R.I.P.. Adam West

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Jun 10, 2017.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

He did manage to fit one more slide down the bat-pole before he died :(
    • Like x 1
  2. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Nope. IMO West would have laughed himself about that one.
    • Like x 1
  3. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Are you talking about "Batman vs Two-Face" with Shatner voicing Two-Face? Have not read anywhere if West completed his parts on that one. I do hope he did :(
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was actually talking about "Return of The Caped Crusaders", the one that also had Julie Newmar
    • Like x 1
  5. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

And the "vs. Two-Face" one again features Julie Newmar, Burt Ward and Mr. West of course, it's marked as "post-production". Doesn't automatically mean that Adam West was able to do all of his lines already.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6142314/

I really hope he did. The greatest way to go is always when there is that one movie poster that could not be signed with an autograph.
    • Like x 1
  6. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

At least he got his star before he died , R.I.P. my fellow idahodian
    • Like x 2
  7. Caz Active Player

R.I.P Adam West :(
    • Like x 3
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Hadn't heard of that one, will keep an eye out for it
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

Everytime I see another post about it I wanna burst into tears again. My Idol :(
    • Like x 1
  10. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

And look how proud he was,he deserved it ... RIP
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Mr West will forever me remembered through his accomplishments. He will be missed
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  12. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

Hmmm. Decency would dictate that there may should be an Adam West-style Batman costume soon on the marketplace, right? His cowl is probably the best ( 100% Pure West, you know) of all of the Batman headgear and I think people would knock down doors to by such a set.
    • Like x 1
  13. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

My childhood Batman.

Rest in peace sir.
    • Like x 1
  14. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

The inimitable Bill Sienkiewicz created and posted this picture as tribute:

[IMG]

Personally, I used to race home after school to watch reruns of Batman '66 (followed by "the Monkees").
    My love for comic books as a genre, and my fondness for the DC characters and superheroes in general, is all due to that show and Adam West.

I remember my folks letting me stay up late one night to watch "Legends of the Superheroes", and I was tickled about it because I used to watch the live-action "Shazam!" on Saturday mornings at that time as well. I thought I'd dreamt seeing both that and the "Star Wars Holiday Special" until they created this newfangled contraption called the "internet" which all the kids are raving about these days.

(Unrelated, on a side note, while not a childhood idol, I was already a fan of Glenne Headly's work in "Dick Tracy", "2 Days in the Valley", and particularly, "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels", prior to having the fortunate opportunity to have worked with her (though she never knew it, because I'm a professional). I quite enjoyed her company and am saddened by her passing as well.)

May the best batmobile ever forever be the late, great Adam West's chariot in the bat-sky. Turbines to speed.
    • Like x 3
  16. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

"Me" ?? Making his death about you ?
    • Like x 1
  17. Indefatigable Man New Player

I heard this news in game. People gathered at the Bat Signal in Gotham. I thought that was pretty cool. I logged off, went to Netflix and watched the Batman movie. MAN THIS GUY WAS AWESOME. RIP Mr. West.
    • Like x 1
  18. Anothername Well-Known Player

Sad to hear; that man was great :(

Loved his appearance as Supervillain
    [IMG]

Another testimony to the confidence and humor he had.

Normally yes, far too soon. But from everything I know of him I'm pretty sure he would love it ;)
  19. DCUO Post Loyal Player

DC Entertainment has released the unaired Adam West Powerless episode
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1