I AM NO MAN'S SIDEKICK, I AM AN AMAZON, I AM HERE TO SAVE MANKIND...THE WONDER WOMAN MOVIE THREAD

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 18, 2016.

1. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    And I thought this shot was a reversed homage to the new 52 cover.
    [IMG]
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Carter wore it better :p
    • Like x 1
  3. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Yeah, noticed it all as I watched the movie
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Thought this was cute.

[IMG]
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Dread Pirate Roberts, but who's the chick? Princess Buttercup? o_O
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i figured the ice cream scene was a nod to the tv series with wondergirls introduction. she was obsessed with ice cream.

the movie was all right. far better than Manof Steel,SvsB and SS but at the same time it wasn't brilliant. i think it was just those other movies were so bad that it made this one look better. Chris Pine stole the show and the chemistry between him and gal was amazing.

I'm okay with overlooking the obvious flaws now that dianas firmly set her place in the dceu.
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

My wife and I took our two oldest daughters to see this a couple of nights ago. We all enjoyed it quite a bit. The only gripe I had was the same gripe I had with BvS: the final fight scene. All the darkness and the twitchy camera work and crappy cgi effects and tiny-looking areas (seriously, the way it was filmed and processed made the base look tiny) during the battle with Ares turned me off a bit but couldn't ruin what was otherwise a really good movie. It tugged at our feels.
  9. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Princess Buttercup and General Antiope are played by Robin Wright.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh, thank you, better not call her 'Gazelle'* then :p
    *it's a type of antelope, for those not getting the joke, Antiope is similar to Antelope
  11. Eve YouTuber

Movie was awesome. I really enjoyed it.
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Second weekend numbers are $57.1 million, that is only a 44.6% drop, which is really good. Apparently all the other DCEU movies dropped in the high 60s, so WW is at least doing better in the long play.

Fun note WW took down the power of Cruise. The Mummy only made 32.3 million domestic and a global of 174, which is below the breaking even mark of 250.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I finally went to see it yesterday and to attest to the movies' staying power, after 3 weeks a 5 o'clock Tuesday night showing was still packed.

I had to sit in the second row from the screen. Now to be fair it wasn't one of their biggest rooms and the fact that it was 107 degrees out, may have had an effect but still.
  14. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Just saw it, liked it a lot!
    Though I can't help but think now that when she fought doomsday she really was just slightly playing while doomsday fought his heart out.:D
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    Well there are early reports that Geoff Johns and Patty Jenkins are already developing the script for the Wonder Woman sequel. And according to the report, the movie will take place during the 1980s during the end of the Cold War. It also confirms that Chris Pine is planned to return as perhaps Steve Trevor's son, similar to how it was done in the Wonder Woman tv series. And from the looks of it, the film will deal with espionage and maneuverings of Soviet Russia
    [IMG]
  17. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Wonder Woman passes Deadpool at the box office, and the Merc with a Mouth has nothing but respect

Warner Bros. Pictures‘ Wonder Woman continues to impress at the box office. This weekend, Gal Gadot‘s DC Comics heroine officially passed the already-impressive domestic take of 20th Century Fox‘s Marvel hero, Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds’ Merc with a Mouth has nothing but love for the “Distinguished Competition,” however, posting the following to the official Deadpool twitter feed (and retweeted by Reynolds himself):

[IMG]

While Deadpool ultimately took in $363 million domestically, Wonder Woman‘s weekend performance hit $368 with audiences still eager to see the film week after week. Worldwide, Deadpool still has the edge. His debut movie brought in just over $783 million worldwide while Wonder Woman’s total currently stands at $745 million.
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Now that we finally got a movie of Wonder Woman up next is the story of her creator (not a WB product).

19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Now that will be worth watching
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    It's official, WB / DC has announced that the Wonder Woman sequel is set for December 13, 2019. Gal Gadot will definitely be back and the studio is currently in negotiations with Patty Jenkins to return to direct.