8 means you die.

Here's tips for you,
    DPS stance, don't stay right next to the tank, learn to move around a lot and hit from every range.
    Tank stance, don't try to be a DPS and do damage while tanking ( it just happens no need to try), KITE and don't just stand in 1 spot turtle tanking by blocking all the time because when you unblock to cast a power that's when you get CC'ed or knocked off your feet.

Rage self-healing isn't supposed to be used constantly, only use it when and if your health actually drops below 50% as it's intended.
    If you need some health when over 50% use the group pull, it will give what's needed, even from the adds already next to you.

1 final thing,

1 shots happen, nothing stops them not even rage self healing.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ringz Dedicated Player

Isnt there a app or a google, where you can have a full conversations with a computer? If you want attention, you should go there
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If they brought it in-line with Fire and Atomic self-healing it would just be a clone of fire with red colors and you'd be forced to become a turtle tank like fire (having to block constantly after boosting health). You'd also lose the advantage of taking on so many enemies at once and last but not least, you'd be at the mercy of your healer(s) just like fire. Rage would lose its uniqueness. Every power has advantages and a major weak point (sometimes more than one). That's how they are balanced. Take away Rage's weak point it either becomes OP or it necessitates being nerfed to the ground and risks becoming a pale shadow of another power.
    • Like x 1
  4. SasquaT Dedicated Player

There is only one thing in rage crash that i dont like .
    When game change you in to other form and you cant cancel rage crash becouse yours loadsout is gone and then devs fixing this for several weeks then we have other raids when you loose loadsout (JFA) and we got same story over and over .
    • Like x 1
  5. RLManuel Committed Player

I have absolutely no problems rage tanking or dps...

About a week ago I switched my atomic character back to Rage... I've had one fatal Rage crash, that was not my fault... and one last night in Ultimate Soldier Reg that killed me after the fight was already done and won. Lol

At the moment I have my Rage Tank set up to be similar to how atomic tanks( using combos and only blocking on the red skull), I'm modded in dominance, health and power. I specd evenly in DOM and Health, and put most in power so I can be more active...

I've tanked without using severe punishment, I've mainly been using it only for certain bosses. When I don't use it, I hit remorseless recovery and all you will see is me Lunging though the halls literally showing No Mercy(and using Without Mercy) lol

My skill and understanding of the power aren't a problem... lol
  6. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Never found rage crash an issue, love the challenge and love the risk and reward I take. I mean a rage tank, and it's one of my favorite tanks in the game
  7. RLManuel Committed Player

When I say bring it in line with Fire and Atomic self heals I just mean numbers wise.

You seem like you think I want them to make Rage like Fire when I don't. I don't like turtle tanking. I want to be able to heal myself like Fire or Atomic and have that survivability.
  8. RLManuel Committed Player

Yes, you are right, every tank has its thing or mechanic... but Rage is the only one that's mechanic can actually K.O. you while you use it...

Changing how Rage self heals, won't hurt the power in any way.
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm done with this thread (and everyone else should be too). We've showed you tons of reasons it's a bad idea, but you don't respond to them. You just keep repeating the same line over and over. Sayonara.
    • Like x 3
  10. krytine Loyal Player

That is partly what they just said they are not using rage mode just for tanking niether am i it works in dps and allows you to be more in your face dps style as well as allows you to be a more active attacking tank and if you dont have that figured out by now no one will ever be able to answer you. It gives you a window of opportunity to attack and not just block so what do you not understand
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

His sig says he has a rage and an atomic,
    he says he "respeced" from atomic to rage ( dunno why, he has a rage toon )

then he says,

"I have my Rage Tank set up to be similar to how atomic tanks"

" I've had one fatal Rage crash, that was not my fault... and one last night in Ultimate Soldier Reg that killed me after the fight was already done and won"

[IMG]
    [IMG]

he has a problem with crashing and wants it removed so he can play like atomic tanks do.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  12. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

How about a rage quit mechanic just for you?
    • Like x 5
  13. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

It's not used because of health based attacks. And the dps sucks.
  14. RLManuel Committed Player

lol really? I'm already tanking with Rage like Atomic on live lol... it's not impossible, well maybe if you don't understand I guess lol

Also I never said I "respeced" from atomic to rage.... I said I have my Rage tank set up to tank how(similar to how) Atomic is, using Rage combos and remorseless recovery....

And yes, my sign says I have an Atomic and Rage, ones a hero and the other is a villain so your point?

The amount of people that actually play Rage is only a small percent... how many actual end game Rage tanks are there?

When SM goes live do people ask for Rage tanks? No, they don't. I've been told many times that Rage isn't SM material...
  15. Gimpy Loyal Player

I admit the term "respeced" can be used to mean many things in this game.

1 of them being, "respeced to another power" which is the same meaning as switched to another power

Which you did state.

[IMG]

<<<<rolls away from thread
    • Like x 2
  16. RLManuel Committed Player

So, after I post that I know what how to use Rage and said how I spec'd, the talk about me not knowing anything switched to I'm full of contradictions lol... ok

Also if you play Atomic and then decide to switch to Rage there is no need to respec since you're already spec'd into Dominance and health... who needs almost 6,000 Dom? When the highest suggested Dom is 3,900...

Rage doesn't NEED Rage Crash to be unique....so yes it should be changed in the revamp.
  17. The VL Active Player

"Why make rage more enjoyable for the majority when you can keep it the way it is for the minority?" You may want to look up the definitions of the words majority and minority. This thread quite clearly shows what the majority is and what they prefer.

The whole basis of Rage has been Red Lanterns. The concept that with increasing rage and anger the red lantern grows stronger and more powerful, and in that blind rage they "ignore" the incoming damage during that state until they've reached their limit or snapped and fallen. The reaching the limit/snapping and falling IS the Rage Crash. Changing that is changing a fundamental root and concept of both the power and red lanterns. Now onto the game and function:

The high reward that you can't seem to grasp despite those "years of playing and 285 sp" is the health potential. In the Starro Event Raid I easily had well over 100k health on my rage character, farmed through the numerous little starros spawning. Having a health pool that high would enable anyone to take nearly any hit in the game, far surpassing all other tank powers. Without the Rage Crash Mechanic a tank would easily be able to constantly buff their health (no worries about crashing in 8 seconds) take nearly any and all incoming attacks, self heals or not. The self heals is just icing on the cake. Having such a high health pool could place much stress on the healers and require spamming and so we have self heals. This is why Rage Tanks were so relied upon during Throne of the Dead Elite Deathproof days when so many other tanks had difficulty tanking adds, groups often relying on 2-3 adds tank vs the 1 rage tank. The health pool with added benefits of the self healing. Did you get that feat at level. For a reward this high and potential so great, to not have an equal risk is absolutely ridiculous. It would be broken over-powered and imbalanced. I'll briefly discuss Stats Revamp later.

"Rage tank= high risk and you can heal 100% at the moment(not in revamp) but your reward is getting high health right? But does your high health save you from Rage Crash? Or make it easier for bosses and adds to knock you out?"
    ^Something you said in another reply. To address the first concern, Rage Crash will happen regardless should you fail to cancel it. However if you decide you do not want to cancel it, and you want to crash, you just have to make sure the sum of damage you're taking is less than your health near the moment of crash. You'd crash and have low health or high health, but you won't die.
    For the second concern, make it easier for bosses and adds to knock you out? Lol, it absolutely does not make it easier for bosses and adds to knock you out. The exact opposite as I explained earlier. The risk should the incoming damage be higher than your health will increase yes.

Okay then how about "full self heals with huge health and no crash." That health pool potential in the first place is far greater than any other tank's health pool and then it'd just become like a version of fire on steroids, surpassing all other tank powers. Factor in the self heals. That is anything but balance, that's just broken overpowered and it is unacceptable for Stats Revamp.

Reduce the health pool potential with less self heals and remove rage crash? How is that any different or unique from current fire? Its not.

Bigger health pool than fire but no self heals? Another lamer version of fire? Wouldn't work.

As far as revamp goes, its generous enough to the minority you're with. The health pool potential isn't as extreme or crazy, the self heals aren't in full, and there is rage crash however the possible crashes are likely going to hurt a lot less for those that "Rage crash in US and its not their fault." There is no need for Rage Crash to be removed.

(PS: Citing SP and amount of time played doesn't mean much. There are numerous players that have played this game for years and have more SP and just the same numerous players that have played less than a year and have more SP. There are also those that have played for years and haven't amounted to much feats-wise/skill wise. But just for you, I can guarantee I've played as long if not longer than you and have plenty more SM titles, headlines, feats, and likely more pets, usually acquired through tanking(SM) or DPS. 318 SP and counting.)
    • Like x 5
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

exactly...if you remember rage was made to be self limiting because of the quantum AM being so initially overwhelming...they didnt want a repeat...they capped quantum too,,,then all the other ams caught up or passed them damage wise...so now they are middle powers both...with these limits still on them affecting them...some form of crash should be there...with even rewards for the riskl...yes...
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

This explains it all very eloquently with all the necessary details. This should be the end of the thread. Anything after this point is just a circle jerk of bad logic.
    • Like x 4
  20. ApacheTribe Well-Known Player

Hey man... Don't include us earth tanks in this. Earth takes skill to be good enough to minimize damage spikes by keeping mitigation up, shielding and countering..not to mention juggling mobs
    • Like x 1