Your DCUO Pet Peeves?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dragon Power, May 24, 2017.

1. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

I'll go first.

I absolutely HATE when people spam weapon and superpowers near me while I'm on the broker.

I mean really, I'm in the middle of a critical number crunching operation and need to keep my volume on to listen for league voice chat and random jerk player "A" decides he's going to test out ALL his weapon combos out next to me, repeat the same combo over and over, then spam fireballs and throw them at me. Oh and he has to absolutely throw in orbital drop and orbit strike trinkets for good measure. Because you can't do that anywhere else? You have the whole watchtower to play in, yet you choose to annoy the people who are doing something important at the broker. Okaaaaayyyy.

:rolleyes:

Your turn
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Before the option to ignore them was put into place, it was blind invitations to groups and/or leagues. Especially when I'd get them in the middle of combat (stopping me dead in my tracks in the process).

Now? Players who (for whatever reason) don't turn off their dueling flags when at or near an interaction point such as a vendor or a teleport pad.
    • Like x 6
  3. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

LoL I always just shake my head at those
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

5. Kharhaz Committed Player

When I decide, hey its 2 in the morning,nobody is here I may as well make sure my combos are right during a raid or whatever, and decide sod it, nobody is here, lets see how it goes, smoothly or not so....

Then somebody somewhere out of nowhere, complains about it.....

Not to me mind, not a word said, but on a forum, at 2 in the morning, that will teach them!
  6. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

People thinking they know a mechanic but they don't. Or try to complete a feat but don't know how.

Fatal exams wind tunnel: oh let's try walking again, again, again, nope, again.... nope...failed. Um do you NOT see me holding block and rolling?
    • Like x 6
  7. IamINC Dedicated Player

People telling me how to tank , where to tank that aren't tanks.

Like I've been tanking since 2011 mate , I get how it works.
    • Like x 6
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Definitely what jelly said. I feel like I'm in the one percent of people who actually understand how the simple mechanics in wind tunnel works. That's why whenever I create an alt that's the first feat I purchase with replay badges.

I also hate when people queue as a certain role but can't actually play the role.

I also hate when lvl 113s try to do UM.
    • Like x 4
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Where to begin ..

1. Players that insist on staying in PvP even while doing PvE missions.... nothing more fun than racing over to click an objective while on a raid and while battling a sub boss and you arrive at the objective the "E" appears and you click and the next thing you see in chat is " You have attempted to challenge (name of team mate) to a duel but duels are not allowed at this time." Or how ever that message goes. We all get it YOU like PvP but do you think you could take a couple minutes to run to HQ and shut it off when you doing PvE content?

2. The crowd that forms at the entrance/exit to safe houses. Exactly which Dev got the bright idea to have everyone warp to that exact same spot when using the teleport system from Lair to Safe house or other safe house to safe house instead of arriving near the safe house telepad which is a much larger area? I've had times where I could not move thanks to the players that warp to the safe house and then use that 10 seconds to run and grab a drink or what ever.. leaving there character like a statue in everyone's way.

3. Zone with daily missions and bounties that have no vendor available that can repair armor. There are only a couple i can think of off the top of my head.. Typhon's Monster Invasion zone and the Metropolis Battle zone (area where you take on Star Sapphires and Orange or Red Lanterns). Still remember the first time I joined a team to battle Doc Lite and half the team died, rezzed on the roof top and ran back to help defeat without repairing because you needed to warp clear back to Mogo to find a repair station. By the time we defeated Doc Lite some of us didn't even have working weapons. Those days are long gone but since the same situation exists in the new Typhon zone OBVIOUSLY the Dev team did not learn its lesson from the first time.

4. Bounties that utilize flight and get so high up they become impossible to attack unless you have flight as your travel power OR get lucky with a passing shot with Acrobatics as your travel power.. Forget even trying if you are a speedster. WE GET IT THEY CAN FLY! now you want to impose some sort of a high cap on them so we are not crawling up the sides of buildings, JUMPING as high as we can and taking a shot at them .. hoping it will hit and lure them down where we can attack them. Frequent Culprits include Abra in Central City, Killer frost in Gotham, and not as often but some times the Trickster in Gotham.

Given time I could list more but that's enough for now. HEY YOU ASKED lol
    • Like x 3
  10. lfc09kris Well-Known Player

Where do i begin ;) But for real though the one true pet peeve of mine in this game is people who use Dual Pistols and spam full auto. its like your asking me to kick you :D
    • Like x 4
  11. Kharhaz Committed Player

The game made this a thing not the player. Blame Daybreak. I am not even kidding here, ask any Dual pistol player if they chose that before, they didn't, I used to try every weapon there was, but it got to the point when pistols with earth = fire once and enjoy.

Any earth player with pistol can half *** it.
  12. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

The targeting system. Yes you can toggle between objects and enemies, but way too often it puts priority on some random object or a different enemy off to the side of the enemy that is punching you in the face. Yes game I wanted to drop my orbital on that healing barrel.. :\

More recently, the aggro and attack range of the enemies in the Starro event.
    [IMG]
    I flew right under the Flash statues leg and ended up getting hit about here, I quickly snapped this picture because of how ridiculous I thought it was. :D
    • Like x 4
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

when people ask me if ima girl or boy >.>
  14. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

My biggest DCUO pet peeve is opening my legends tab and seeing that KaiSer007 hasn't been implemented yet.
    • Like x 1
  15. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

The love and foreplay in the beginning that made me feel like a valued customer. Over the years its turned to nothing but crumpled sticky bills left on the bed in the morning, showing no love anymore. No concern for what we used to have or could have in this relationship.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 9
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OK can I add both of those as my #5 and #6? The targeting system in this game really can suck at times. How exactly can I have a couple guys in my face pounding on me and because my ALT happens to be turned a tiny little bit to the right or left I wind up shooting something half way across the room and then.. TWO mobs are attacking me????

and number 6..... We get it the star fish have invaded now can we please at least go 5 feet without having to battle something? Not too bad with my fliers but at times I feel like my Speedster is in a running gun battle from the time I leave the contacts until I complete all the daily missions and get back to turn them in. Good grief.. spread the mobs out a bit and leave a few spaces where we can catch our breath.
    • Like x 4
  17. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Exactly. I do my best to jump off buildings to get around on my speedster, but yeah it can be a pain once you hit street level. Hopefully they can they tweak that a bit next time around though.
  18. zKrystal New Player

Ppl who que up an instance just to afk the whole time lulz
    • Like x 1
  19. Korvyne Committed Player

Players who want something for nothing or no work, as if theyre owed it.
    Trade scammers.
    Beggars.
    • Like x 2
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

The intellectually bankrupt ;) And entitlement.
    • Like x 2