Stats Revamp 1.8: Nature

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

You will use dots on adds but the number you will use depends on how long the adds will take to kill. While i'm not a fan of roar i can see a use for it on a add build when used as a finisher to consume the remaining dots for a burst. It could actually work pretty well if used correctly.

And if you read my posts when i say nature is in a good spot i mean function wise. The way it works now is great but it does need damage increases across most abilities and some burst damage added to the initial cast of the powers that apply dots. If we get those things i mentioned nature will be in a great spot.
    • Like x 4
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

FORM CHANGES:
    it may be the lag on EU side of the world, but on test, if trying to change into wolf form, i get like a second where i can not use any power, nor the weapon. just wanted to ask if ppl have noticed too. also: the form changes give you a second loadout, wich is awesome. however: changing back the form after a certain amount of time leads to the awkward situation of breaking the rotation and using powers that were not intended...

QUESTION DEVS:
    could you make the form change last without time limit, but only the buffs they give would go away after some time? players should be able to use "transform to normal" when they are ready. at the moment, transform to normal is a useless power and the automatical change back is making trouble...
    • Like x 1
  3. drac0nisw0lf Level 30

I miss canine form, and I wish it looked like a wolf. The other forms as charges instead of instant powers is different, but I think I can manage. I haven't tested much, but I will.
    • Like x 1
  4. BusterUno New Player

Please please please make Savage Growth a HoT again...
    • Like x 1
  5. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I don't understand why you can't bring the dog back.
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

30th June Hotfix - Healing:

Savage Growth, thanks for bringing this ability back. I am unsure of the specifics of how this returned ability works, I assume it heals all 8? I bug i did notice with this ability is that it doesn't heal allies as it did on live. I also see it heals similar to metabolism but weaker, as long as it hits all 8 i think it should be OK.

Blossom, this ability is bugged, the pheromone healing with 3 stacks was healing for 900, previous to this update it was around 2100 at CR201, roughly 15000 restoration. The priority heal has also been downgraded in strength, i think until I see the pheromone healing I can't say if the reduction in the priority strength being justifiable.

Metabolism, fixed, thank you :)

Flourish, I still think the initial burst is still too weak, i can't say for sure since it really does rely on the strength of the blossom pheromone healing.

Roar, Increasing the pheromone healing for this is very nice, letting the healing all come at once is even better, this ability is so much better to use.

Also I am enjoying see the reward for using the niche abilities like cross pollination and bloom through the increased pheromone healing, I hope we see this treatment for the other power sets because it actually does give a reason to use these abilities over what could possibly be mainstream.

Overall I would say this update was a massive improvement over the last, thank you for acknowledging our feedback. Just to repeat, my concerns were for the blossom pheromone healing being bugged as well as flourishes initial burst feeling really weak. I will try to provide further feedback when I get in content.
    • Like x 4
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Nature's dps is pretty great now IMO. Consumes quite a bit of power, but you get a nice amount of rewarding DPS now.

• My only complaints/Criticism remaining: Supercharges aren't Balanced. If I were to Rank them: Primal Wolf: The best, does great damage for a 25% supercharge. Rampage: Second Best, it buffs your crits and crit chances as well as doing other features it does well. Gorilla Form: Don't like it, the combos are weird and the damage has a big delay from the animations. Carnivorous Plants: Rubbish damage and it's the only 100% SC's nature's got, Primal wolf does way better than it and it's more SC efficient too.
  8. Maxwill Committed Player

Swarm is still doing more damage compared to Snow Devil, is that intended?
  9. Maxwill Committed Player

It would be better to have 1 instant group heal because by the time healing over time heals someone or some people they would be dead, the heal over time is too low.Why play nature healer when you can play for example celestial or electricity and be more effective, heal faster with instant group heals?
    An instant group heal could be flourish, we have more than enough healing over time/pheromons , give us a very good instant group healing power please.
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Swarm really isn't that good so my thought on snow devil is that needs a buff. Swarm does around base damage of a dot so imo its ok cause you can use it for adds cause its aoe unlike 2 of natures dots. it still wont be as good as a dot cause swarm doesn't crit but it will make up for the lower damage in time cause you don't have to spread it like a dot, but if its not in line i guess adjust it.
    • Like x 1
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Everything seems pretty good to me, still a slow setup time if using 3 dots but thats no big deal at all cause theres many ways to play nature now and i really like that. We used to be stuck with really only one way and myself and others i know hated that. At first i was skeptical on roar and that mechanic but after playing around with it it will be a good power to have on a add build to suck up the remaining dots and not miss out on that damage.

Only thing im not sure whats up with yet is the form supercharges. I didn't get around to testing them today but was there any changes to them in this update?

And Shin-O-B you are my hero and i'm sure others feel the same way!! After all the years of nature sucking you really pulled through for us :D
  12. JohnnyWatson New Player

Awesome!
    This feels like nature dps again.
    The old stuff working again with the new stuff added, now gives you plenty of good loadouts for different situations to choose from.
    Im not being specific about any power here because it all works now as far as i can tell.

I did struggle with power management though, it all seems rather expensive.
    Harvest needs to be used frequently for a dot loadout and drains you power with its 300 cost.
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

With a troll or 2 you should be fine on power. Even by yourself as long as your only refreshing dots and using voracious plants you should do pretty well with power as long as your speced into the hybrid or power mastery nodes and also as many points as you can into the might/power stat.. There def are some more power costly builds but thats something i'd save for a raid and even then i was good on power with 2 trolls.
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I noticed this last night when I was doing some duo and alert content with a Nature player that was using a play-from-the-tray build with Power Mastery. I was playing Controller and his power bar was always close to empty. With the current sad state of Controller power returns, there wasn't much I could do to help out.

Feedback
    Why does Carnivorous Plants apply the Crush power interaction? There is nothing in the Nature powerset that can take advantage of that power interaction.
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Not bashing anyone but i think people might be playing it wrong or just not paying attention to power consumption and just trying to use to many 300 cost powers for small content if they are using a ton of power. I can sustain myself for a pretty good amount of time with no troll. Now if you try to do the put your dots out and take them away with roar then set them back up and do it again thing sure thats gonna be power hungry but roar is more of a finish the adds off kinda power not a use it all the time thing. Also if you use savage growth a lot in small content you have to pace yourself with it but thats the same experience i've had with other powers.
    • Like x 1
  16. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Further impressions for the healing side, Flourish isn't good enough simply put. That 6s cooldown for the burst amount still being so low, nature doesn't really have any reliable big burst heals, if you don't majorly want to increase the healing amount please reduce the cooldown to 3s and keep it the same strength.

This is still subject to how strong Blossom turns out to be after it's bugs fixed. I think if it's similar to roar where each stack weighs about 1.6k-1.7k at roughly 15000 restoration it should be decent enough. But if each stack weighs around 900 as I think it's only taking account one stack then I don't think Blossom Pheromone Healing is strong enough and Flourish would need a major buff if you don't further increase the pheromone healing from Blossom.

Power costs are also consistently being a detriment, this goes across for all power sets that the power cost scaling is too high and trolls are too weak, this is an even bigger issue for nature since most of it's healing are HoTs and are compound heals, this means rapid use of abilities is required to maintain adequate healing for content but if two clips put me from 100% power to 40% power (Savage Growth + Metabolism) I don't see how I can maintain my healing, this isn't spamming either, this is literally to heal incoming damage as and when it comes.

This isn't like dps where I should just use the 100 power cost ability, set powers are needed to actually function with the power set, there are no lower costing loadouts for healers let alone support roles. If anything please reduce the power scaling for support roles, this keeps the DPS role in check and lets the support role actually do it's job without constant worry for power if played right.
    • Like x 2
  17. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Savage Growth for healing also seems bugged, sometimes it applies the healing effects, sometimes it doesn't. I have Line of Sight with my group members but sometimes they just dont receive the healing.

Also with Savage Growth, please could you revert it to 5 ticks like it is on live and just consolidate it's strength it has now to those 5 ticks. I feel too many small and fractured HoTs also contribute to the feeling of lack of burst healing. Also please move it to a 1.5s CD as consume soul is, I still see consume soul being the much stronger ability due to it's high initial burst and semi lingering HoT
  18. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I am finding metabolism and savage growth both to be really weak, i am so much more power hungry than celestial right now mainly because I have to use my near enough my entire loadout (swarm shield, metabolism, blossom, savage growth, flourish and roar) for any sort of significant burst healing, Savage Growth, Metabolism with Flourish barely does any amount of healing, if I use blossom rather than my priority target will receive a fair amount of healing but no one else really will. The only exception to this is if i use roar, roars numbers are really solid and I suggest leaving this ability as it is, everything does need to be buffed in strength, lower cooldowns for savage growth and flourish.
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I guess If one want to use Carnage or any weapon buff, he should clip the lowest power cost power instead of longest animation time nowadays. Clipping a high cost power even like 200 makes power usage to fluctuate too much which drains your power bar sooner.
  20. L T Devoted Player

Vine Lash seems to be hitting twice before the poison ticks start. Is that intended?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.