Tides of War Event

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Greenchain, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Let me be absolutely clear, I HATE RUNNING THIS EVENT!!!!

Yeah, yeah its optional, dont have to blah blah blah. Well I need feat points like everyone else.

Of all the seasonals, which each have their own issues and quirks, this is the one that drives me crazy. Why you ask? Here goes :

1. Open World : (Limited area=limited spawn sites) + slow spawn rate (think 15 mutineers) + insane CC from adds with staves (think 10 turrets) + (high number of adds=cant solo if no one happens to be around) = stupid aggravation and complete disgust.

The next closest open world part I dislike is St Patricks day and the worst part of that is I just have a horrible time picking things up in general. Don't know why, but this is just something I suck at after nearly 3 years. I havent put a stopwatch on how long it takes to complete each open world face but Tides "feels" like it takes so much longer. Always seems like a mob killing mutineers and I cant get one or no one is there and none are spawning. The turrets seem to be the opposite problem. Barges are wiped clean or no one is around and it takes like 5 minutes to clear one turret because I have to do one 2-3 times before I can clear it.

2. On Duty : This isnt bad compared to my first year on it where you basically had to have a tank and healer to beat it. May have gone a bit far with the nerf but not complaining. this should be a 3 min run. Tune down the CC from staves, turn up the time to get to the three switches, maybe make it so have to get all three switches twice to beat... Any issues in here are minor compared to open world phase IMO.

Again, this is the only seasonal I dread and tend to blow off once I get the feats and I still have some from last year I didnt finish. This is the only seasonal I can say that about.

PS whats with the no points/title on the one collection????
  2. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

The turret objective is extremely simple. You can easily get counter immunity by blocking and that gives you immunity for long enough to activate the generator (or whatever it is). No need to even kill any adds.

For killing several adds at once, burning is your best friend because it doesn't split. Use an aoe burning applier if you can and the dot will do the rest.
  3. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

^^
    DoT aoe + fastest weap combo, I'm using rifle so my lunge has the fastest dps, though sometimes I use Shuriken mastery when Im troll.

And it's kinda quick for me since I just snipe em/apply a dot and let other players kill the adds, tada shared credit.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

For inside burn ocean master then turn cogs and its over. Extremely easy to do. Ignore turrets and adds. There is no reason to even bother. Ive done multiple runs where i get all 3 cogs myself. Thats sad imo but if 1 person can get all 3 then the timers are fine.

Outside i do as support. Stun or juggle adds and turn the cogs. Use a shield too sometimes. For killing adds i find a boat with the least amount of people and kill em. Pretty simply. I do agree OP with ya on not liking the event. Summer is my least fave outside seasonal. Inside i dont mind.
    • Like x 2
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

This year's open world runs for the summer seasonal have been pretty easy for me so far. Granted, it's been on a villain character so the competition from same-faction players might be a bit less, plus I've timed it well in finding some out-of-the-way spots so I'm sure that factors into things. But even so, I've already gotten the "take down X number of boarders" feat taken care of within three days. What I'm probably going to have trouble with getting is the Full Net feat in the instance, as folks don't seem all that inclined to want to let all the NPCs spawn.

As for weapon choice? Hand Blasters and the Pulse Beam attack have always done well for me in seasonal content. It's quick in taking down targets and you can have a lot more control when compared to something like Dual Pistols or other weapons.
    • Like x 2
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What many people seem to be unaware of (either because they never learnt it in the first place, or simply 'forgot') is that there are plenty of boats out there, most seem to mass around the ones closest to the main boats, haven't started it this year but in previous years, would always head direct for the boats furthest away, specially towards Metro Docks

Yeah, DP is great for crowd control (or general mass annoyance hitting everything within a 270 angle of firing), but for more 'control', simply tap tap tap means less collateral annoyance

Did they reset the "X Boarders" feat? Or do you mean the daily mission? o_O
    Or maybe you meant you had a new character doing, all Six playing characters managed to complete that 2 years ago
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkAya Dedicated Player

1. range, fast weapons like HB/pistols , DoT abilities help a lot with 15 boarders, for generators support role makes it way easier, stuns/shields/CC-breakers are my best friends and yea, boarders spawn rate sux.
    2. 9/10 runs take less than 3 mins, I can hit all 3 consoles by myself though it's not so easy, I found this alert annoying when I run with newbies/pre 30 levels other than that it's just a fast & sweet dps universe online.
    • Like x 2
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Newer character for me. All my previous characters had been heroes, so my villain couldn't use replays for the "boarders" feat or the Full Net feat because they require different NPCs. But like I said, I got the boarder feat done on the third day, so no big deal.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If you are running the Instance with sub-30's, then explain to them what is needed, have only one post-30 character, and the only time any of them have had troubles, is when you get players who don't know what they are doing (and shockingly, that includes high CRs)

Still need the Full Netted feat on four characters (the two healers are the only ones who have that, and they got it when they were sub-20), kinda dread running it this year in fear of getting grouped with "WhamBamSpankYourFam" players
  10. Gimpy Loyal Player

Wait,,,, did I read can't solo the open world ??

If you're below lvl 30 I guess that could be an issue but I've never had a problem doing the OW content solo.

Try going a little slower instead of jumping into the middle of mass confusion.

Start at the end of a ship at work towards the middle going from side to side, take out all of the adds as they respawn so when you go to the next turret there aren't any spawning behind you.
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just checking :D

Took me two years to get that feat simply because wanted to have the feat completed on a certain date (which is why the "Run the Outpost 10 times" won't be completed until next year, have two days left but a few still have the Full Netted feat to complete, and don't want to run the limited risk of getting that completed a day early :p)
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Exactly this: don't start in the middle of the boat, start at either end and work your way down (or up), sometimes you have to take out three or four re-spawning adds per generator, but that's why you take it slow (unless you can one-shot, in which case, you have some other problem with completing it solo)
  13. Greenchain Well-Known Player

Umm no not new. 4 end game toons, my other lowest is 127.

I do start at one end if no one else around. That is the ONLY way I've found to solo but it is still very annoying. I will try out the support role angle. hadnt thought of that.

I do find that the adds will still spawn behind BTW
  14. MastaMind Dedicated Player

With the mission you queue up for the big issue seems to be that people just don't realize they need to hit the computers. So I often am the only one doing this. Having said that it is entirely possible for one person to hit them all, and thus it isn't a big deal. First time I ever ran the instance with no clue of anything I got the beat it in under 4 minutes feat. So that should indicate that it is easy enough.

The open world is definitely annoying, but at least they were generous with the credit for the generators. As usual there were people on day one trying to run up and steal it from me without doing any work (There will always be lazy bums out there), and it has helped me overall because I can focus on just trying to keep the ads off the person turning the cog. I actually aborted running the open world on my alts just because it is such a pain for a healer/troll to do. The only way that I could hit the generators was to use shields. Oddly I had an easier time on a high 40 CR troll then I did with a 109 healer. I believe that I can run both on my main, only the instance on my alts, and I can still obtain all the feats with plenty of extra base items to donate to the league hall.

All in all I am just happy for new stuff regardless of what it is.
  15. Gimpy Loyal Player

If there are adds still spawning behind you when you move to the next turret, you didn't finish doing what I said.

There is a set number of adds spawning after a turret is destroyed or "converted" and another set amount after a generator is destroyed, take those out before moving on to the next turret/generator and life is easier.
    • Like x 1
  16. Saami Loyal Player

I dont like summer seasonal boats. I solved the problem by not doing those quests.
    That is 10min per day, that i can do something more fun.
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I hate these dailies.

The Alert isn't so bad, but when you get to the dailies there's too many players and not enough mulitineers to help. The first multineer add that pops up everyone literally starts running to knock it out.

The only way I found that makes the dailies somewhat tolerable is to get Pistols and spam full auto non-stop, I found it when I used full auto more kills were being credited my way..(which i'll get to in a second)

Another problem with the dailies is that you sometimes attack a Multineer but, you still sometimes don't end up getting credit for it.
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The 4 player event can be frustrating if you have a team of n00bs who can't get through their skull that the key is have one person aggro Ocean Master while 3 fight ads and activate nodes but instead you have one idiot who keeps running in a circle trying to activate nodea themselves always leaving one unattended. This event, with a competent team, can take about 4 minutes give or take. But this isn't half as frustrating as the Swamp Thing event. Trying to explain to people to stop aggroing Swamp Thing to the middle of the floor and to lead him to the gas nodes is like trying to heard cats sometimes.

As for the open world stuff, just venture to the outer boats. Everyone seems to congregate to the same boats but if you venture out more, you'll find a couple unattended.
  19. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I thought this was gonna be about hating on the point system. All parts of this event are easy.

The ONLY thing worth crying about is a HP regen bug some ads seem to have after TWO FREAKING YEARS. Why put these events on test server if your not going to fix bugs? Bugs you knew about!!! ( A symptomatic problem with entire game, ignoring broken/bugged content in favor of other priorities)

Valentine? Has to be the worst, most mechanicly messed up event. I think its that 1 where hit detection is completely screwed for various weapons and powers.

For me none of that even matters cuz the point cost on just the simple base items is beyond stupid. Styles/auras/pets/music players charge whatever the hell you want those should take work to earn. Decorating my lair with x50 sand or blowfish lamps not so much. Who gives a crap?
  20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

For the Alert I type to group
    "Activate all 3 Yellow Toggles after Pushback"
    Thus, almost all alerts end in under 2 minutes; and I see many noobs get the Maritmed feat.