Test Discussion Episode 28: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stärnbock Devoted Player

since this is a testing feedback thread, for testers to get feedback from, as a tester my feedback is:
    PRICES ARE WAAAY TO HIGH!!! consider to react on the feedback given by your testers!
    suggestion: lower the prices drastically. +10% from amazon fury gear would be fitting. head: 100 marks.
    • Like x 4
  2. Playah New Player

Just a suggestion, but since you returned to the unique currency per dlc like it was before, please bring back the currency/mark converter option aswell or just come up with more reasonable vendor prices...whichever is your cup of tea.
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

worst thing is: devs may post why they have set the prices so high,
    but they will only defend it, they will not change a thing no matter what...
    • Like x 1
  4. Ekart Committed Player

I thought Spytle will run this game to the ground. Guess I was wrong.

[IMG]

The prices should remain as they we're in AF3. The increase is not justified. Period.
    • Like x 5
  5. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I can't lie when I looked at the prices in this picture I think I threw up a little in my mouth >.< I feel the stress, blurred vision, and nausea coming on from the spam/grind for this mess :'(
    • Like x 4
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

it is like when AF3 gear prices hit test server. the uproar was strong. nothing changed.
    now it will be the same, i guess. that is what i don't like about the whole situation:
    you take your precious time for them, go to test server, look at the new things, get shocked,
    come back to the forum, give feedback, get ignored, things get unchanged to live server, repeat.
    • Like x 4
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

30 pages of negative feedback on time capsules, not a thing changed, our feedback will lead nowhere... :(
    • Like x 3
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Yea i reposted and clarified that and posted pics of the vendor ones. And u can see the collection one listed in my style tab next to the other one. There are 4 helmets. 1 from the open world collection. 3 on the vendor for 250, 300, and 350 marks. The collection one does not count towards the feat. And yes the difference is the tube on the front of the mask. If u have seen all 4 u know 2 look very similar and the other 2 look very similar with very minor differences.
    • Like x 1
  9. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Daybreak need to do free replay day for one day. Where you can continue to get loot each time you play the same raid without replay badges
  10. Arathian Level 30

While DCUO, and any MMORPG is innately grindy, and may be repetitive... there is a balance between giving players a long term goal to reach, and making said goal just blatantly disdainful to pursue.

These prices aren't just too high, they seem straight up out of reach.
    Why should I remain a concurrent and daily player if I'm not rewarded for it? If I don't obtain anything that shows even a semblance of progress after a few days, I'm not encouraged to continue.

I don't want to play this expansion. You are discouraging me, and possibly many other players from even trying to tackle this behemoth
    • Like x 7
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Here's a suggestion.
    Cut out 1/2 the content for 3 Months; and double the rewards.
    Then in 3 Months Make the other 1/2 Relevant with double the rewards.
    By doubling the rewards and decreasing the content it's a wash.
    Then drop the Vendor Prices by about 1/2.
    This will decrease the boredom factor, and the Overwhelm Factor, and actually make this DLC reasonable.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

The Vendor Prices are obscene, end game population is going to thin out much more than before.

This will discourage players from playing alts and due to your decision I am being forced into playing one single character and no more.

At every decision about the direction of this game, I come back and question if I really wish to undergo more torture?

You see, as someone who has been playing this game since its launch, you guys surely make it hard for even the most invested gamers to want to keep playing this game.

With this DLC, you will lose additional revenue form people, playing 6 characters and multiples of support roles meant more replay badges, more resetting SP, more money on Time Capsules and so on and so forth, but, not anymore, since I don't intend to play more than a single character or a single role.

The already dead end game community will find itself with even lesser support roles.

Goo job, Daybreak!
    • Like x 7
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

do devs hate them players so much?
  14. ChillCat Loyal Player

Ok, Folks, let's take a deep breath and try to look at this from a few other angles. I'm not defending these prices per se...but I suspect there's more to the math that hasn't been communicated. For example...

1. If you played the full Starro event, you have the crafting plans for an OP mask, ring and necklace....so no need to grind for those items. If you've saved all your materials(es) and bought extra, you can craft multiples for your main and alts. Scratch those off your mark list.

2. Unless something changes, it's reasonable to expect 3 or more bonus mark weekends between launch and the next major dlc. I make that estimation based on the last 3 content releases

3. Doesn't help atm but in a post revamp world, gear makes up only one part of your performance potential. I say that because the cr boost you get from top tier and OP items won't be as big a help as it will be if you're a well rounded toon, meaning gear+mods+sp+skill. Therefore the race to get the best gear as fast as possible is no longer necessary when compared to cr differential effects

4. OP and elite items might become only necessary for SM leagues. I have no specific information but this trend of costs and grinding seems to be pushing for content longevity; another way of saying the Devs want the content to be played for a very long time. If that's the case, I don't see how you can prioritize completing everything quickly to accommodate the desire for SM runs and have content longevity at the same time. If true, the content difficulty should adjust to players a little short of max. Also if true, I would guess there will be changes to SM and/or Elite in the future.

tl;dr - Unless you're a "must be max for everything before next SM" player, just chill.

Just some thoughts. Again, not justifying or defending the prices. Only saying there's more to the math than just the math you should consider.
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

The only way this game is playable is by Opening Time Capsules for Gear.
  16. B0rys Active Player

5000 marks? 7 mounths to complete DLC 28? Thank you Daybreak, DCUO and Devs but im out.
    • Like x 1
  17. Xibo Loyal Player

Bye.
    • Like x 1
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Devs do not want to have another guy reach the max CR and max SP in only 1 week so the prices are fine to me.
  19. EvilMissD New Player

Not been on this money hungry game in months now. I ATTEMPT to load up the game and the logo before the title screen froze my PS4 system and I had to turn it off lol. Nice work daybreak. Now I remember why I play FF XIV ;)

[IMG]
  20. ChillCat Loyal Player

If your goal is to log in a few times, play what's interesting until you get bored and then leave until the next dlc comes out, these changes are probably not a good fit for you.

What would be a reward change that would get you coming back over and over again?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.