New vendor prices?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dr Nastiobous, May 27, 2017.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

I spent more when we had quarterly dlc. When the prices were reasonable. When i knew i didnt need to use replays to get all my gear and have time to enjoy it but i wanted to. When raid gear and vendor gear were the same IL with different styles with raid gear only having slightly bettet stats but could be nullified with mods and SP. Now its an insane vendor grind and because CR is king they intentionally made Vendor gear have a higher IL. JOKE.
    • Like x 2
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

The way i look at spending money here is do i want to support the game. I feel by subbing im pretty much already doing that. They have a product i enjoy for entertainment so i pay for it. If the product keeps getting better or even stays the same and i still enjoy it and have fun then i want to spend more money to support it. And i definitely have over the 4 years ive played.

Not wanting to spend more for me happens when there is less engagement. I personally want content that is interesting, makes me use my head a little, and keeps me on my toes. Content does not need to be crazy hard for those things to happen. Also when items or rewards that i got ingame before by just subbing now cost extra. And then those items/rewards are linked to progression. Because in the past i got those things just by subbing. Now i gotta pay extra for em? Good solid content, good story, fun combat will always draw people into a game and keep people playing it ;)

Im totally cool with the micortransaction stuff. Styles and stuff like that. But they cannot be linked to progression. Progression should happen by playing the game/running the content. Progression should have nothing to do with how much money i have. When that happens there is no longer an even playing field. Atm i am deciding whether to even sub and play the AoJ dlc. So all of this has had the opposite affect on me. And i know im not the only one ;)
    • Like x 3
  3. Dr Nastiobous Well-Known Player

If what you all say is true then the end of DCUO is not that far, end of 2018? Don't they have a contract through then? It makes me very sad, I guess time to start looking because this wait between episodes may well finnish the game for many.
  4. Saami Loyal Player

You're*.
    I think that gear cost is too much.
  5. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

A major event is not a DLC because of a far lesser degree of progress...

The DLC before it gives you many levels of CR building and stat building in turn making early days of a DLC feel harder then later days giving you a sense of becoming more powerful.

Then the major event comes along and gives you the same level gear or lower for months and stat clamps you making the time you spent becoming more powerful worthless until the next DLC drops.

This is the core mechanism that makes games like this work...

Honestly what if they said from now on all content will drop style items instead of gear and your stats and CR are permanently set to level 34 but we will continue to release new content... It would cripple this game...

It's fine to have major events and seasonal events as long as it is accompanied with a real DLC or has the same core mechanics of leveling progression and power building perception.
  6. ChillCat Loyal Player

smh....that's a whole lot of typing to basically write the same list but give all the complaints why you don't like it. Events are content and they are (so far) new things to do. How they need to be improved is a different topic altogether.
    • Like x 2
  7. ChillCat Loyal Player

That's a whole lot of rambling but if I try to distill it down to your main point(s), it's this. You believe Events don't count as viable content because a) you don't get a full set of gear that bumps your cr and b) it's free for all. M'kay.

PS - this has been pointed out with others but probably needs repeating. " which what most of us want" is not most of us. Nobody...you, I or anybody else speaks for "most" of the players. You speak for yourself and nobody else.
    • Like x 1
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

This is exactly what I was thinking. If their intentions are to deter replay spammers/make a fast buck, why hurt everyone else in the process?
  9. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Proxystar did the math earlier on the reward thread and it will take Over 7 months to complete DLC associated rewards and feats if you play a single character.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/episode-28-rewards.286977/page-9

I am an old school player, I remember 90% of the progression coming from raids but now it's large events and clamped DLCs allowing level 10 players have access to end game content.

I hate solo and duo type of content and this DLC's open world dailies and weeklies with clamped zones are annoying and overwhelming even for a single character.

It's not possible to run alts. I have already grinded enough to have 4 alts at 192 CR and have little intention of playing this content for more than a month before I drop my subscription to return when something else comes around.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

I don't want to pay for an event be it small or large. I hate clamped content, it diminishes the utility of all my high stats at CR 192 with 314 SP. I don't like to play a solo game and personally will not sub up for another event. It's not worth $15.
  11. Mosquito_1 Well-Known Player

Not spending a dime on any marketplace items or replays until this scheme they have cooked up is disestablished.
  12. Here2Help Devoted Player

I actually can't remember when their license runs out. I remember them announcing that it got renewed like 1-2 years ago but don't really remember the details. Does anyone remember and care to share?
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I think the multiple threads asking for more content kind of backs what most are saying and why people say we and most people.
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Well, from my PoV grinding new marks for over 6 weeks to complete gear is a struggle, content gets boring after few weeks which means no fun and I gotta stop that rutine so the prices suck, a lot. The only reason I was doing that silly AF3 dailies was cool looking Fallen God gear, but the Blackhawks? I'm dried out already... meh, Let the elites race and 'support the game', I think I'm gonna take a backseat and wait for double currency events...
    • Like x 1
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Only events do double currency weekends....dlcs do bonus currency weekends so its just an extra 50% more currency.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I think the Starro event counted as a type of content. There was a duo, alert and a quick raid, a full gear style, OP items and open world content. It was very different from the 10 minutes provided by seasonals and the Anniversary event, which I do not consider "content", especially since they have always been around and differentiated clearly from DLCs. Your views are different, and I respect that.

What you left out from your summary of why many here don't like events (besides virtually 0 end-game progression) is the clamping. That alone takes any kind of sensation of progress or acheivement totally out of the equation. There is no sense of reward for end game players whatsoever. You don't get more powerful, there is no challenge at all.

That said, I personally appreciate events because I like to play a lot of alts, so they give me a chance to level them up much faster. But I agree that we need more DLC content yearly as well, at least if the devs want to keep people subbing. It's hard to even put together a group for UT anymore, people are so sick of it. But I know you agree with that point.
    • Like x 2
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thats not just a excuse though its a viable reason to expect more out of what ppl pay per month/year. Otherwise what was the point in reworking the content setup and doing away with monthly content?
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Someone in discord told me the other day its 2018. The end of 2018. Not sure how accurate that is but i do trust the person who told me. I think u can look it up tho.

Alrighty then talked about replays and removing them. I couldnt agree more. No other MMO i know has replay badges. Ive looked and looked to try and find one and cant. Imo they have been a big problem for a long time. The initial use was to allow players to use them to catch up if they took a break or whatever. That i have no issue with. Allowing players to speed up progression is where the problem lies. We all know this. Of course replay spammers are gonna say differently and try to justify all of it. But like i said above about spending money for progression no longer allows for an even playing field, thats what replays do. No other MMO having them should speak volumes to people. But even when it gets explained and a tad of common sense is needed somehow people still dont get it :confused: So im guessing i will get replies on this telling me im wrong.

Think about this. If they inflate the gear prices to stretch out a dlc and give longevity to content then why have replays? They do the opposite of that. Yes the player still has to run the content but they can run it 5,10, 20 times a day where another player runs it once a week. The issue is obvious. It cant be said we want content to have longevity while also having replays. Its a contradiction of the system. At the very least there should be a cap on how many replays someone can use in a week. Imo that is a good compromise. But we all know it isnt gonna happen. And people will continue to buy thousands of replays to get everything in AoJ even tho u need even more of them now o_O
    • Like x 1
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Shhhhhh they might hear you and flip it back.