I AM NO MAN'S SIDEKICK, I AM AN AMAZON, I AM HERE TO SAVE MANKIND...THE WONDER WOMAN MOVIE THREAD

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

I don't believe that was a prime reason for the time period change but I can guess it was a factor. I believe it was you who once brought up how little is ever done with WWI, so a not so known setting like that would be quite appealing to any film maker. The Axis powers were far different, not an evil entity just an enemy and would be easier to develop into the movie's premise. The fact that it would separate WW from Cap was just icing on the cake.

I'm not sure they will need to explain anything, seems like he is a back then thing. But it was worked out at least once before, in the Linda Carter show. Season one took place in WWII but then the show got sold to another network which brought it into the 70s for the rest of it's run, both had a Steve Trevor who were father and son. I think the WWII Steve died when the 70s Steve was really young sometime after WW returned home.
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you, didn't know that about the two different Steve's (at least it wasn't like the two different Dick's in "Bewitched" :p )
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Monday was the end of the embargo on the critics.

From the sources I find more credible, it's high marks all around, most giving it an 8 out of 10. The few complaints are with some slight CGI issues and some of the villain monologs being to long.

The story is described as simple and straight forward, nothing complicated or messy, just telling her story. Which is said to be just what was needed.

The acting is being praised with Gal definitely bringing Diana/WW to life in a great way. There is also heavy praise for Director Patty Jenkins, people would like her to do the next Superman movie but a sequel of WW seems to be a for sure thing.
    • Like x 2
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Wonder Woman is getting good reviews.

*sigh of relief* Rejoice my DC brethren.
    • Like x 2
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Glad WB finally got a successful DC live action movie, but still personally don't like it or the actress
  7. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Hmm, that's possibly the first time actually heard her speak, must say, her accent does fit the role perfectly
  9. sirzap Well-Known Player

just saw the movie.

its WONDERful... the hype is real
    • Like x 1
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I agree, I have been hearing all but good things about the WW film. Plus, though I don't exactly use Rotten Tomatoes to decide whether I want to see a film or not but alas there are those that do and as of now WW is...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I'd sooner trust a YouTube reviewer before I trust rotten tomatoes. For example:

Ever since their abysmal rating of the (oscar award winning) Suicide Squad. This is the same website that thinks Sausage Party is thought provoking (and I quote).

Sausage Party is definitely offensive, but backs up its enthusiastic profanity with an impressively high laugh-to-gag ratio -- and a surprisingly thought-provoking storyline.

As a sidenote DC is touting the Rotten Tomatoes review on some of the Wonder Woman advertisements on YouTube. So there's that...

I personally agree with you Aurora, I don't like to let people or websites be the reason that I see or don't see a movie.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

There is one review left I'm waiting on, Nerd Tears. I'm sure he will give it high marks as well, it's the details he will have that I'm looking forward to. Plus his enthusiasm and his suits.
    • Like x 1
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

So far with many reviewers especially comic book fans who had early screenings that gave the WW film good ratings have already thought about the future sequel and like you said, they want the next baddie to be either Circe or Cheetah but there so many to choose from with regards to WW's rogues gallery
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Something that occurred to me: why did Trev stop Diana from saying she was a princess? Back then (and still now), Europe was full of royal families, changing her name to 'Diana Prince' seems like such a stupid American thing to do
  15. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

Circe...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It looks like it's a good bet that Cheetah will be on The Flash next season as a part of the Suicide Squad, with her name being on one of the cell doors in ARGUS. It's said to be an all animal Squad.
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Tell that to the late Kevin Smith
    [IMG]
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    So I caught the midnight showing and hands down the movie was good, not perfect, but good. I won't go into spoilers but to see Wonder Woman finally on the big screen, I cried a little. The reviews were spot on and will definitely buy it on Blu-ray. Hopefully, this is the start of a revamped DCEU and I am all in for a sequel.
    *my reaction*
    [IMG]
    Even though the theater wasn't sold out but only half full, it was a midnight showing and everyone sat to get good viewing seats. Luckily my hubbie and I bought our tickets early and the theater had those sofa reclining chairs which were so relaxing. For those who haven't seen it, I recommend it, you won't be disappointed.

Fellow Amazons! Let us unite the world's people. Lessen man's rages. Overcome them with compassion and love. We are Amazons! We are here to save mankind.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wait, is that woman wearing an Ancient Amazon Noble top? o_O
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Will be catching it tonight, 10:45pm 3D Imax show. The wait is killing me. :(
    • Like x 2