Can someone tell me if the new Sidekick in the MP is any good?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Perdition, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Perdition Committed Player

well the title says it all i guess. they released a new sidekick in the MP. what i really wanne know beside the 2% extra power (when u are above lvl 30) that it does anything else? like give chunks of power when hes active like the normal sidekick does. i do like his look tho.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

3. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

it's special power is that it will take up yet another slot in your bank space not long after this event is over. Right on top of the pile of trinkets already in there.
    • Like x 3
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

must be xbox, nothing on MP for me
    • Like x 2
  5. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Can you share a picture of what you are talking about?
    • Like x 1
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It might be a us thing @space

@dragon it's in the mp
  7. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Ok, since I don't have a PS4 at the office I can contribute to the conversation tonight ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I'll explain a little. It's a pack that gives soda ultimates a sidekick(trinket) stabilizers and a xp booster for 7.99$
  9. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

If the sidekick is dressed differently from what we had in game, I'll buy that thing. We've been asking for a sidekick customization for too many years and having a fresh appearance for the sidekick is a plus.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I used the wrong word. They call it a sidekick but it's similar to tombot. My apologies
  11. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

Then I won't buy it. For power I have Baby Boo and has been sitting in the bank since I don't remember. The amount of time they are out vs the benefit is more efficient to combine the Home Turf trinkets. And it will be difficult to get better lines than Tombot or ServoBrainiac.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I agree wholehearty
    • Like x 1
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm on USPC and don't see anything like that on the MP. Huh.
    • Like x 1
  14. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I bought it yesterday assuming that it would maybe be an account bound thing like everything else. I need to rank up 3 heroes so I can platinum trophy this game. So I bought it. What you get is:

2 stabilizers
    The Lexcorp Robot pet
    All gear/weapon (for me it attuned to level 25 on my primary character that was 201). It was the "New Genesis" style. At least I was able to sell it for around $1400 each.
    Some ultimate soders (Not sure how many, I have a bunch)
    A daybreak emblem which activates an XP boost for at least an hour. Seemed like way more. You do get to keep the emblem afterwards.
    And 2 radar enhancers.

As far as the pet it is decent. It will attack and heal you in battle. So the healing alone makes it slightly better then the Tiny Starro (Only pet I have aside from Mainframe ones). The recharge timer is the same as a Tiny Starro. Damage wise it was hitting for 15-20k on a Sparring Target. Seemed the same as Robot Sidekick damage wise. The attacks were less generic, and I even noticed it doing Emotes at me. So all in all it is clearly the lifesaver of this little bundle. As for the boosts... It is "extra defense" for people below 30. It is 2% power if you are over 30. I didn't notice a difference there.

All in all I was decently happy with it. I haven't went through and added up what the radar enhancers and colas cost because I would never buy them otherwise. It was nice to have the radar enhancers just to go back and grab stuff out in the open world. I was let down by the fact that it wasn't an account bound thing. So it is 7.99 per character. That alone makes it not worthwhile to me, but it would definitely be awesome for someone brand new to the game. Glad to see Daybreak somewhat helping new players out, for a price of course.
    • Like x 1
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

i see thats the bundle xbox was offering for 0.99$ by mistake i assume and every xbox player was buying it awhile back because of the 2 stabilizers ...
    • Like x 1
  16. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  17. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Thank you for the pictures Britteny.

Sadly that does not seem worth $7.99 (even with the other random stuff it comes with). Which is a shame because I have this horrible feeling this is just going to cause the Developers to go, "See, we put stuff on the Marketplace and it doesn't sell well.".

Sigh...oh well. Is what it is. If they put quality stuff on the Marketplace like the Materials, Iconic Emblems, and Iconic styles THAT would sell well...not these "toys".
    • Like x 4
  18. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Shoulda been next months subscription bonus instead.
    • Like x 2
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

we cant see ur 2 bil , u still on 2 bil or ? :p
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

So Have ANY PC Users Gotten this? Also Is it STILL Showing on PS?