Dev Discussion Episode 28: War-Torn Village

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrianmoreira New Player

2. adrianmoreira New Player

Place SM OAN and summer event
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

They have already announced SM wont be happening until the stats revamp comes out. So no SM for now.

And not sure where to put this but every time im in the war torn village and queue for 1 of the alerts when i come out it puts me back in the watchtower. Please fix this thanks.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

What's the issue with phasing with this instance? If I'm in War-Torn Village, then queue into another instance, then return to last location, I return to the last location I went to before either EP28 open worlds.

So, let's say I log my alt Alienna, who is located in her main base Black Castle. I teleport to Time Torn Area 51, do the missions there, then go to War-Torn Village and do the missions there. Then I do one of the alerts. When I "Return to last location", I return to Black Castle (specifically next to the teleporter) rather than the village.

This seems awfully strange and I don't understand why or how this happens, as it hasn't happened in open world area previously.
    • Like x 1
  5. CaptainBombus Level 30

Villain tanks are getting their jollies by continuously pulling the bounties until they get too far from their spawn points and reset. This prevented heroes from defeating the Grundy bounty last night and was extremely frustrating. Factions shouldn't be able to interfere with each others gameplay in this way. If something could be done so that the bounties either have more range before resetting themselves or any other solution it would be appreciated.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is intended for now, related to the open world preview. War-Torn is not considered a valid location to return to, so you return to your location previous to it. We expect to be able to improve this in the future.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

That makes sense, but not always the case. Unless Area 51 is the same way, but it's not part of the preview.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

It may make sense but i know many see it as an inconvenience especially when ya think about the people who pay and the people who dont ;) Its not a huge deal tho. Just kind of annoying.
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

I like this area. Its a nice map. Only thing i dont like is the limitations by the invisible barrier. Would have been a lot cooler to have more freedom to fly over the village or into the mist.
    • Like x 1
  10. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I dont know if it was intentional or a side effect of tweaking other AoJ content but after the June 23rd hotfix/summever event patch War Torn Village has been stealth buffed. The ads are hitting much harder and it has really made the experience worse.

You might not care since the preview will be ending soon but those ads give no money which means if you die and repear just a few times you are screwed. You have to either bring garbage loot with you or go run missions when you run out. If your going to let free/premiums preview content let the ads drop money so we can pay for repairs.

But yea the stuff in there hits to hard now. Before those hotfixes you could solo the dailies no prob and even work on 411. Having a buddy to help with 411 was still preferrable but not forced. Now I am dieing and taking to much damage just doing dailies. I duo'ed 411 with a friend and we had some wipes which never happened before.

I can feel the increased damage on my toon but I can also see it in my pet. My pet would never get hurt before. Now just simple 2-3 ads and he often drops to 50%.

If village got buffed on purpose I would vote to revert it. If it was not done on purpose than I would look for what went wrong.
    -------------
    Yesterday i ran around doing village bounties. I was with tons of people but solo and I got credit everytime. Before you had said you fixed getting credit but that was not the case. Now it looks like its actually fixed so good job! If i get to do bounties again i will try as solo healer.
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

I found an issue where too many soldiers were spawning in two locations (ammo area and prisoner area) and fixed that. The rest of the content wasn't adjusted unless some sort of clamping data was changed that I'm unaware of. We'll see how this change feels when it gets through the pipelines and go from there. Soon™
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

I can say i notice no difference in the village. People wanna say it got buffed and they take more dmg now well lets see some #s before and after the hotfix where they claim it got buffed. I did my 411, dailies, and bounties on 2 toons today and everything was the same to me. I didnt even see any extra adds like you're speaking about.
  13. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Don't change it. Nothing needs fixed here at all. If people grew a brain cell and made a group, used stealth, or can be ninja like, then all is fine. But I've had no problems and I'm nature, so that says a lot!
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There were definitely more adds in the ammo area today, but I actually kind of liked that, gives me more motivation to maintain that disguise xD
  15. FuryMY New Player

everything is the same for me since the AOJ episode came out. I also like more adds easy for us to get our 411 kills. I don't know why AbBaNdOn_IGN complain about adds hit too hard for him in there..wait i know bcos he is 188cr thats why..

For me in this game if you run anything without a healer its all about to kill it fast before you get killed.

And pls Devs don't take serious to comment like that just because person was not playing the game right way..or smart way.

Oh one more thing if u can make adds spawn a bit fast after they get kill is much better..trust me it will do more favor to a lot of people in this game if they know how to play.
  16. FuryMY New Player

if you cant make adds spawn fast ..its okay we always figure out a way to get it done anyway.
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

A bug is a bug is a bug. It needed fixing. We can look into adding more adds in a proper method if overall feedback and analysis indicates we need to. :)
    • Like x 1
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

I wanted to edit what i said above but time ran out. I did notice after killing the adds where people go to do their 411 in the village that they for sure respawned faster.
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

To follow up on my previous comment, I'd say add more troopers and stuff, not lieutenants. We already have to spam that salute the moment it comes of cooldown as it is xD
  20. Maxwill Committed Player

Yeah please add more adds or let them spawn very fast, that helps us complete the 411 adds mission.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.