Test Discussion Episode 28: Age of Justice Missions

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackFrost Developer

Hey folks,

Please use this thread to let me know what you think of the Age of Justice Missions.

Note that there's a 'preview' mission which points players who aren't at least CR 186 to the clamped War-Torn Village content, and there's a longer, more detailed mission for players who own the Episode or are Legendary, and who are at least CR 186.

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  2. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
  3. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi there, I have to say the War Torn Village is really nice, great job.

And the Iconic Bounty doesn't give any reward, I killed Solomon Grundy and no reward....

Also the missions for killing Paradox Demon and the 3 Cybernetic Soldiers are weeklies?

I understand that the 411 adds are weeklies.
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

I can speak to the Paradox Demons and the Cybernetic Soldier missions - the Paradox Demons is daily but group difficulty and the Cybernetic Soldier is weekly at group difficulty. We are working on ways to convey that better.
    • Like x 2
  5. Maxwill Committed Player

Feedback

Make Paradox Demon mission a weekly
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

Yes. It gives 8 marks. What I was confused about is that this one is resettable but the 411 isnt even though "Command And Control" is much faster done. Not that its worth it. Expecting this to be raid reset cost which would be a loss of gear and other stuff and 2 marks so resetting raid would still be the better option, however for small gorup players this is a solid alternative.

I didnt saw a mission giver today after clearing it yesterday (others resetted normal) for the paradox tyrant bounty if that is really daily it would be a bug unless you only mean the War-Torn Village bounty.
  7. CHUD Loyal Player

This might sound a bit stupid, but how is a person to get awarded renown for doing any of the missions?? I just started the other day,......seems nice so far,.......just wondering how a person is to build up renown??
  8. Here2Help Devoted Player

Renown is given by defeating bosses in the Elite Raids.
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

All of those are marked as repeatable (paradox daily group mission, 411 weekly solo mission, command and conquer weekly group mission) and function that way internally. Does anyone see them as repeatable? Trying to narrow down what sort of issue we have here as it's not data driven and may be client based.
  10. Elusian Crowd Control

Screenshots of the Quest Hub:

"Command & Conquer" - Questgiver

[IMG]

The 3 Dailies and the Gear Daily

[IMG]

That's all available to me.
  11. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

The fun is gone from doing the missions in open world and the loot/rewards in this game. This latest episode continues the trend.

One of the jobs of a game developer is to make the game fun for everyone so that people play it. There's different levels of fun, and for me, it's being able to get loot, it's why I play games of this kind. There should be different levels of loot in a game in order to add variety to the game. Boss loot. Mission reward loot. Vendor based tier progression loot. Farmed loot (exobits/collections). NPC/trash mob/regular enemy loot. DCUO's got everything down pat, but for some reason, not the last one that I listed.

One of the biggest things for me was that regular enemies in the open world and inside instances used to drop loot (cash, R&D items, base items, green and (sometimes) blue gear). This is what normal MMORPGs do, they are progression based games driven by loot. Now, we have to wait until completing an open world mission or killing a boss in an instance to get any kind of loot. What's so bad about this you say? You're still getting loot, it's just centralized now onto the mission NPC, you say? It's bad because this makes the act of doing an open world mission, not fun, and to be frank, really boring (especially with these new missions where you have to kill 400+ enemies). Alerts and raids are now a monotonous grinding race to get to each boss for any loot (people just ignore the content that the devs worked hard on and just race to the bosses).

When regular/mob enemies don't drop loot, it makes the game feel very monotonous and increases the feeling of the fighting being a grind. Enemies dropping loot helps to "spice" things up. It adds variety to the game, by adding another dynamic layer to the game which entices you to enter battle with the non-boss NPCs around you. There's a level a excitement that you get when you would go into an alert/raid or just fighting in the open world and waiting to see if that regular enemy you just fought would drop an item, and to see what that item would be, even if it was just cash or trash loot, you would keep going, just to see if that next enemy would drop something. By removing loot dropping mobs, it also removes a layer of interactivity and engagement factor from the game. If I'm standing in the open world, and the enemies don't drop loot, and my mission is replay locked, there is literally no reason for me to be attacking any enemies in the area, there is no reason for me to even be in the area, and there is no reason for me to even be logged into the game. It also stifles broker activity and the crafting market in the game. Besides exobits, the only way to get cash and crafting ingredients now, is through the replay locked missions/boss. As a whole, it stifles my character's progression unless I spend more money on replays. This is not an attack on replays. I have accepted replays being in the game and use them on occasion and have found other ways to have fun with the game besides being able to repeat missions, but these latest changes have gone overboard and the game has removed another layer of fun for me, and I'm sure lots of others are feeling the same. But this...this is just not fun and has pushed me to consider dropping my subscription.

• Like x 1
  12. kabeq Well-Known Player

What I would add is that if gear drops were added I could spend more time trying to progress and less time in content for which I receive nothing except gear that I PRAY will give me a complex material (usually my prayers go unanswered).
  13. recoil Committed Player

admittedly the grind is getting old. the open world is nice but even that's a bit drab with the world war 2 theme. it's nice for the people who like classic comics and for about the first month it'll be neat to run through for the historical significance but what we really need is some dynamism in up coming dlcs and open worlds. not everybody uses replays or wants to repeatedly run raids everyday. some duos and solos would be nice for casual gaming, i mean we can see people everyday and listen to them rant and tantrum in the real world who wants to be forced to hear it in game? also there is quite a bit of stuff they could use for future content like oan open worlds and maybe a trigon event or future dlc to flesh out some styles we never got from those.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.