Stats Revamp 1.6: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spack2k Steadfast Player

still nothing on the Blue Flame visual , also we should get a shield like visual for the new fire shield.
    • Like x 3
  2. Life Caster New Player

3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

After the most recent changes fires damage has been reduced a bit and now its more in line with other powers that are in the target area that we go by.

I tip my hat to the devs for bringing the damage down a tiny bit without nerfing it to the ground like what has always happened in the past. These are the kind of adjustment i like to see. Thumbs up:D

I'll be going over cast time powers soon to see if they got any ninja changes
    • Like x 2
  4. Nemesir Well-Known Player

This statement is from Moja from Stats Revamp: Earth 1.5 Thread on Archive.

In the end, our goal is to have each Tank feel equally effective in difficult content. This means they should be very close mathematically, but may not be exactly the same on paper due to other subjective factors.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

I just hope all developers working on Tanking powers can reconcile both statements from Fire Tank Role update above with this statement from Moja coz both statements seems contradicting to each other.

Devs decided to reduce Fire Tank's Health and Healing bonuses to bring it inline with other Tank passive bonuses thus sacrificing Fire Tank's ability to be equally effective in difficult contents.

Same mistake was done with Atomic Tank when they nerf it down and then toned it up again.
    • Like x 2
  5. Life Caster New Player

That's what am afraid of it needs to be done right the first time
    • Like x 1
  6. Pyrometers Active Player

Maybe have the health buff 65 percent and healing buff 55 percent
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There was simply a math error. At 55%, the effective tankiness of tanks is even.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

And are you guys absolutely 100% sure about this? History tells that almost everytime you changed/nerfed something about Fire, to make it work properly or be on pair with the other Tank powers, did not end well.
    • Like x 2
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ Same goes for Fire DPS.
    Classic Example - Fireburst:
    Does double ticks: Solution = 50% damage per tick
    Fixes double ticks: keeps 50% damage per tick
    It took awhile before this was finally sorted out.

Still no word if Mass Detonation has finally been sorted out.
    My solution: Have a simple table with minimum damage amounts based on CR.

Example:
    Computed hit for 800...if CR = 100 or less then DAMAGE = 800
    Computed hit for 800...if CR = 175 or more then Damage = 8,000

ie...Stats Matter! ;)
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I feel like cast bar abilities much like long combos like Celestial's PcDL are not being threaded fairly and I dont see why their power cost would need to be increased for further damage buff.

Cast bar abilities have long casting time+ additional animation time. On top of that if you get interrupted you wont deal any damage at all but you have wasted time and power. Just the risk of dealing 0 damage should be enough of a reason to increase the damage.

I dont mind Fireburst being prime spammable power as long as it deals proper damage for the extra effort.
    • Like x 5
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We will be re-reviewing channels and cast-time abilities overall. No details yet or anything specific to Fire, but it is on our list.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi all. Things are moving along well with Fire. Here's the latest:

Bugs
    • Absorb Heat:
      • There were a few reports of moving slower when using Absorb Heat vs. other channels. We confirmed it is not slower and is working as other channels are.
    • Fire Soul:
      • We looked into a report that Fire Soul was not lasting as long as it should. We confirmed it is working as intended, and in the cleanest way we can apply this concept right now. Basically, we apply a buff each time you hit a burning enemy, so you're constantly gaining and losing those buffs throughout a fight. We expect players to be able to consistently maintain the half-way target, which results in a 50% defense boost, and we expect skilled players to be able to maintain somewhere between there and the maximum 55% defense boost.
    • Enflame:
      • Players noted it was not advancing the hit counter. This has been fixed.
    • Immolation:
      • Players reported Immolation was not applying the burning PI. The effect here triggers on hit, not on cast, so this is working as intended.
    • Meteor:
      • Players reported you could get Meteor to hit yourself if you get close to a wall, drop it, and wait for it to run into you. Because this isn't something players will run into in normal gameplay, and because a fix would be relatively complicated, no changes are planned here.
    • Visuals:
      • Players reported issues with the proper visuals showing for Engulf, Burning Determination, and Immolation. These have all be fixed.
    General
    • Spammable Abilities:
      • There was much feedback centered around Flame Cascade, Fire Burst, and spammable powers. See today's test server patch notes below. :)
    • Burning Determination:
      • There were a few requests to add extra bonuses to Burning Determination. Doing so would dilute the strength of the heal, which is the primary purpose of the ability. We do not plan to make changes here.
    • Stoke Flames:
      • Some players requested Stoke Flames have the burst heal returned. We are looking for more feedback on this.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Today's test server notes for Fire:

Fire
    • Detonate:
      • Has been converted into a spammer.
      • Reduced power cost to 100, down from 200.
      • Reduced cooldown to 0.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.
      • Now hits targets in an AoE, rather than just one target.
      • Reduced damage.
    • Fire Burst:
      • Has been converted into a heavy hitter.
      • Increased power cost to 400, up from 200.
      • Increased cooldown to 4 seconds, up from 0 seconds.
      • Increased damage.
    • Flame Cascade:
      • Has been converted into a spammer.
      • Reduced power cost to 150, down from 300.
      • Reduced cooldown to 0 seconds, down from 2 seconds.
      • Reduced damage.
      • Removed knockdown.
      • Now deals additional damage to Burning enemies.
    • Engulf, Burning Determination, Immolation:
      • Now correctly show all visuals
    • Like x 4
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

and here I am asking for the Blue Flame visual again :), would be a waste to get rid of it.

-shield visual is not very visible but a good change.
    - stoke flame and reignition do not keep the hit counter for fire soul
    - fire shield can not clip powers, not sure if this is intended,i thought shields are beneficial powers.
    • Like x 4
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

I LIKE THE CHANGES!
    seen nothing yet to complain about ^^
    very well, i am happy with fire right now!
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

the update erased the power cost and cooldown texts for the loadout menu.
    nice to have the upgraded menu, but please, add the powers describtions bacK...
    emediatly!!! thx...
  19. supalova20 Well-Known Player

EXCELLENT CHOICE DEVS....Detonate is awesome.....loadout complete now.....I LOVE HYBRID
    • Like x 1
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

agreed ^^
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.