No need to change anything about a Controller. Live is Fine!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FiressDraygen, May 29, 2017.

1. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

So your bragging that you can keep power to a team using colas, supply drops and super?

You and everyone else in this game can do that..lol

That's not special... We had to do that before AM's and weapon mastery... You know before people created their own power..

If you have to rely on those now.. Your doing it wrong...lol

Your right live is fine... If you like boring and being close to useless.

I can Heal and Dps all content we have without a troll... And Tank almost all content without a troll.

So it's not hard to be a troll and you think wasting power and being inefficient with your power makes you look OP or something?

On the upside it shows you know how to drink colas use supply drops and supers... So your ready for revamp because you will do all those and still be out of power thanks to all the Dps with all 300 cost powers spamming and no SP spent on power. It's gonna be great!!!

Not trying to be harsh but the last thing we need is the Devs to think is live is fine... Somewhere in the middle of Live and Revamp would be nice.
    • Like x 5
  2. FiressDraygen Well-Known Player

If all 8 supply drops were being used effectively with people on the mic. That combined with everything else gives people more than enough power.
  3. Isif Committed Player

Yeah, proposed troll is not even as dynamic as live. Yay, no more PoT. Because that was too difficult. All these "Supatrolls" want easy to be easier. Yall crazy.
  4. FiressDraygen Well-Known Player

Half the time dps never use a soda. Well now is a good time in Revamp to start using that in your rotations if all you want to do is spam high tier'd powers non stop.
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You should keep quoting yourself a bunch of times to see how many quotes within quotes you can get.
    • Like x 9
  6. xD25x Dedicated Player

This was overall a poor reflection on how to troll to max potential. It's not hard to keep a bunch of am power regen powers full of power. What really shows here is your below average clipping abilities, lack of tactical awareness, and inability to manage your own power. I saw many wasted stuns that weren't needed as well. Not to mention as stated above you fail to connect on over 50 percent of your weapon masteries. That's beginner level percentages. This is better suited as a video of how not to troll
    • Like x 10
  7. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

The troll role is fine, it's the other roles and powers that are currently making the troll role obsolete. Nothing special on the vid with the exception if I were the tank, I would be pissed.. But I digress. Btw, anomoly is a better troll power than distortion wave for the following reasons:
    1: Quicker cast time for same affect.
    2. Is a heal debuff, so u won't have to swap it out for specific reasons
    3. Lower power cost for same affect
  8. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

No need to play his game. I think he welcomes negative attention as long as it give him views likeYuber. I'm starting to se a trend where these new players want to troll the vets for attention to get their views up like Yuber. Don't fall for it.

Sad truth is these new players do not care what vet have to say. As long as their top CR it doesn't matter how they got there right or wrong. That just the way it is now
    • Like x 1
  9. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Went u kick i invite them back
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

This thread is pure gold. This kid talks in trade chat 24 7 how hes the best troll ever. Makes a thread saying all feedback welcome, gets negative feedback then says haters gonna hate! LMAO. Too much. In all seriousness if you need all those things to keep a group of 192 AM regening powered, you're definitely not the best or even close to anything resembling that. Keep quoting yourself though its hilarious!
    • Like x 9
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

You just replied to yourself......
    • Like x 9
  12. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

#Exposed #ItsaRoughTime
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Arathian Level 30

I'd like to respectfully disagree. While everything on Test is tentative and always prone to change. I already find the Controller role on Test much more "dynamic" than what is currently as live, which in my opinion is the epitome of static gameplay.

Other support roles (Tank and Healer) have key differences in gameplay between each power respectively, even though at the end of the day, they are all doing the same thing. For example, each healer power is mechanically different and provides different bonuses to the group (Nature HoTs and Harvest CC, versus Electricity burst and Bio-Cap safety net, etc) and again it is the same story for Tanks, each power prioritizes stats in a different order and each play radically different from one another.

But when we get to Controllers, I find the dynamism to dissipate. Currently on live, every controller must run on their loadout: PoT, Power Dump, Defense Debuff, Group Shield. That leaves two spots in your loadout (which depending on the content goes down to one due to the need of a healing debuff) In my opinion Controlling is static because there is no room for choice, creativity of gameplay, and player individuality, and it doesn't matter which power you are, your loadout is going to have those four abilities which all mechanically play the same. (Minus Gadget's lack of a group shield)

Stats revamp is proposing a new meta where Controllers have the ability to freely customize their loadout and be unique from one another, an era where their job first and foremost is to control (and debuff), instead of being a glorified battery that gets out-controlled by a Nature healer. DPS are in charge of their own power, as Cold Fusion said: if DPS run all high-cost abilities and don't invest in power, the controller is not at fault under any circumstance

People are afraid of change, I get that, but really think about how fun it would be to be able to brag about something that actually shows you have skill. Like showing off your unique loadout and rotation, and never before seen SP allocation decision-making. As opposed to "Look, I'm doing exactly what you're doing, but faster!"

And of course, as I said, everything on test is tentative and most definitely prone to change. If something that is happening over there concerns you, Hop and test and give it a whirl, and if you still don't like it, leave substantial feedback with the Why and How. They are actually listening to feedback on this venture... for once.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

This was categorically not a good display of efficient trolling, I'm sorry but that is my opinion.
    • Like x 6
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Everyone cant play like us though.
  16. Isif Committed Player

So this New troll is head and shoulders above Live troll because PoT autopilot frees you up to...fill in the blank... Yep. This is my problem because there is really no answer. I've seen many good proposals ignored as to how to handle this new "freedom." So he doesn't troll like you, big deal.
  17. hoaxone Committed Player

Well.....
    Bet this thread didn't go as plan for the op..
    • Like x 3
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Click bait. WooooOooooOo
    • Like x 3
  19. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

The real issue is that Trolls are an unnatural fusion of every Utility Class from other MMOs, without any of the open world abilities Utility classes usually have in other games. Tanks, DPS/DD, and Healer fill the "Holy Triangle" exactly as they do in other games but Trolls are left to pick up the slack of CC, Buff, De-buff, and Power Regen which are usually split amongst different classes in other games. It would seem that Trollers have to also be able to be engaged in combat and remembering to use both Weapon AM and Power AM to be considered effective and efficient while not running out of power themselves...all without going insane.
    • Like x 2
  20. FiressDraygen Well-Known Player

Its funny how nobody realizes that i am using shields and Quantum tunneling all the time. And i STILL was able to do everything else just fine. Most controllers struggle so hard its cringing. They cant even keep up with a healers power lol. Again, you are all haters. No worries. Ill continue to prove everyone wrong after Revamp and also on Live currently. I could have a raid of 7 healers spamming and still keep up.