Stats Revamp 1.7 - Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyrometers Active Player

In my opinion the dps side of fire is one of the best ,the tank side was good then nerfs to the burning determination I was like ok it was pretty OP. Then nerfs to the passive I thought why? Ok my health is jumping up and down I blocked big attacks and keep up my fire soul going ."Devs" hey lets nerf the heals of burning determination again and buff burnout heal by a small margin so we can say we buffed another heal.
  2. L T Devoted Player

Messed around with Fire DPS this weekend. Overall, it's in pretty good shape.

A few issues:
    Fireburst seems very awkward to use. The cooldown meams you cant just spam it so you have to either alternate other channels or throw in some weapon attacks.
    Also, the formula for channel powers still needs tweaking. Damage is noticably better, but Every rotation I tried it with was a DPS loss vs simpler rotations.

Spontaneous Combustion is really cool, but weak. The damage from each exploration seems too weak for the power cost.

Finally, you're kind of limited with the ways you can inflict burning.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What's that? A shield finally (besides HL iconic shield)? Been wanting that for a long time...ever since I started doing CC bounties and saw Heat Wave put one up....so the code was in the game for a fire Shield bubble....just not for our use.

If that's legit, I might have to get pack on my PC account and try getting on the test server. Only use PS now, but I'd love to see that in action. Been fire since day 1 and am interested in seeing the upcoming changes.

Reinheld
  4. Cyro Committed Player

So i just tanked jfa and i have to say, i am not impressed.

resto - 8653

dom - 7297

Wildfire - heals on average 500 for every burned add. This power is not worth putting on my loadout in my opinion

Bd/sf - both average 2000 which is too low.

Backdraft - average 6000 i'm fine with this

absorb heat - average 4000 and it heals once at the start of the animation. Is this a bug? the add was burning the entire time however i only got one heal from it.

Now i know i speced into health instead of dom and resto and modded health/resto in my mods however the heals still feel abit low in my opinion. After the first boss i tried going all heals 92 in dom and 90 in health and i got wrecked. I could not get up long enough to survive. I had to switch back before the adds were even dead. Now i probably not in the sweet spot of health/heal ratio however i think the heals need a buff. When i didnt have the adds stunned i felt rather squishy and thats with 201 cr, fulled modded, with 250 sp, can you imagine someone that isnt fully geared? it would be a massacre. Fire needs to be buffed. It cant be the worst tank power yet again.

Fatals video
    • Like x 2
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Not liking the SC cost on Eternal flame.
    The healing in doesn't justify the cost. Either buff it up a bit or reduce the cost to 50%.

Reignition is fine.

Ok BD and SF need an increase in healing at the base level.
    You think it could be done soon?
  6. Pyrometers Active Player

Cryo I cant copy your message on PS4 however all I been saying the heals need a buff . I think the heals need a buff because they nerfed the passive by 10% I believe do not quote me on that however burning determination was nerfed twice in heals when its primary and only function is to heal it should not be doing the same heal out as stoke flames that also set people on fire in addition to healing. After we ask why nerf the passive the response was to put in line with the other tank passives well fire tank isn't performing to well, at 1st fire tank was awesome in the revamp .Burning determination made it op but it was nerfed and I was fine with that but wait there's more the passive was then nerfed less healing received and health oh and lets nerf burning determination again . Maybe they thought fire was op because of the fire soul bug where your health kept stacking who knows.
  7. L T Devoted Player

Errr... Eternal Flame *IS* a 50% supercharge. It's very strong still, and seems OK to me.

Reignition is only a single heal, but it's extremely strong. It's like BANG! BACK TO FULL HEALTH. It's pretty good also, but not really as good as eternal flame for the same cost. Please consider adding some smallish additional benefit.

Stoke Flames and Burning Determination are now kind of weak for the power cost. Please consider one of the following:
    • increased base healing
    • decreased cool down
    • make BD a group pick-up again
  8. nossoh New Player

I hate that effect so badly I can't even. "Hey ever'body see how cool I am I LOOK LIKE A FART SET ON FIRE AND I SOUND LIKE A TEA KETTLE"
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Thanks for the catch LT.
    I'm just waking up from a much needed nap lol.

I thought it, wasn't my bad. Gonna have to double check from now on lmao.

I think the base numbers on BD and SD are really low.
    Like I'm doing calculations and it's like single digit kind of low.

Two things should happen to BD and that's the increased healing and group pick up. It can keep a long cooldown as a trade off.

Stoke flames needs a reduced cooldown and heal increase.
    • Like x 1
  10. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

I agree fire tank is being shitted on way to hard. A FIRE!!! TANK WITH A 35%health buff really is this a joke. And the heals are no way self sustaining what??? How a fire tank suppose to tank SM? It's been like 4 nerfs on fire tank side this just ridiculous.
  11. Pyrometers Active Player

The passive went from 65% to 55% maybe buff it back up to 65% And either add an additional use to burning determination that actually helps, buff the the healing ,or bring down the power cost. Bring back the burst heal in stoke flames please .
    • Like x 2
  12. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

Yes I agree all these changes need to be made to make fire tanks viable in Survival Mode cause right now we would get clapped up hard
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

First impressions: I didn't do anything serious, just messed around in new gen with the NGN adds since they hit hard enough to drain your health quickly, and I must say fire needs some work still.

Before I take this into a raid this weekend, my impression from powers such as wildfire and absorb heat were not all that great. Wildfire doesn't heal enough and absorb heat doesn't heal enough for the fact that its a channel, so it's interuptable if you don't have the empowered channeling mod, and you're stuck in that animation and same spot for the duration of the power. Not very appealing as a tank, and certainly wouldn't even be appealing as a dps or in PvP.

Wildfire healing is just bad, not good at al in heavy damage situations, only time I'd see myself using it is in a solo or duo if I want to crank out some extra damage to get through it quicker. It's not raid material.

Backdraft and burning determination seem to be the only viable tank powers in heavy damage situations, especially backdraft, it's the bread and butter of fire tanking right now. Stoke flames is good if you're dealing with a small group of adds or a boss on an easier raid, but I would't rely on that in an SM run, would replace with a shied most likely.

Now if this is the impression I got from dealing with 120 cr raid adds, i can only imagine how much skewed it'll be when I take it in a JFA or US run this weekend.
    • Like x 1
  14. VioletSorceress Committed Player

So Engulf and Earth's Epicenter are the only pulling abilities with no additional effect. No healing proc or PI set up or anything.

Engulf's animation type looks like Im gonna lift enemies into the air rather than pulling them. I think it would be better to replace the hand motion with the ones of Earthen Grip or Ragebringer.

Wildfire in tank role should proc separate healing tick from each enemy that got hit. This could help with tagging multiple adds in scenarios where straight pulling or lunging them might be suicidal.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Feedback: While I found fire enjoyable to play, I don't like how squishy I felt. Ran JFA, modded mainly for dom, split mods on the red and yellow sockets, with 175 points in dom. These are the results:

Health was fluctuating WAY too much for a normal raid like JFAr, had it been elite it would have felt more understandable, but for reg I took way too much damage and felt at the mercy of backdraft and the healer. I'm not sure what fire needs yet, but what's in the video won't cut it.

Maybe speccing into health would be better over dom, I don't know, but in that run I just felt too squishy. As it currently is, I wouldn't take fire into an SM run, which is sad cause it's currently the best tank for SM. What's on test is just hot garbage, pun intended.

General tanking request: Can all tank powers have an ability like atomics subatomic substitution (transfers a portion of incoming damage to the tank from the player with the lowest health in the group, for those that didn't know what it does)? With that asked, if possible can they also put other tanks as top priority? This would help with runs that would require two tanks, which would most likely be elite, cause if enemies in reg are hitting the tanks that hard, elite would be like taking a wrecking ball to the face and two tanks transferring damage between each other would help tremendously in that situation.

Either that ^ or attach it to the main shield for each tank power, so we're not required to use an extra loadout slot for it.
    • Like x 1
  16. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Earths reinforce already does take a portion of damage similar to atomics, at least on live. Its actually quite hilarious if you can get it on 2 earth tanks because it seems brick takes a portion of the shifted damage as well
  17. krytine Loyal Player

Get used to not having the same ecfect as the npc electrics ionic drian bealing side lost its animation just so the final boss in usr uses it its a total rip
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I knew earth did as well, i just didn't know the name so I used atomic. Point remains all tanks should have something like that.
  19. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Totally agree. And prioritizing other tanks would be huge in elite and survival content, especially when it seems (to my limited experience on test) tanks have a hard way of dealing with constant barrage of hard hits.
    • Like x 1
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

Why would a player ever use ionic drain anyways?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.