Stats Revamp 1.7 - Ice

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah that would be nice, I still don't understand why they switched visuals ...
    • Like x 4
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Resonating Gale isn't a Burst Ability. It's an PI applicator that does Damage Over Time for a short duration, It also pulls in enemies getting them frostbitten. If you make this 300; the only low PI AOE applicator ice will have is impaling ice, which has a 6 second cooldown and it's not nearly as effective as Resonating Gale.

Ice Also Has Multiple 300 to 450 Aoe burst and channeling abilities: These are Ice boulder strike(burst), Frostblast, Avalanche(these are channels.

And if you really need low AOE spammers: You have Snowball(burst) and you have arctic gust(Channel)

So I think Ice is fine in the burst department, we have plenty to use and they are quite effective.
  3. Maxwill Committed Player

And Moja you should lower the powercost of Avalance, it's not usefull even with that high powercost. Better increase powercost of Resonating Gale and make it a burst aoe 300+ power cost.
    • Like x 3
  4. Maxwill Committed Player

Intended?
    • Like x 4
  5. Maxwill Committed Player

Here's a <<sample>>

We could do a bit more damage,if Resonating Gale was a 300+ powercost same for Snow Devil.

Quantum has 2 300 powercosts burst ranged aoe powers +Time Bomb 300 powercost (Alcubierre Wave 300 powercost,Distortion Wave: 300 powercost)

Mental has 2 300 powercosts burst ranged aoe powers :Telekinetic Bolt, Mass terror

Fire has Mass Detonation, an extra high powercost (400) power compared to ice, + 12sec 300 powercost dot(Overheat)

Gadgets has 3 300 powercost burst aoe powers: Vortex canon, emp pulse, paralyzing dart + 450 powercost pet(suppressor turret)

Earth has 3 : shards , tectonic break, striking stones+ a pet to do dot+ burst aoe
    • Like x 4
  6. Maxwill Committed Player

Munitions has 5:Mininuke (450 powercost), 50 cal( 300) , smoke grenade launcher (300), Splosion, Railguns , both 300.

My point is that the above powers will have a big advantage in most of instances, fights, like duos,solos, alerts,raids where you can just sit and do burst damage.
    While Ice has only ice bulder strike as a 300 powercost burst aoe.That will not help with balance among dps powers.Will mess things up.

Here's what I meant about Snow Devil and Swarm.So they need to be balanced, have same powercost, do the same damage ,at the same time and for the same amount of time.

• Like x 5
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

This gave me a very bight light bulb causing me to experiment with RG.

At close range, it's actually an effective 360 pull. If they bump the range of the pull on it just a little bit and make it so it doesn't target anyone in tank role, as in the AoE stays near the tank, it would actually be a worthy 360 pull for ice.
    • Like x 2
  8. Stuxnet New Player

Agree
  9. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Test update notes today last line...

Known Issues
    Pet stats are scaling higher than intended.

But barring that are you really trying to get swarm nerfed when Nature has even less burst options than Ice?
    Which was part of your complaint with Ice in this same post...lol
    Aside from the scaling issues right now I don't think they are trying to make all pets in the game do the same exact damage anyways...
  10. Maxwill Committed Player

No good solution, bad solution, dpses are for doing damage,not controlling so let controllers do the cc , and tanks can do some.
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The supercharge blizzard needs a buff. Most 100% supers deal around 400k damage and blizzard is only around 200k. Thats a huge bummer for a 100% super please fix :p
    • Like x 1
  13. Moja Developer

Blizzard is a 50% cost :)
    • Like x 1
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Can it at least be buffed to match Munition's Mounted Turret?

Even for a 50% Supercharge the damage feels lackluster.
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

wow it must have been to late when i was testing that haha good looking out. Well i guess its inline for a 50%. :p
    • Like x 1
  16. Maxwill Committed Player

Intended?

17. Moja Developer

Looks like snow devil is splitting damage incorrectly. Fix incoming. Thanks!
  18. McShotzz Well-Known Player

I know that sets are being balanced without iconics/movement powers in mind but is there any way we could add HardLight Shield into the ice elemental loadout?
  19. McShotzz Well-Known Player

And personally im fine with resonating gale as is. Adds some variety to cc while tanking, plus i use it as a pseudo substitute for backdraft, epicenter, atom splitter, etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.