Why does Rage need Rage Crash mechanic?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Jun 27, 2017.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

Can someone please answer?

Rage Crash makes tanking with Rage so much more stressful than the other tank powers. This is why there are barely any Rage tanks at all. No other tank can knock out itself... if you mess up once it's over... where's the fun in that? Causes nothing but stress and a minor heart attacks.

Yes, a few people will post "it's what makes Rage unique", but if being unique means it's the only tank that can knock itself out is it worth it?

I've always said Rage Crash needs to go and the revamp is the perfect time, don't waste it...
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The reason there's no Rage tanks is because people prefer easier things and don't want to man up.

"Ohh there's a risk factor, ohh there's a high chance I could die. Why should I die when I can turtle tank as ice and pop shields all the time"

For crying out loud, we need to stop taking away things because they appear hard. If you don't like Rage Crash, then don't Rage Tank or switch your power.

Sick and Tired of things being lowered or completely removed around here from Unique powersets all because players wanna keep playing Safe and Easy mode on this game.
    • Like x 22
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

My main alt is a rage tank. I've never tanked with another power. It's really exciting and I love the visuals. Every now and then the group wipes because I rage crash. Making those split second choices to try and avoid this is a large part of the excitement. If you don't feel the same way, rage tanking perhaps isn't the role for you.
    • Like x 4
  5. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

That would make rage very OP, in certain situations. There are ways to mitigate some of the damage you take, if you're rage crashing. I don't think getting rid of rage crashing is the answer, because it's too difficult to cancel it or because you could die. Well, this might come off sounding rude, but, get better at not rage crashing?

The whole point of rage is the risk/reward factor. If you take out the risk, it'll just throw rage completely out of balance with every other tank power.
    • Like x 10
  6. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Rage Crash is not going anywhere. All I can suggest is if you don't like it don't use it.
    • Like x 3
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

on live the rage crash mechanic is needed because of unlimited health, rage buffs health per used ability x targets or something like that ... however i dont think thats how it still works on revamp , i think they put a cap on buffing health if i recall it right rage buffs less hp on test than fire so i wonder why rage still needs that mechanic with stats revamp...
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

The concept is on "Berserker" class of tanking. Whether or not they accomplished that with Rage Tanks, who knows, but the concept is designed around that. Thematically, it's a good place.
    • Like x 4
  9. DrakoTheGhoul Active Player

The way i see it Rage crash is for balance sake imagine running around content just stacking your health to 100k+ healing back 100%(?) damage and not taking any at all then add a troll you basically can't die theres no risks only rewards there isn't any adds that can hit that hard so nothing could kill you. It would make rage a lazy power most people would just stack the whole time making it easy mode with Nigh Omnihealth. Also fire tanking is just as stressful to if you don't counter or come out of block at the wrong time you die.
    • Like x 1
  10. Saybro Committed Player

OP....If it's you, you need to practice, if it's a friend he needs to practice. That is the best aspect of rage. Sure it can piss some people off when you crash during a moment, but that is how it goes. Same if ice doesn't cycle their shields or fire gets juggled. I think it takes great skill to rage tank. Unlike others, 1 mistake can doom you. Bring that B game and you should be fine.Single boss is the only place I see rage slightly struggle. If crash should be removed then come up with a suggestion. Running around stacking health with no consequence seems pretty bland.
    • Like x 3
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Because it would just be incredibly op. Could you really not figure that out. Things have to have risk/reward factor.
    • Like x 1
  12. RLManuel Committed Player

I had to reply to this lol.

What is the high reward for rage tanking?

Also, most are saying it will be to OP, but couldn't the DEV's do something about that? I mean honestly...

Taking away Rage Crash won't hurt anyone...
  13. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

Personally, the crash is what I enjoyed most from rage tanking, it added that need of being aware of what was going on.
    Else you would simply heal forever and would be quite boring. That's my so very unrequested opinion though.
    • Like x 2
  14. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

same reward for people who mastered Dan Hibiki.. knowing that you are actually more skillful then everyone else since it take little to no skill to play as Ice or Earth tank..
    • Like x 1
  15. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

Don't play rage if you don't like it.
    • Like x 1
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

U clearly dont understand how rage tanking works. Ya know what they did to not make it super OP? They put in rage crashing. Stop asking for easy mode and go learn how to rage tank. Risk vs reward. Learn what it means.
    • Like x 7
  17. RLManuel Committed Player

Lol most of you just throw insults. I'm glad the DEV's listen to you few people -_-
  18. RLManuel Committed Player

What is the high reward for rage tanking since you know everything?
  19. RLManuel Committed Player

Never said I didn't like it lol
  20. RLManuel Committed Player

lol is that it?