Lights out, I'm done for now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, May 6, 2017.

1. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Never understood the speech otw out.
    • Like x 2
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's for the same reason that people leave a goodbye note before taking drastic actions. They want to make the devs (or other people) feel guilty and pause to reflect.

Does it ever do anything in most MMOs? Nope. I've quit a lot of MMOs over the years that were in a lot worse shape than DCUO, like really, really blatant cash grabs. And the forums were on fire with criticism. Now, 2+ years later, they're still going, lol.

But that doesn't mean I'm not happy I left. So, if Fatal feels this is the right move for him, I'm happy. Not gonna change anything as far as the game is concerned. But as far as he is concerned it will, which is a good thing.
  3. Emoney Dedicated Player

Although this is off topic a bit....
    I welcome the changes to tank. At some point we have to ask.. ...why arent there tanks on live? Why do people hate tanking so much? I for one love but hate tanking. I love the role.....but hate how it is implemented in this game and how the community treats players when they do. Specifically as a fire tank, the risk of dying and being humiliated by a raid group...especially in new or challenging content....is quite high and frequent. Its not just from deaths though, but more people try to tell me how to do it, and start arguments over it, far more than any of the other 3 roles. The changes seem to make it less risky, and actually fun, something thats lacked in the role for far too long. Again, from the perspective of a 6 year fire user.

The revamp may turn out to be a flop. Thats always a possibility. But with everything thats gone down over the years, and how inflated our damage has become, this update seems to answer a lot of the issues we have overall. Also, by removing damage boosts to WM....and removing AMs, it will have a positive impact on pvp...specifically duals and open world.

I guess what I was getting at before is this: People like myself, who have been here since 2011, have a huge list of things that we want to see stay or go. Fatal, has stuck it out all this time....has a list of complaints.....but is leaving before the entire game overhaul happens. The devs are addressing issues, but ya gotta give it a chance. In reguards to that though, writing an "I quit" thread because x,y and z while the devs are actively working on x,y and z....seems counterproductive. ...and more for sympathy, attention or validation.
  4. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I like it.

People invest time, money, and their emotions into the game. I spent years and 1000's between mine and my wifes toons. When you are passionate about something and leave, you have every right to post why. The devs probably appreciate it too. Wouldn't you like to know why your customers are leaving? It's basically an exit interview. I appreciate reading these. If you don't, simply skip the thread. I don't understand why people post that they don't care in a thread to be honest. That makes literally ZERO sense.
    • Like x 3
  5. 12AngelOfLife21 Loyal Player

Are they really actively working on x, y, and z though lol? Like I said, you are in for a very rude awakening when this revamp goes live without some very serious changes to its current state. It's a bandaid now and nothing more and doesn't address the real deeper issues with the core of this game. I saw some of the changes to tanking and, really, tanks are getting the best bit of the revamp while other roles are getting screwed. Fire tanks seem to be getting a few pretty sizable buffs compared to the losses everyone else will be dealing with. That's good for them and all, but it won't really do much for the overall community.
    • Like x 1
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I've spent more time in DCUO than most and when I stopped playing I just left. Devs know why their game is loosing customers.
    Never said I Don't care, said I Don't understand. Guess any opinion that's not your make zero sense. I can say posting before you stop playing make zero sense, but I understand what a forum is
    • Like x 1
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Well spoken, as always.

I hope that the revamp, Water Powers and the JSA content are good enough to bring you back sooner rather than later.
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Honestly fatal once you start playing other games to won't miss D.C. Really you'll miss the friends and team work but when I left I've played a lot more games then I had the past 5 years I left D.C. For another mmo but there is no pressure for progression in that game drop gear isn't that much better thancrafted you play at your own pace and thus far there's no pay to win garbage. It's nice. I came back only twice since I left DC I wanted to fight and beat darkseid and try atomic before I left and I came back for the summer seasonal last year cause it's my fav of the seasonals this year I won't be im content with where I left

Enjoy your break!
  9. Riggs Well-Known Player

That perfectly sums up every leaving post ever made in every game.
    • Like x 2
  10. Pults Loyal Player

a)you need to either be an easy tank power such as ice or atomic if you are mediocre at best
    b)an average and poorly modded healer can carry a group through messy raids, some even take two, an average tank let a lone earth, fire or rage can't
    c)tanks are only useful in raids. Solos, duos, alerts they are mostly not needed, on the other hand trolls and healers are useful in duos and alerts
    d)In PvP tanks (mostly) are useless hence why a lot of players use healing powersets or controller (some of which are "OP")
    e)raids were built around having two tanks, community favored an extra DPS over a second tank, hence more pressure on the lone tank
    Make your pick.

Making tank powersets easier and duller by letting everyone use weapon combos freely removes a certain degree of enemy prediction and figuring out what is safe to use and when to use. With fire you need to always be on your toes, with current alteration of it you just cycle your healing abilities and taunts. That's it.

I've had no difficulties with fire once I mastered it, raids in latest episode? Facestomped it with breeze, although some mechanics did interfere with the way fire plays.
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. AutoBot Rage Active Player

13. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

this will keep happening. people and the devs keep saying, tcs are making money. maybe they did to start. but I think not anymore. they have chased many vets off the game. and the casual player, the ones the devs cater to, will not spend money. this gams is slipping off the edge. its a bore. to easy. to little. don't see how they can bring back the glory days of past.
  14. Turkey Active Player

Not a clue in the world about who you are but I guess you will be missed.
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You'll be back. But yea its better to take breaks than keep giving them money. Now i just get legendary every once in awhile to play.
  16. Here2Help Devoted Player

Well, he did say he'll be back, so yeah.
  17. IamINC Dedicated Player

I feel what your are saying , it's a shame another DCUO vet is taking this action , I myself am considering things as well for some of your stated reasons and some of my own personal ones , it's a shame I didn't get to run anything stateside with you.

You are one off a handful of people on the forum whose opinions and posts I both like and respect the majority of the time and I hope this just your frustrations getting the better of you , if you really are stepping away then I wish you good luck and hope to see you back at some point.
    • Like x 2
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Take a long break from the game, and once the stats revamp is done, then come back to make your final decision
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Im almost at this point.
  20. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The revamp won't change the direction the game is going. If anything it will make it worse in terms of how they can monetize it. It already is with TC mods.
    • Like x 2