Stats Revamp 1.6: Power!

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I had a problem with the elite affinity bonus on live and hated it because it was bugged but no1 knew lol I never ran that socket.
  2. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

My thoughts haven't changed....

I still don't understand why if it's the trolls main job to give power ... Why do we only have a super and a power dump.... and now pot cast on all powers...

Like other roles we need multiple abilities that give power... 5 or 6 to choose from would be nice...

I know this would require some tweaking of many things but the revamp is supposed to break molds of 1234.... 75% of a trolls play is weapon.. dump power.. weapon... dump power.. weapon dump power... Y'all aren't addressing the main flaw with the control role.

We are seen as a battery and nothing will change that as long as we have even 1 ability to give power to people... The community will only reinforce that idea with the power matters revamp.

I have zero problem with that if we are given a proper range of abilities to be a battery that allows us to have a proper rotation so that things are fun and not spamming one power over and over.
    • Like x 1
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Do we need this new weapon mastery to use cross weapon combos? I want to play hybrid but still use the old "weapon mastery" combos, where you do an attack from another weapon at the end of the combo.
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No.

How do I explain this?

Okay the Weapon Mastery "Trait" is just a boost to your weapon damage that you get from your Stats Tree.

The Weapon Mastery Combos or Cross Weapon Combos still require you to spec into the appropriate weapon tree's.

So no you don't need this Weapon Mastery Stat to activate WM combos, hopefully this makes sense.
    • Like x 1
  5. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

That's the problem. They're shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly by being stubborn.
    To list this:

You have a power cost problem, why?

- Because DPS balance requires high power cost to achieve similar damage since each powerset have slightly difference dot and instant damage strength and range and cc and pi options. Their initial formula for damage did not take into account cast animations well enough, and they didn't take into account heavy clipping powersets.

- The power scale formula for cr vs power cost is wrong by actually promoting taking off gear in certain cases to gain a good amount more of power management for the sake of minimal stat loss. Not to mention that 1-2 pieces of gear can change a person's cr and cause his power cost to increase while his gear is relatively unchanged, which produces a noticeable difference over time.

- Controllers with max vit can only dump a player for 1/3rd to 1/2 of their power cost for the best rotations. Which means a controller can't even maintain 1 dps doing a decent rotation if they aren't using their weapon in a consistent manner even at max stats. Which means you can throw the idea of keeping a raid up in stressful situations that require power by yourself out of the window.

- Because healing balance requires high power cost to increase healing on certain moves to make healing in different situations viable. Because from what I'm hearing, they nerfed the hell out of healing over time which leads to spamming burst moves as well if you actually want to keep people up in a meaningful way and not just "well, you're alive".

- Because they expect us to spec into power without realizing how much of a loss we have in our primary stat for no gain at all. If I lose 100sp in might to even try to see the smallest difference from spec'ing 100 into power, my damage drops off more than what that power management difference can make up for. If healers take points out of restoration and spec into power, that lowers their heals and now people start dying easier.

- Significant escalating skill points requiring up to 175 screwed everything over because it forces a player to only spec for a single stat or to have 385+sp (175 for main stat, 150 for an actually noticeable secondary stat, 60 for crits) and that's excluding weapons. You won't even be able to spec into two stats a meaningful amount as a dps or healer until you have every feat in the game currently, the next dlc, the next major event, and the next 4-6 time capsules pushing the next next dlc. And by adding the 1-10% bonus to the skill points trees to help with escalating skill points, they made it worse.
    190 cr alone - 11681 might (dps)
    might oly mods - 2050 might
    might oly base mods - 1028 might
    total = 14861 (should be 14759, no idea what boost is happening since I have no league hall or anything on this fresh toon)

100sp put in might = 10% might, 568 might
    total now = 16971

I went up 2110 might from 100sp.

175sp put in might = 10% might, 2509 might
    total now = 19107

I went up 2136 might from 75sp.

75sp in power gives 8% power and 1731 power.
    Base power = 31729 (power oly mods included)
    Power with 75sp = 36136

4407 more power and a 100 power cost move is 2618 and a 200 power cost move is 5236. That's losing slightly more than an entire set of might oly mods worth of damage and I can't even cast the lowest power cost move 2 more times in a spam rotation or use a 200 power cost move 1 more time.

Why the hell would I lose that much might and spec into power if I can't even do my rotation significantly longer or put on higher power cost moves. I'm better off screaming at the controller to spam HB dump and supercharge off cooldown than wasting 75sp in power.

Hell there's a better trade off in the mods than the sp,
    205 might compare to 113 might 566 power.

That's a 920 might for 5660 power difference compared to 2000 might for 4000 power. If I'm looking for immediately power I'm better off switching my mods than I am using my sp. I'd be at 37389 power minimum compared to 36136, and I'd have an extra 1100-1200 might as well. If I trade more than 75sp into power, then my might is gonna tank because I'm losing the 10% bonus from might more and more.

Not to mention:
    165 face - 339 might

190 power cost - 2618, 5236, 7854
    180 power cost (face removed) - 2542, 5084, 7626

That's a 150-225 power cost difference PER CAST for 200 and 300 power cost. If I clip a dot with a weapon buff or hit 2 dot's at 300, that's 450 power save right then. For a 12 second cycle, I can do 6 200/300 power cost clips. That's 6*187.5 = 1125 power saved on average + 450 = 1575 power saved every 12 seconds for 339 might. Depending on my rotation, taking off my face would be a better trade off before putting in 75sp in power. I'd rather change my mods and take my face and yell at my troll before spec'ing into power. Those are x5/x6 trade offs between might and power compared to barely a x2 from changing skill points. And that's a decision made by a person with 240 sp, which isn't even under what the average person would have. No dps is going to spec into power when the ratio is that horrible. That's why I asked Moja earlier if we could lower the skill point cap down from 175 to 125 or 150 because it means that power will scale faster into the higher values and I'll have 25-50 more points to put into power while maintaining my maxed out might. Regular dps powers should be spending that secondary stat into prec, while combo based powers can put it into power. Even at 125sp per stat, that's 310sp not including weapons before you max out as a dps as a combo power or as a hybrid. And even after that, combo powers can spec into health or prec if it's like hl or rage, or maybe restoration as atomic if they run proton remedy for sustain. Hybrid dps's can still go into power as a 3rd stat to help with drain or spec into more weapons or health or defense, whatever. Right now, the system they have in place regarding stats is just flat out wrong. And the easiest fix to dealing with this if they don't want to redo the skill point and gear scaling system is just to give controllers more power out by giving them control of pot and increasing the strength of power dumps. They even nerfed the hell out of gadgets battle drone so that's not even a scapegoat if you want to give more power, it's actually weaker than the shielding supercharges.
    • Like x 5
  6. RAbram Level 30

Speaking as someone that plays as a controller most of the time I loved the PASSIVE power over time. It was one less thing for me to worry about in large group missions.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Keep in mind their reasoning on what powers do and how they don't want them to overlap.

You make X power have pot and CC, it will get lower damage or the CC effect will be affected or removed.
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Yeah, because you have soooo much to worry about that can't be programmed because of how simple it is. Not to mention that breakout profiles on adds are horrible last time I saw Penryn/TheDark speak on it to the point to where cc isn't even worth mentioning as a primary job.

9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah I understand you thanks for clarifying that for me. ^^
  10. BumblingB I got better.

They really absolutely NEED to rework the power scaling. They are shooting themselves in the foot since it defeats the purpose of the only form of progression in this game and that is getting higher level gear. It should be linear, not exponential.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

This may be a dumb question, but what exactly is "Play from the Tray"
  12. SkullGang Devoted Player

Using only your powers in your load out.

They still haven't sorted this out ? This has been a problem ever since the revamp went on test.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

If they could actually fix that, all this junk about power would be easier to resolve. Their intention is that at X CR you would have Y SP and Z Mods so you would be much stronger, but it's too powerful. It doesn't account for starting the gear changes. It actually makes you not want to get more gear, there is no point in having power mastery when you can't even use a full rotation.

It needs to scale linearly and independent of anything other than just the gear alone.
    • Like x 1
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

Right now Im encoding some videos with Rage and Electricity playing different Loadouts and playstyles. I'll get those up later in the day but from playing with Rage in Power Mastery felt great. It wasnt a complete struggle like it has been in prior testing.

Breakdown of Spec:
    CR166 and using only 166 Skill Points
    5 SPs in Movement mode
    1 SP in Power Mastery
    20 SPs in Crit Damage
    40 SPs in Crit Chance
    100 SPs in Power Stat

Being Play from the Tray, Power is the Stat and it bears repeating over and over. I feel 100 SPs into a Stat might be the standard and everything extra will just improve it of course so those players with 200+ will be able to spec very well. I'll go more into Specifics on each Power once those videos are done but I'll make a few notes but please note this is from me playing Rage and Electricity.

Power Mastery
    With how I specced, I loved it. My biggest gripe was indeed running out of Power in PftT and it needed a better method of Power Regen and I think this is it. Not of course what I wanted (love you Self Power Heal Ability and yes, I would marry it) but I think this is a step in the right direction for PftT. Its always, in my eyes, been seen as the spiritual successor of Advanced Mechanics and yeah, the Power Mastery certain feels like the Power Regen Mechanic we are use to but I think because I like it here is due to the fact its based on a Stat and not a set number that we cant see like on Live. I haven't tried a Full Might build yet but will try to do so after work to see how it goes.

Weapon Mastery
    I haven't touched this testing since maybe Revamp 1.1 or 1.2 since at the time it wasn't up to snuff. Now there has been a little bit of changes to damage and its Power Return and now we have the Weapon Mastery option. For my test i was using Handblasters and I specced myself in the Brawling and Bow WM combos. Being Weapons Only i wanted to utilize the WM combos because yay fun. Details into that will be in the Electric post I'll make later. Didn't have issues with Power of course and the damage was pleasant and fighting against Artemis was SUUUUUUPER (say it like Frankie in One Piece. Not the Dub, the original Japanese voice lol). She was heavily Crowd Controlled using my combos and didnt get really to hurting me til she was I think about 50% (long night). Of course, sounds OP and certainly feels it so I do feel a change coming there.

Controller Power Over Time
    Please note, I haven't tested this new PoT change so I am only going off what Im reading on paper and adding my opinion on it (all the cool kids seem to be doing it). So changing it from Passive to making it more Active where every Power will activate the PoT kind of feels the same since players will be using Powers so I was for the Passive PoT so I'm okay with this since in my eyes, doesnt really change anything. PoT lasts for 12 seconds so it follows the PI and Buff durations so yeah, I'm okay with it. Now again, the Passive PoT making it Active wasa weird change but Mepps even said why that reason was made so here is that excerpt:

Cant really take it out of context because that is the context. Caused problems most likely on their end so changing it to this should alleviate that. Most likely will get ignored but thats more on those people.

Now with Controller Power Out, DPS should and seems to be in charge of THEIR own Power. Weapons control their own Power Regen, PftT has their own now (as Mepps stats this concept is still a work in progress) and Hybrid does as well with using Weapons. These DPS playstyles are on their own. Their loadouts need to reflect their Power Usage and management. Controllers in the Revamp are having the Power Out be more of a secondary usage and Debuffing and CCing becoming more in the forefront. If i see a DPS complaning about Power, i want to know how they specced, whats their Loadout and rotation. Controller's giving Power Out should always be going to the Tank and Healer and even then, they can use Weapons to help with Power Regen and the Controller is really topping them off. I much rather have the Controller's Instant Power dump more like a rotation and not a constant spam and once I get around to testing my Controller I'll certainly be playing that method. Currently we are testing and if players are having these Power issues and not providing their loadout, stats and spec then you arent really helping (nicely done btw Shark Dental).

The meta is changing and you gotta change with it. Some ideas I've read are pretty decent ideas and wouldnt mind testing it but that's for a Dev to decide to do and even if its possible TO do. So for now, just test with hat we got and give the feedback. Devs, step in the right direction with Play from the Tray.
  15. RAbram Level 30

Here is a crazy idea keep power over time passive and add an ability that charges the groups Super charges over time
  16. Surtur Well-Known Player

This is awesome & I have only tested on the power side (PftT) so far. I can see a difference right away.

CR 116 - 116 SP used

20 SP crits
    40 SP crits
    50 SP power
    5 SP movement
    1 SP power spec

This is my baseline for stats setup with every power testing PftT.

17. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The Power over Time mechanic is now again impacting group members.
    • Like x 1
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION: why is it that i allways die because the soder cola is in cooldown???
    ANSWER: because you are running out of power all the time, so when the cooldown is off, you gona consume the next soder right away
    SOLUTION: give us two new consumables, one that restores 100% power, but no health... and the opposite. cooldowns separated.
  20. Trexlight Devoted Player

It really just sounds like you are wanting to play it your way and disregarding how the Devs intended which of course is the norm, we all dont want to listen to parents lol. Devs said PftT is meant to use the Power Stat so thats the way it should be played and I'll follow that suit. If you are getting 3 Controllers in your group then again, you are diverting from how the Devs intended the Loadouts to be made with regard to Power Usage but thats DPS in a nutshell, all blindly following the false hood that is the Scoreboard.

But we both provide a different aspect of feedback and if I keep being referred to as a "Casual" then I'll be happy with it since they are here and are in a higher population in this game. In the end, we'll just have to agree to disagree as our "playstyles" dont really see eye to eye.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.