Stats Revamp 1.7 - Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I 100% agree.

The hot needs that buff big time on DL and Purification.
    It annoys me how it doesn't even last the entire cooldown either.

And thank you. This exactly what hots are.
    • Like x 1
  2. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

We're 2 for 2 of great suggestions :D
  3. Heart Well-Known Player

Here is the only bug I found that wasn't reported before:
    • Curse:
      • Does not heal after the affected enemy dies differing from what the description says.
  4. spord Developer

Thanks for the report. I am looking into it.
  5. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I'm going to respectfully disagree with both of you. They way Divine Light works now (similar to Live) is actually quite useful. It's strong group 8 man burst is super helpful in stressful situations. A nicely timed AcB into Divine Light can bring a group from 30% to 100% hp. The HoT was just vanilla heals on top that helped a bit. More consistent heals of Divine Light would be the corrupted version with a lower cooldown.

The HoT you are both looking for is already found in AcB, Consume Soul, Benediction, and etc more. Benediction is a bit underrated and super efficient as a HoT, I must say.
  6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I think if CG was updated to a 50% SC, it would be a quality of life fix. Granted, I wonder how much the duration would decrease by.
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

The way Divine Light works now is similar to live????? Are we playing the same game??? On live server Divine Light has a big burst and then a the purification PI heal (28+ ticks) compared to test server where it has a burst and a 6 tick HoT..Saying they are similar couldn't have tasted right coming out of your mouth....
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

So all the other healing SC's (Sorc, Nature, Elec) can be 25-50% and be a necessity, but for Celestial's healing SC to be at 50% SC its a QoL change? CG should be brought down to a 50% SC without a duration loss. It would actually be a compensation for the outrageous power costs Celestial has in comparison to the other healing powers, not to mention it would make it equal in comparison to the other healer power SC's.
  9. Celestial Powers Committed Player

That's the issue, the HoTs are pretty garbage.

Player health has increased exponentially from live yet HoT strength has become weaker, it's to the point where it's burst or bust for most power sets which is why Electric and Celestial somewhat are the best on test.

My test character has 35k health, divine lights HoTs heal for about 300-400s if they don't crit at CR201, the HoT proportions of CS and cCS AcB are marginally better but it's the burst part that's doing all the work. It's even worse for Nature and Sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  10. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Ew, I don't think I even want to know how my own mouth tastes in the early morning. Anyhow, I didn't say Divine Light works EXACTLY the same. But it's almost there. On Live, Divine Light has a big burst tick plus a 5 tick hot which is from the Glyphs. The purification heals are there from incoming enemy attacks which are the weakest heals in the powerset, they're basically tiny vanilla heals. They have an average base heal of 9.7, compared to Divine Light average base heal of 245. Nobody on Live uses Divine Light for its HoT lol, the point of Divine Light is to be the big group burst heal that brings the group back up in HP. It's damn good at that.

According to what is on Test, it's a Burst heal tick with a 5 or 6 tick HoT without the purification small heal. In fact it was already incorporated in the numbers. I don't have a computer with me now to prove this but yeah the purification heal is pointless now.

Compensation? I mean yeah I guess you could say that. I don't disagree with you so I'm not sure why the anger behind the post. It just is a "quality of life" fix because that's what it is....a balance fix.
  11. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Again, read my post above this one. Divine Light is not known for its Hot on Live, it's mainly the burst and the 5 ticks that help.

If you're comparing HoTs between powersets, compare AcB and Co nsume Soul with Sorcerys Circle of Protection and etc. AcB and Consume have always been the main HoTs of the powerset (plus the other combinations, again I'm just talking about the popular ones).

Right now on test, the combined HoTs of AcB and Consume Soul are very similar to CoP for example. CoP has a power cost of 450 for example.

Power issues I can understand. But when it comes to the initial casts, it's identical to the other power costs. But the difference comes in the combos obviously. The combos cost power so I understand.
  12. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Any good Celestial healer knows that DL is a situational HoT that is best to be used. I know plenty who use it as a 3rd HoT, and have other means of making for that big burst. Also to answer your question, you're receiving so much anger from me because your comments irritated me to the point I spilled my first cup of coffee....On that note I won't be responding to you any further because I don't need a forum "vacation" during revamp..
  13. Celestial Powers Committed Player

That comparison isn't really justifiable, AcB and CS have the advantage where they don't punish you for your positioning, CoP does and it punishes you for other peoples movement. CS is only viable for that initial burst tick it's providing, HoTs in general aren't really useful which takes away from many power sets as HoT stacking was a power efficient way to play them, (CoP + Shard / Metab + SG / AcB CS cCS)

All HoT abilities or segments need to be doubled in strength or have their power costs cut in half.
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Hi just dropping by to remind you that removing healing from cursed idol and life drain while in dps role so they hit harder is still a major request, or just a good dps SC, please and thank you :D
    • Like x 4
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Agreed, celestial needs a good SC for dps, and this is by far the best suggestion!
    • Like x 1
  16. Cyro Committed Player

Yea cele doesnt need 4 healing sc, we all know almost everyone uses cg and those that dont use sacrifice
    • Like x 2
  17. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I suggest giving a Sacrifice a DPS component, make it so when a DPS uses it, they kill themselves but end up oneshotting everything at a 12.5m range from them.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Atomic should have that instead and call it nuclear timebomb
    • Like x 2
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

The problem is the hot is weak lol.
    And no the burst on DL is 68-83 with the purification PI and Hot on DL being 2-6 on live servers.
    What is in the guide is an average cumulative heal.
    Some time ago Me and Talve went through every healer power and got the exact base numbers.
    You know I've healed you and quite a few of our mutual tank buddies and I use Divine Light to purify adds and keep the tank topped off. It has never resulted in a messy situation.
    With its strength on live it can be used as a bridge between hot stacking, a purification heal spread, or a burst option in times of trouble. All ways of using it are not an absolute.
    I also use Corrupted Divine Light and on live servers it heals twice on the burst when you are near the damage glyph and has the same strength of Divine Light with a shorter cooldown.
    Only thing that keeps it from being used much is the wind up time.

My problem is that Celestial has ridiculous power costs and ita still very slow and just as vulnerable as before lol.
    IDK if you have a run DWFE on test or TOTDE on test but I have and I can assure you we are not fine when it comes to Power costs. Electric is fine there but not the other healing powers and that's due to huge health pools on players along with weak hots making it a burst or bust meta for healing.
    I'm honestly upset because that hasn't changed out of everything that has changed and it sorely needs to change.
  20. Revafall Well-Known Player

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I've noticed that there's no Unholy power that purifies enemies, which is really sad because I really wanna create a character based on just Unholy powers, is this something that can be looked into?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.