I like the Time-Torn Material but...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Craven Green, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Craven Green Loyal Player

Why no Camouflage material? We are taken back in time and all you can see in both the Area 51 zone and the War Torn village zone are soldiers. Would this not have made a really cool material for this content? I know I'm late but I was dressing my character and thought "man, camo would have set this style right off."

Below are a few examples of camo colors and patterns that possibly be used for a material for the future, maybe even a booster box style.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thank you for your time in this matter and all comments are appreciated just keep it polite and constructive.
    • Like x 10
  2. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

The type of Camo you're talking about didn't actually exist during WW2. Not that I'm saying we shoudn't or can't have a camo material, but in terms of historical connection to WW2, there really isn't one.
    • Like x 2
  3. Devlyka Level 30

that's very untrue the waffen ss developed digital camo and they had reversible camo smocks(spring -winter) they wore over there tunics, and later in the war, dot 44 was issued was entire uniforms of digital camo. the heer regular germany army had camo as well but wasn't digital, so there is a rather strong connection to ww2 lol. You really shouldn't correct folks with subjects you're obviously ignorant about.
    • Like x 7
  4. Craven Green Loyal Player

[IMG]
    This is the WW2 German Panzer Camouflage.
    [IMG]
    These are some of the German camouflage uniforms.
    • Like x 1
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Think camo have to many things going on to be turned into a material. It would look nice, but the system probably Can't handle it
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Dont ya know that throwing out misinformation is the norm on these forums? :p Talk/type 1st and check if the info is correct later is the MO most days.

In all seriousness tho OP i love the idea.I always wondered why we never got even a camo style when munitions came out. We did get a rifle on our back but ya gotta go through that long pvp grind that most people cant stand to get that style. I will never have it on my munitions toon because of that. Its another big reason we need style unlocking ;)
    • Like x 4
  7. Devlyka Level 30

That's actually a picture of a dot 44 tunic issued to Waffen SS soldat later on in the war but that pattern was used by SS tank crews. The wehrmacht used Splittertarnmuster which is a splinter type of camo and developed many different variants and the SS used the digital style also with many variants...as did the German Paratroopers. So basically ww2 was birth of camouflage as we know today
    • Like x 1
  8. Craven Green Loyal Player

Thank you for enlightening the masses today. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  9. Devlyka Level 30

lol no problem i'm actually a historian and I do ww2 reenacting so I own a lot of reproductions of said camo and I've always loved SS camo design and totally would like to see some styles based on it in game too.
    • Like x 1
  10. Craven Green Loyal Player

A lot of the league was surprised there wasn't some sort of higher rank jacket, with medals on it as one of the styles in this content.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Medal festooned jacket, bowl hat, cavalry pants, knee high boots? Lotta General Patton's would have been running around :D
    • Like x 1
  12. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Here's a bit of history 101 for ya; never trust a man in a tunic.
    • Like x 1
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_camouflage

Snow camouflage[edit]

[IMG]

Finnish artillery during the Winter War, showing improvised snow camouflage made from bedsheets and whitewash
    Main article: Snow camouflage
    Seasons may play a role in some regions. A dramatic change in colour and texture is created by seasonal snowy conditions in northern latitudes, necessitating repainting of vehicles and separate snow oversuits. The Eastern and northern European countries have a tradition for separate winter uniforms rather than oversuits.[2]During the Second World War, the Waffen-SS went a step further, developing reversible uniforms with separate schemes for summer and autumn, as well as white winter oversuits.[12]
    • Like x 1
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Wouldn't mind a blue skycamo material :)
    • Like x 2
  15. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Don't worry Craven "a little birdie told me" the Camo material will be exclusively in the next Booster Bundle. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

In all seriousness I would buy this material if it was tintable and placed on the marketplace for a reasonable price. #PlaceMaterialsOnTheMarketplace #Seriously

Camo, Metallic, Plastic, Leather, Matte, Fabric and many more would sell like hotcakes at IHOP.
    • Like x 1
  17. Craven Green Loyal Player

The void material is slightly tintable with the 3rd slot so I don't see why they couldn't make a basic camo pattern with a fixed color and 1 or 2 adjustable colors. Would buy it yesterday if they did.
    • Like x 1
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

actually the first military arm to realize 'camo" could work effectively was the navy
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG]
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

People are wearing cammo material. You just can't see them. It's that damn good.
    • Like x 3
  20. Devlyka Level 30

lol all the soldier types mobs in all the JSA are wearing "tunics" it's more or less a jacket but you've gotta admit the Germany army had some stylish uniforms but I guess that's what happens when ya have Hugo Boss design them. I like how this thread has turned into on big history lesson for Mohican. I blame public schooling speaking as someone who teaches history for a living I'm continually shocked when we have school field trips. American historical films don't help much either, they might be entertaining but good lord they are mostly fictional with horribly researched period material culture or borderline propaganda.
    • Like x 2