Is it time to say goodbye to PS3 yet???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Too long of a paragraph...i dont come on the forums to read a novel. Ps3 players could switch to ps4 consoles if they wanted too but really dont want to save up/or put the money out for a new console until they are basically forced to thus with dropping the ps3. What i really look forward to is seeing better features and past issues being finally fixed due to the ps3 holding us back. If ppl were smart, instead of complaining about how you have all these glitches on your ps3 while on the game they should instead invest money into buying a ps4 instead of putting videos on youtube of them opening 100+ time capsules.
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The reason PS3 has a higher saturation is because it's been out for eleven years!

Stop clutching the pool-noodle in the middle of the Atlantic and get on the damn liferaft!

No one is saying you can't continue playing your PS3 exclusive games, no more than playing old NES or PSOne games, but the problem is, no one expected idiots to attempt to play international MMO's on a console!

When EQ2 upgraded some years back, had to get a new laptop if wanted to continue playing it, so why the frank are consolers being so damn stubborn?

The worst decision ever was allowing MMO's onto consoles in the first place
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yeah ive had to upgrade my pc and even buy my current one at one point. Many games with certain updates pretty much require you to better your device/equipment to play. If you cant then you dont play...plain and simple...heck it is a business after all. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

There is a reason why games have "Recommended" and "Minimum Specs" on the back of the box, and they have always done that (at least as far back as the C64 and Amiga), so why the big surprise now? o_O
  5. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Game is as gluitchy on the PS4, when it comes to the marketplace even more. Especially past issues could have been fixed a long time if the devs had any interest in that.

I'm looking forward to see the PS3 dropped, too - to see many people like you leave the game in disappointment and masses :D Or start the "cen we get a PC only version"-threads LMAO :D
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Lol i havent gone anywhere but when a console has outlived its usefulness even to the point of not running properly on a game then its time for that console to die. Ps4 runs the game much better then the ps3. Its like you want the game to burn anyhow...we will get rid of the outdated deadweight console and get stuff fixed and get more stuff with new mechanics since they wont have to worry about running out on ps3 memory.
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

PS4 internal memory = 8 gig
    PS3 internal memory = 256 meg

When it comes to programming the game, yeah, I'd say the PS3 very much IS the issue.
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Hopefully this Christmas lol
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh, and just to set the record straight: am not one of the ones who believes dropping the deadweight console with automagically fix the game, but holding on to it beyond it's BBD is just being stupid, specially when you know there are so many problems with it
  10. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Ok, so no. I see the reasons are the same so maybe I'll ask again next year. I'm too first world I guess and expect the majority to be the same.

And a flip phone? Maybe I need to really just take a step back and be thankful I'm not stuck in the Stone Age. Although, I do own a house phone (somehow it makes my cable and Internet cheaper.)

It does not surprise me in the least that (some) people will accept things for what they are and never question the system.
    • Like x 1
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

How long have you been playing this game?
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Nothing wrong with a flippy-fone, if that's all you need, these so-called 'smart-phones'? That try and be a laptop in your pocket? Waayyy too much going on
    Valentine's Day 2011, didn't actually take part in the Catwoman event as had trouble staying connected because had the External HD hooked u via a 4-way Hub
  13. Haptyc Active Player

PS3, PS4 and PC all use different operating systems. Each one of those takes up resources. The limits of the PS3 are blindingly obvious. Getting rid of that platform would be in the best interest for the majority of the player base.

The numbers posted previously for the PS3 were for the ENTIRE lifespan of 11 years and has NOTHING to do with what is used today and what is used for DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

And you're still CR42? And you're alts are still under 30?
  15. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

I must have missed the point where anywhere involved stated a) the PS3 is and was designed only to run DCUO and b) the problems originate in the hardware only. The majority of PS3 titles run properly on it, including other cross platform games. Yes, memory is a problem but mainly to programmers who do not know how to cope with limited memory. There were lots of PC games that performed better despite coming with a 256 MB environment. Former generations of programmers just knew how to get along with a memory limit, nowadays youngster are used to have every resource available in abundance.

And it's not about like I want, it's about like you want. You want to have more customization options etc. and demand others to pay up for it, hiding behind some "greater good". Like I said before: Can't wait ti get rid of the PS3 by a move from Daybreak, to see all your long faces when a) not a single thing you hoped for will be added and b) the excuses go to other, still not well founded argumentations :D
  16. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Just out of curiosity and an open question to all:

What do you expect for the game when the PS3 is dropped?

I glanced at pretty much all the replies to this thread, but didn't see anyone posting a list of things they want/expect to see, post-PS3 and I'm pretty interested to know what people are hoping will happen when the PS3 isn't supported.
    • Like x 3
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Its an insult.

There are many players who simply can't afford to upgrade to PS4, and don't have a spare few hundred quid laying about - or even from earnings/savings, to upgrade (that or they may be saving for other things).

Sure, how people are still playing on PS3 by now I don't understand, having upgraded myself 13 months ago as I tired of my PS3 and its many load screen crashes, DCs and overheating around the same time I got paid for the month. But if players can't or don't want to afford a PS4, but still care for the game and still wish to play it, then they shouldn't have that taken away from them because a few players have the perception that dropping the PS3 will magically turn the game better in every way every player wants.

I see both sides of the argument to an extent but I still disagree with your statement that PS3 players are 'cheap'.
    • Like x 1
  18. Godlysnack New Player

Unfortunately they think Daybreak will be just like SquEnix with FFXIV. Sometime soon FFXIV will be dropping their PS3 support and are going to push out some big updates to the game. DCUO won't be so lucky. I doubt Daybreak would update DCUO to a higher standard just because they dropped the PS3 support. They'd just come up with different excuses without the PS3 holding it back.
  19. megamanzero Loyal Player

Nope just realist. Don't be mad bro
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What the Hael has that got to do with anything? Started EQ2 when it launched, main is only mid-60's because turned off experience gain to enjoy the game rather than rushing to the "End Zone"
    Most PCers have already paid, by upgrading their machines or buying a new machine altogether

It's not just a problem with a memory limit, it was a graphics limit back then as well: you had what, 256 colours? Very 'blocky' graphics and slow processing speed (that's why you have to fiddle with the settings or something if you want to play something like "Pools of Radiance" on a modern PC)

One of your arguments is because the PS4 doesn't have a 'real' tennis game? Seriously? That's a problem with the Sony designers for not allowing retro-gaming (or whatever it's called that would allow PS3 games to work on a PS4)

But, again, no one is saying you have to chuck out your PS3 and stop playing Pocket Tennis, but if you want to continue playing in the modern gaming world, you are going to have to get a rig that can cope