Stats Revamp 1.7 - Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moja Developer

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We will be looking into making some adjustments to the hybrid healing abilities and the distribution of power interactions. No details yet o_O

Soul Well's range is identical to Live.
    • Like x 1
  2. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Are there no updates to Sorcery Healing in this patch?

I honestly think a range increase for Soul Well would be nice, especially since you have removed the interaction where a death of an ad triggers a small burst heal. It would provide consistency... which I'm sure you've heard a lot about now :p.
  3. planetkiller500 Active Player

Well its good say things multiple times so it can take things into effect.
  4. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Thats the problem and why people are mentioning it. One of sorcery's problems is that your heals can fail to reach people. Obstacles can block line of site that is needed. Other times people are just to far away from your soul well and or you(Invocation of renewal). Its basicly a medium range healer with the HoT's.

---------------
    I havent seen this mentioned or talked about but will healers be able to shield 8 peeps? Will they last 12 secs? Something interesting for DPS side which i dont think would even be allowed in revamp. Let me shield every1 and give every1 red soul aura somehow, then every1 would gain the ability to reflect back some incoming damage. I dont use shield+red soul on live as a dps but it sounds fun to try in 4/8man setting. Boon of Souls+Soul Well could be group shield/group red aura when near a well.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Your last paragraph yeah, All shields from all powers will be set to 12 secs. Hitting 8 players I dont think that'll happen, think its still set to 4 ppl. I dont remember reading any changes to that.
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

A suggestion me and Charmed have come up with for additional ranged options is something I've mentioned before, Soul Siphon, bring this healing ability back and have it function to how it did on live, small burst per the number of enemies, give it render distance, let it hit all 8, 1.5CD and 300 power cost. This would massively help the power set among the other suggestions I've provided earlier in the thread.

Another suggestion would be to reduce all four man healing cooldowns to 1.5s, increase the power cost to 350 and keep the healing the same. But for Sorcery keep the cooldown to 3s and add back the power recovery mechanic to the watcher make the power recovery only half the power bar, this again frees up a slot for Sorcery and helps it out even more.

I would really like some insight of whats going on with this power set, it's the worst power set out of the 4 currently and I don't want time to be wasted to trying and experiment with things when communicating with us can really reduce development time
    • Like x 3
  7. Fearless Fury New Player

So they free up a slot for Controllers so they no longer have to throw PoT. Then they screw over the healing side of Sorcery by forcing you to use Offering to give power back to Watcher. Which forces you to give up a slot that would be use for your shield or priority heal. This also creates a problem if you want to use a SC and in turn giving up another slot. There is nothing wrong with Ritualistic Word giving Watcher power back as it does on live. I understand they wanted to make RW give out better heals. I gave an easy solution for that problem. If you have Watcher out then have RW function as it does now on live. If you are running without watcher have RW give increased healing. This would not be a complicated processes at all and done in about 5 lines of code.
  8. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Another concern I have, why are all heals over time weak in the revamp? HoTs should be stronger and potentially heal more than a burst ability because of the delays in receiving the healing, HoTs are supposed to be the preventative measure you take to mitigate as much damage as you can before you need to burst, you have the long cooldown component correct on them but they're all so weak, some of the HoTs desperately need an increase
    • Like x 1
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

That's the exact problem with Soul Well's range. It needs an increase.

And no need to be scared Moja. :p
  10. Moja Developer

Which HoTs are weak in particular? HoTs generally should be giving significantly more total healing than burst heals with the same cost/cast-time/cooldown.
  11. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Shards HoT is ticking for like 200-300s last time I checked and someone else said this to me this is what they were hitting yesterday, this power just overall needs to be buffed, higher burst and HoT with it's cooldown lowered, I don't see the addition of the Bad Karma healing to any of Sorcery's abilities and Shard was the main applier of it. This abilities range also needs to be increased, it feels much lower than it was on the live server

Soul Well is also fairly low, 500 per well, doesn't really feel strong, especially since it lost the burst heals from ads being killed, a third stack or a bigger range will most definitely help especially since it has a 12CD with a very low range

Circle HoT is OK since the strength is fairly modest but the big strength is the tick rate which helps. Losing the healing moving out of it is really hurting it.

The passive healing from the watcher was hitting around the 100s, I don't know how this would ever be useful

This is all at CR201 with roughly 15000 resto.

There are a few in other power sets, would you like me to post those here or in their respective threads?
    • Like x 2
  12. Moja Developer

Posting them here is fine. I'll relay them to the other devs :)
  13. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Nature:

Pheromone duration should be increased to allow for higher pheromone PI healing from Blossom

If a Savage Growth heal variant is being created then it should be a carbon copy of Celestial's Consume Soul except it should be purely HoT

Electric:

Electrogenesis is similar to Soul Well, roughly 500-600 ticks at 15000~ restoration, either we should get a third aura out or the strength should be increased with it targeting the two/three lowest.

Celestial:

Divine Light has HoT which also are fairly weak compared to what they should be due to the loss of the Purify PI as Purify is the same as Bad Karma these HoTs should be increased.

Also I want to say, following Celestial and it's fairly low cooldowns, this should apply to all of the healing abilities, there shouldn't be numerous abilities higher than a 6 second cooldown unless that ability single handily does a bunch of healing as a result of it. Also abilities that are designed to be disadvantages in ranged situations need to have lower cooldowns and to be really strong without draining you dry for power, Sorcery has had this identity for localized healing and many of us don't want to lose it for the power set but these abilities need to be more impactful than abilties that do have the range and positioning advantage.

A some what supplement for the range disadvantages on live was that Golden Soul Aura, that extra crit rate helped make abilities like Circle of Protection much more reliable because the healing was strong yet you'd still require knowledge of how to utilize it to it's best potential.

Also to keep true to the design of Soul Siphon, if you do bring it back, is you and the animation needs to hit those ads for the healing to be applied at whatever distance (Example, say one burst is 6k, two ads two burst of 3.5k, three ads three bursts of 2.6k and then at a certain point cap how low the division goes, this is how it was on live), this makes it so it's rewarding you for your positioning and player ability and stays true to the niche technicalities most of Sorcery's abilities have and gives a way for further ranged healing besides the watcher.
    • Like x 2
  14. planetkiller500 Active Player

What about invocation, does that need anything done to it?
  15. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Receiving a similar treatment to Natures Bloom on test would be nice, an upfront burst with the HoT. Right now IoC just provides 2k HoTs and doubles that if you're under 50% which is nice but you can't really afford to use because your other abilities are really weak and you're stuck in the channel and can't react for additional burst healing for incoming damage.
  16. VioletSorceress Committed Player

At Live server, Soul Siphon with Bad Karma procs is currently second best healing power Sorcery has after Ritualistic Word/Watcher combo.

From my point of view, Circe of Protection and Soul Well havent improved much if at all, Ive stopped using them long ago and dont want to ever touch them if I can.

My Live Server healing LO is: Soul Siphon, Rejuvenate, Ritualistic Word, Offering, Invocation of Renewal, Watcher.
    This is the least range hindered LO for me which is huge issue for Sorcery.

What we currently have on Test server is a lot worst since no other power can function as good as Soul Siphon and Watcher cant be fed from 2 sources but just 1 now.

Ive posted it multiple times in previous threads, Ill say it again:

Soul Well should be pumped to 300 Power cost and everything that can be improved about it should be improved. This includes:
    - Higher damage / healing ticks.
    - Wider ranged
    - Shorter cooldown.

This along with Changing back Circle of Protections' HoTs to stick to players leaving the field and increasing potency of ''on target" healing of Shard of Life and Transmutation or restoring Soul Siphon's healing functionality.
    • Like x 1
  17. planetkiller500 Active Player

Yeah i would love to see cricle heal pepole even if you leave it,with HoTs.
    • Like x 2
  18. Celestial Powers Committed Player

To add to my previous post, I also found that the other HoTs in Celestial are fairly weak;

Admonish c Blight
    Consume Soul, after the burst tick
    c Consume Soul, after the burst tick
  19. SSB Active Player

So no one agrees with having the white orbs from Circle of Protection going to all group members once its used. That one change makes circle the 8-man heal its supposed to be and give it range which Sorcery kinda needs. Circle going live the way it is on test right now is not good at all.
  20. silikyan Well-Known Player

Exactlyo_O

Show us some love.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.