Is there actually a *current* nature dps loadout that's decent?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Nich, May 23, 2017.

1. Nich New Player

I just had a random guy tell me during a raising hades duo to change my loadout when the duo ended and then left straight away. :rolleyes:

Like I get it, my damage output was HALF of his (always going to be half of whoever I get partnered with since I started running the duo), but it's not like I'm standing there just letting him do everything; so what's the deal? I know nature damage sucks at end-game, so why does someone who seems *experienced* rag on someone else dealt with a bad hand..

So it made me wonder if there is a current loadout that nature players use which deals similar damage to the other power types. Is there?

I'm using loadouts (human + primal wolf) that I've researched online which includes this forum, dcuoblogs, and various youtube vids. They're not recently updated but I don't see any that are.

I do fine when going solo so I don't stress about my damage output, and I never use DPS for tier 8 stuff unless it's a duo cause really, do you want me to bring my healer along? o_O I never get in a duo and just let the other person do everything.. and if they hit more than me, is that really my fault? My SP's aren't high so that could play into it too (127), but I'm a new player and I'm still working on those. I'm just a bit confused, any advice from a current nature player would help.
  2. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

You'll have to search the forum for some good loadouts. Generally, decent players only go through the two-tray wolf thing if they're trying to stack as many dots as possible and get the buffs that wolf grants to certain abilities ... so high health, aka raid bosses.

Generally, for at-tier, I have Savage Growth, Vine Lash, Briar, Carnage, Hive Mind, Harvest
    I lunge, SG, VL/Carnage, Briar/Hive/trinket, Harvest, combo/Briar once or twice depending on the combo, combo/Harvest, then go back to combo/Briar and keep repeating from that point, until the two buffs are up again, combo/Briar/Carnage/HM, and follow with a combo/Harvest, to make sure DoTs are ticking at buffed levels.

But, since Nature rarely gets to play real at-tier content as a damager, I've given up on that loadout and do something similar for duos and solos:
    lunge, SG, VL/Hive, Briar/Swarm Shield, Dog, then just spam the two barks back and forth, every so often using the stealth thing. If I need to shield/buff, I come out of dog, Briar/Hive/Shield or VL/Hive/Shield, then back into dog.

• Like x 2
  3. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Using flip slash helps for damage, but in duos, whoever hits first gets the cheese. Like if an earth dps crystal deals 90% damage first hit, then why bother doing your loadout? Just pop sg, maybe a weapon attack, then move on and focus on boss fights.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nich New Player

That was my thinking too so I don't know why he bothered commenting about my loadout. I'm not someone who stresses over being top of the damage list, like honestly idgaf as long as I'm getting my ancient coin and not being a bother to someone. Anyway thanks for the feedback guys, I honestly don't think I have a loadout problem after hearing a bit more feedback from other nature players with exactly the same loadout or just have 1 different power.... so I'm just going to ignore his comment lol.
    • Like x 1
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I use voracious plants instead of the supercharge.
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

since i assume the other one was not one of your friends,
    maybe he was just a player hwo doesn't know how the situation of nature looks like.
    if he would have played electro, then maybe he was right.
    try to use only one loadout in a duo, you cant stack all dots on adds, they die to fast.
    i am staying in wolf form and do swarm with buffs,
    weapon combo (wait a second for the big hit before clipping), then thorn shield...
    well, atm. i guess the only hope for nature is revamp...
    • Like x 1
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

No loadout will help you as a nature dps at this moment. Not in duos, alerts, and/or raids. Not on adds and/or bosses. The dps is terrible. No matter the situation
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

even worse, when asking for a buff (since in dezember, when the whole weapon adjustments was canceled),
    there was allways the respond that they dont give it a fix since stats matters would come out...
    SOON!!! yeah, we all can see how that went for electro and nature, looking at new DLC still without revamp...
  9. siressarchangel Dedicated Player

Unfortunately Nature needs a serious overhaul in regards to DPS. The loadout that Undrline posted is the same one I use. I used to pop in and out of wolf form, but honestly it's just not worth it in solos and duos. Ignore the people who complain as they probably don't realize how bad nature dps is at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Your Nature dual-spec setup in the second video is not ideal. Plus one should use Harvest in solos or duos, as they can CC adds in solos and duos. However, some would use Thorn Burst instead of Harvest for the spreading of dots.

Your healer loadout would be no different from others (eg SG, Metabolism, Harvest, Blossom, Hive Mind, Swarm Shield), as you do not use Cross-Pollination, which is usually used in dedicated Nature Healer Armory setup for Bug Form.
    BUT your dps loadout is lacklustre without Carnage.

Use a single armory setup to do PvE DPS/Heal, PvP DPS/Heal. Set up as below with 3 spare Power Points and 10 spare Skill Points.

Flora: VL,Thorn Burst,SG,Briar,Harvest
    Fauna: Roar,Metabolism,Canine Form,Serpent Call,Gorilla Form,Swarm Shield,Carnage

With the spare points, use for the following below:

PvE DPS: Weapons Expert,Tactical Genius,Swarm/Voracious Plants (depends on your equipment mod setup)
    Use spare skill points to grab following (based on priority): Flip Slash,%Crit Attack Chance/Damage,Precision

Loadout is VL,SG,Briar,Harvest,Carnage,Swarm/VP. Swap Carnage for Canine Form for boss fights. Use Pve breakout trinket to clip animations together eg SG/trinket/Briar or reduce animation time to transition into weapon attacks faster eg VP/trinket followed by flip slash combo.

PvE Heal: Blossom,Hive Mind,Insectoid/Wolf Form
    Use spare skill points to grab following (based on priority): %Crit Heal Chance/Magnitude,Restoration

Loadout is SG,Metabolism,Harvest,Blossom,Hive Mind,Swarm Shield.

PvP DPS: Impaling Thorns(35% finisher) plus any other 2 powers. Depends on personal preference.
    PvP Heal: Same as PvE Heal.
  11. Dr Petros Well-Known Player

To reaffirm what has been said, nature dps, along with electric, is really just a cut below most of the other dps powers in the game. Until daybreak decides to revamp it or something along those lines basically all you can do is keep running your loadout and make sure you have everything modded (dps and tactical mods).

For those trying to be competitive in dps role, my best advice is find a new power for now. Remember your basics, use your trinkets, supply drops, orbitals, and reinforcements.

In the meantime, nature is full of stuns and great crowd controls, so your damage is a bit lower and you finish your solos and duos a bit more slowly? Let the other players worry about that. Nature more than makes up for what its lacking in the dps department with its healer role.