How to make DC great again!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TimmyFinklemyer, Jul 2, 2017.

1. TimmyFinklemyer New Player

Im gonna start off and say this is my opinion but is shared by a lot of players in the community and personal friends of mine about the game when I say "make DC great again" Im not saying the game is bad but that it can get back to the all around enjoyment and player base it once had. So to start of let's talk PvP obviously everyone knows the problems with character vs character PvP but legends is something I feel can make the game have much more playability of it was handled properly. The first thing that needs a change is the selectable characters their are to many pay to play and unlockable characters unlockable is one thing but when half the roster is pay to play it alienates all players not just free to play ones because its not worth it to pay for a bunch of cool characters you like and spend 30 dollars on 3 characters because only 7 are free and some are unlockable bust just as many cost money. The only way to fix this is lower the price of the characters themselves or release free characters for a short period of time to lessen the burden of another 9.99 dlc in the game.

Part 2 - Powers

First off water powers we know their coming and kind of what their about and that great but I think we need more because it gets to the point were veteran players will be given one new power to test and change the raid dynamics to a certain degree but if we were to get at least two powers at a time then the game would be a slightly new high level experience and add great appeal to new players. The adding of new powers would also allow for new team compositions and all new ways to approach all high to end game content while allowing a break and enhancement of the meta of the last year and a half. Just some power ideas besides water.
    Venom toxin
    Shadows
    Cyclonic ( like red tornado)

This is just a small part of the ideas I have and have heard about the game and I understand that at the and of the day it all comes down to money and I know the game is not a mainstream mmo anymore but to make money you have to lose it and please the fans and community so if any Dev is to see this take these ideas and those of others into consideration.
  2. Kharhaz Committed Player

I have a better idea. Get rid of Daybreak, and all the old Sony staff and start anew with people who actually give a **** about the game rather than profits. Seriously, how many more capsule ******** can we endure before enough is enough?
    • Like x 3
  3. Backseid Devoted Player

Dude. More periods.

Them some serious run on sentences.

Couldn't read.
    • Like x 8
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

We probably won't be getting any more new powers after water until they finally pull the plug on the ps3. It's been on life support for a couple years now.
    • Like x 5
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I honestly think people need to wake up even about water powers. They seem to think they're coming out this year still, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get water until next July or later, lol.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

(Insert "it'll come after the revamp" here)
    (Insert "revamp is still many months out, they wont be done with it this year, its going to fail, devs don't know what they're doing, they're gonna kill dc" here)
    • Like x 3
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yet jackster said water is planned for this year on discord. So all we can do is wait and see if it is
    • Like x 1
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

None of these will make DC great. To be honest I'm getting to that point where a sequel on Unreal 4 is the only way forward.
    • Like x 1
  9. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

1. New races
    2. New Legends tools
    3. Serums.

Drops microphone
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Better team. More funding. Spend money on better things. Make better decisions (look how we're going backwards, AM was a decent concept but poorly executed).

ADD THINGS TO MARKETPLACE.

THIS TIME MAKE POWERS BALANCED AND NOT ONE OP TO INFLUENCE POWER TOKENS.

GO BACK TO QUARTERLY CONTENT.

LASTLY, FIX THESE DAMN BUGS.
    • Like x 2
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I saw 'PvP' and I stopped reading. In before anyone asks Fatal, "Didn't you quit?"
    • Like x 4
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

He also said he'd remove feats in TC an add a vendor for TC JS
    • Like x 2
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

On topic, get new staff, completely. Perhaps with new ppl the game will actually be worth playing longer than 35 minutes a day.
  14. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

All we can do is wait;)
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

I'll believe it when I see it
    • Like x 2
  16. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

ha you and me both. On both topics lol
  17. Zlohsac Committed Player

This guy gets it.
    • Like x 1
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yes because a new engine will make it magically better right? Sure it'll improve it, but in the long run guess what? It'll bring on more P2W methods we hate so much due to dropping PS3 (as PS3 cant handle U4) or even the current engine well enough let alone a updated version lol.
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I agree with the daybreak part but the old Sony staff were with us when it started and they care about more than just profits. as gamers, you have to expect some monetization as that's what pays for the game but I agree Capsules are ruining the game and the other money grubbing additions they have added with feats being behind paywalls
  20. Zlohsac Committed Player

Who said anything about making it magically better?

You do understand that by today's standards, DCUO is old right? That support of the PS3 isn't the only problem. Alot of people focus on just the PS3 as if dropping it will instantly just make everything better. No. I'm talking a complete and total revamp of EVERYTHING on U4. Completely starting over.

Frankly, your condescending attitude is a little odd. You almost sound like you want the game to keep going in the direction it is. Yeah, dropping the PS3 would lose them a ton of players. But is what's happening right now really that much better?

With a new UI, better graphics, better performance, a truly fixed and revamped PvP, a "transfer everything you did to the new game" option, a better progression system, new powers more frequently, etc ... people will come. It may not completely offset the loss of the PS3 population, but I bet alot of old faces would start showing up. The people that don't play or comment on the forums but keep a watchful eye on what's going on.

But of course, i'm a realist. None of this is going to happen. That would require betting on the long term instead of short term gains. It's sad because i've said it before, this game has ridiculous amounts of potential, but I fear it'll never be reached.