Dev Discussion Episode 28: Justice for All (+Elite) Raid feedback thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here2Help Devoted Player

It's nothing to do with the scoreboard at all. It's about content not having an even playing field and certain powers having too much of an advantage. That advantage isn't about having extra numbers on the scoreboard, but being able to finish and complete content with much greater ease and efficiency. Why should the inclusion or lack off a power in a run make or break that raid run?
    • Like x 1
  2. KateNash New Player

I literally don't think there is a way you could have missed the point of the change any harder. It's not about scoreboard, it's about the fact that there's a move in the game that single handedly trivialises what was slated to be he hardest current tier content in the game. No one cares about making people happy for the time being because a power is getting nerfed. We're living in the present, not the future, so stats has nothing to do with this change.
    • Like x 1
  3. Backblock Well-Known Player

Munitions is already trash on test and now its going to be garbage before the revamp even comes out, wait, I mean if it comes out lol.
    All people can do is complain because others are beating content with biggun, always worrying about what another group of players are doing lol. It never fails and some people feel salt because certain powers have advantages over others in certain content.
    All the devs can do is nerf a power, making it crap and useless. What, nerf munitions' biggun so those dpses and trollers can switch to the next best power? :rolleyes:

OH are they going to fix the SLOW damage that munitions has on bosses to compensate for the neutered biggun or will those unfortunate souls have to go Gadgets or Mental? Nah, they won't fix that, they just nerf.
    Im going to be laughing later tonight when I go on test to find that Munitions is still horrible.
    They may as well delete the power at this point.
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The change will most likely only be for the adds on the last boss. Having biggun one shot the adds totally bypasses the mechanic that makes that fight hard.

Also munitions does pretty good boss damage if you know what your doing.
    • Like x 1
  5. MessiahXHD Level 30

6. MessiahXHD Level 30

7. MessiahXHD Level 30

8. MessiahXHD Level 30

Wait Big Gun is the only Relevant power to help munitions DPS , This power is not good for boss fights at all, only ads, the problem is not biggun , JFAE last boss fight should not be this difficult for any power to kill the ads, it takes way to long to put them down with out a munitions big gun in there ,people be out of phase way to long , personally with out big gun i don't think any powers can beat JFAE last boss fight and it should not be that way , I think people are misunderstanding whats really happening in the final boss fight period, Instead of complaining about Big Gun ,Tell the DEV's the truth it's to hard for you!!!!!
  9. Cratz New Player

even if it isnt, in the end, for the scoreboard.... biggun isnt usefull at all except for low rank adds ..... OP pets tht can easily push dmg to place like biggun or even more pretty fast ..... exploitable nd easy AM tht can bring the dmg output of some powers to the same place of biggun..... yeah atm it can it can one shot adds.... and seeing the lastest hotfix it cant anymore so will all the ppl tht complain about biggun continue to point the advantages of other powers :rolleyes: i rlly dont think so cause prob now its not so usefull to talk bout it anymore.....

speaking for my own experience... game was great back thn at launch b4 even came out first dlc ..... tht was challenging nd fun at same time, without a fraction of wot ppl ve now and we didnt complain nd cry on forums like nowadays..... just play or move on ;)
  10. Cratz New Player

I agree but the way like its being pointed and taking in consideration, devs thinking... it leads to a certain nerf.

Now is it trully necessary to nerf a situtional ability (tht already is being nerfed in the future) ??? so a pre-nerf on a future super nerfed ability, ahahah. I continue to say that it should be a SC like on the other powersets... thn you guys could stop crying over this point :p and leave munitions BIGGUN ***, cause its cause of this tht content is not hard enough :eek::rolleyes:
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

Biggun hasn't been majorly adjusted...yet. It still works the same in every place except for the adds at JFAe LB. It was simply too strong there and allowed groups to completely bypass a mechanic. There is no way to truly justify having a supercharge tied to one power that can let you completely bypass entire mechanics and problems at a boss fight, especially an Elite one.

Well, you clearly do not understand. The changes to how Biggun is functioning at LB is actually making the content harder, not easier. Most, if not all, groups are doing Elite LB with the use of multiple Munitions just so the add wave can be completely killed off and then instantly interacted with to restore powers to the group. That instant elimination and restoration of powers turns the complete fight into a tank and spank unlike runs without Muntions where there is so much more going on. With the adjustments to how Biggun functions at that fight, it now ensures that every run will be much more equal and will require the group to understand and play the mechanics instead of completely bypassing everything with multiple Bigguns.
    • Like x 2
  12. Cratz New Player

Dont worry now, they already """"fix it"""" :rolleyes::rolleyes: now you all happy and with super balanced powers :eek:
  13. Here2Help Devoted Player

Yep, they have fixed it and I am incredibly happy. The fight is now fair and doesn't allow one power to completely change the whole fight filled with mechanics to a tank and spank fight.
    • Like x 1
  14. Cratz New Player

Miss Khandaq time .... no excuses, it really require skill, regardless of the power we used, to get stuff done, really serious players nd no rich boys around (even if they were, it didnt matter xD ), no replay badges, no bad decisions on power design, etc, etc .... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

p.s. forums were mostly to share loadout and or seek for help for something
  15. Naosei New Player

16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Show of hands if anyone has ever.........left the raid after the second boss thinking it was the last boss.

I haven't but I've seen several people do that - or at least say "gg ty" in chat. The setup of the Baron Van Savage fight with the cutscenes on either side, the room used (same as LB in the SJ alert), and the dialogue in the cutscene after the fight seems more like an end cutscene than a mid-raid cutscene. I suppose the fact that the last time we fought Vandal Savage he was a last boss as well might be related to this.

Is there any way of making it more clear that there is still another boss fight in this raid after? I do kinda feel like there should have been something in the dialogue like "We must stop Per Degaton before its too late" or such like either in this cutscene or shortly after.
  18. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi there...I have to say something about the extra boss in elite raid having the back.

Having the op items and having the CHANCE ONLY 1 TIME to use it to get the extra boss , doesn't make me feel like I should get the op item, doesn't encourage me to have the op back.It would be nice if you guys let us be able to spawn the extra boss each time, not just once. What's the point on having the op back but ONLY 1 CHANCE to get the extra loot? :(
  19. JackFrost Developer

We're going to be making a change in an upcoming hotfix to allow players to re-summon the optional boss if they try and fail to defeat them on the first attempt. I'm not sure when this change will make it to the live server. The change will affect both Justice for All and Ultimate Soldier. Thanks to you and everyone for the feedback!
    • Like x 4
  20. Mighty Committed Player

Anyone else getting really degraded gameplay on the elite Ultimate Soldier feat after a few wipes? After a couple wipes we're getting ads and the boss moonwalking or altogether teleporting out of aggro with the tank, falling through the floor, extreme lag to the point that you can safely roll out of attacks that register damage a half beat later, grenades disappearing, arc arm registering multiple hits and killing people through their block, arc arm registering damage well after the animation expires, etc.

It's been pretty consistent with us where if we're in there for much time at all, the wheels fall off because of glitchy silliness. Never seen a raid where this has happened before, not sure what the deal is.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.