--NEW Star Sapphire Powerset -------------------- (Unofficial)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Ok click bait, yes? a bit? I don't know, but well with all the bad things/threads going on I thought I bring something nice for a change.

Here is a video I've worked on for a long time and finally finished it and here it is!

With editing help of war of the light 2 trailer and new takes I made, a lot of color correction, masking and rotoscoping I was able to do this. Hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think.

Cheers.
    • Like x 10
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

Good job.

Was always working on the powers specifically and ended up naturally going into a pure "Love" powerset concept. It will be done when the Revamp hits so it fits in the picture. I wouldnt mind Love or the Sapphires as such going in as the 3rd Lantern powerset to complete the missing support role puzzle. Either way, if they ever re-open the works on a new round of powers I hope for healers to get something in that direction.
    • Like x 1
  3. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Thanks!
    Yeah, definitely I'd still like to have the 3rd lantern powerset as healer, either blue/indigo or a violet.
    Really doubt it at this point but one can hope :p
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Good video, My bombshell sapphire would be unique if she had something like this.

And LOL at the Flight movement not included :p
  5. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Thanks, lol yeah I thought it would be a nice touch :p
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive always wondered why the game didnt have every lantern power as a playable power. I wouldnt even care if the abilities were the same, just as long as they were different colors and the ring on your hand was a different color. And if u can do this skymaster then it tells me they could do it in the game. Sell em as skins or something. I would be a blue lantern 2mor if this happened.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Well I only switched colors but yeah i'm sure they would be able to do it. Although to be honest It'd be better if they had their uniqueness just like rage vs HL
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Beyond the inevitable complaints about it turning the game into Lantern Universe Online (which for once would actually be justified if they went that route LOL), my first thought goes to it being a situation where DC is tipping the scales a bit. Even if the interest has waned a bit, DC is still pretty protective of Lantern stuff and the lore in general, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of those times DC stepped in and said, "Nope, can't do it."
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

Funny how in Injustice I can can switch skins to whatever emotional spectrum I want and all they did was change the color of the constructs and effects. Yet DC is sooooooooo protective of it's lore...Blah blah blah

That excuse has sailed

10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Their toys, their rules. DC gets to make those decisions, they don't have to explain them to us if they don't want to and they don't have to make a lick of sense to us. They can even have rules that are somewhat (or completely) contradictory between different games.

I got used to that situation during my time in Star Wars Galaxies and decisions from LucasArts/LucasFilm in regards to the game, so I'm not the least bit surprised to see it happening here. We don't have to like it, but it is a reality we kind of have to accept.
    • Like x 1
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

For sure it would be better. But we know they arent gonna do that. So im saying id settle for the next best thing.
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

Oh I get where you are xoming from and the devs have made statements in regards to this. My point is there is already a game doing just this...so the whole we cant cause DC kinda goes out the window as plausible. We heard that excuse with green aura (got one) with emblems (got them too) I was just showing a game with the DC name that does just this.

Doesnt mean I expect DCUO to do it...but the point still remains.
  13. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

WE WANT BLUE LANTERN POWERS!!!
  14. LT Schmitt Committed Player

While it would be nice, we must remember that blue lanterns are useless by them selves and they need a green lantern by for them to be able to make constructs.
    • Like x 1
  15. Starblast Well-Known Player

Nice work LT Skymaster!

Personally, if they make another Lantern power think it should just be a healing powerset that allows you to pick a color of the remanding Lantern corps. cuz really they all more less are all healing-like and this I think would allow for more sales of auras and all the fun lantern stuff and just be the great idea. i mean. I know we all would ultimately want them to stand alone as powersets but this is a way to just get them all out there, please lantern fans and would be something different yet people would know from your lantern powerset that it was still different from HL and Rage. Oh. and why we have not gotten skins for Impassioned harley, wonder woman, catwoman blows my mind. i mean know we already have several of them but why not more? just throw them in with the DLC or just charge people. and give us a new PVP stage like that is a deathmatch stage in a circle of OAN sciencells, the area of Zamaron where Predator is, and Qward. I mean....something they could easily just throw in. i mean, i'm saying easily as something as a bit of a hasty generalization but this kinda thing would be a fun cool thing they could do to make money, cash grab, whatever, to hold us over till next dlc or overlap or whatever they may be a bit more well received than just time capsules and events.
  16. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Wow really nice video I think your Star Sapphire animations were really cool even if it was just an edit of Hard Light. Personally I think that Star Sapphire or Violet Light would be the best Healer Lantern power. For one the Star Sapphires are gender and faction neutral. I also think that the devs should correct their mistake and give us iconic male Star Sapphire gear. Either give Heart of the Predator a male version or give us something based on John Stewart's Star Sapphire outfit. I would especially like something skimpy but I would be fine with a more conservative outfit like John's. I actually have this idea or making Steve Trevor from Wonder Woman into a Star Sapphire. Plus Injustice like so many other things I mentioned completely shatters the idea of the Star Sapphires being female only because with Hal Jordan's alternate colors he can wield the Star Sapphire power of Violet Light complete with two Star Sapphire colored outfits. I would also add that Injustice actually did things right with Cheetah and gave her a proper British voice actress like how she is in the comics instead of the American one in DCUO.
  17. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Thanks! Yeah that would definitely be a good idea so we get all the emotional spectrum without people complaining too much but satisfying the lantern fans.

Thanks!, It would be cool but I feel we won't get any DLC tied to lanterns in a while :( and I doubt they would go back to change so the heart of the predator gear is gender neutral.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

You're still going on about the Heart of the Predator Stuff? You do realize we have an actual Star Sapphire emblem in-game now and Males can wear it.

So You have two options here, A: Request the John stewart style in the developers thread if you haven't done so already: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ume-styles-you-would-like-to-see-next.278259/ (If It get's implemented in a time capsule then oh well) B: improvise with the gear in-game and the Sapphire Emblem.

And Since Males can techincally wear the Sapphire Emblem, I believe Love could qualify for healing now. So that gives us two options: Indigo or Love.
  19. MariaTenebre Committed Player

Actually I just did that while I would prefer a more skimpy Star Sapphire male outfit and they should have just made Heart of the Predator for both genders anyway I would be fine with them releasing a John Stewart Star Sapphire outfit. Also I think that Love would be the best option for the Lantern Healer power as Indigo is pretty much hero only.
    • Like x 1
  20. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

That's just mean, accurate, but mean.
    • Like x 1