Lights out, I'm done for now

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, May 6, 2017.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

TL;DR Fatal is saying he's taking a break from the game due to the current state that it's in. Content is no longer hard or entertaining, A number of his friends left due to content being uber easy and PVP being broken. Fatal also mentioned that the Stats-revamp could help out with the game, but it's not gonna stop the paywall direction that it's heading down.
    • Like x 5
  2. saywhaaaaaaaat Well-Known Player

Cheers mate.
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

aaaw now you reminded me of wierd al's :Another one rides the bus XD
    • Like x 2
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

amazing that it was 36 years ago. (I remember watching it as a kid lol)
    • Like x 4
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

whos ggonna keep an eye on the HoD chat with me now?:(
  6. C0de Well-Known Player

Damn Fatal, your thread is perfect to my current feelings on the game. My legendary expired today and I have no interest in renewing it at all. I can't even login to the game anymore as to how boringly repetitive the starro and seasonal events are. I'll be doing the same thing as you and i'll be taking a break for awhile. I don't even know if I'll be playing the new dlc when it comes out, just can't stand looking at this game as it is and watching it degrade before my eyes. I hope you find a decent replacement to get dcuo off your mind long enough for you to get that itch of curiosity to come back. I'm gonna need a couple months of rehab before I'm fit to come back myself.
    • Like x 1
  7. JasonIsley Devoted Player

:oops: Enjoy your vacation. Hopefully you'll have a better game to come back to soon. <3 <3 <3 I'll keep a seat warm for you on hero side.
    • Like x 2
  8. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

YOU are The Master now...
  9. mexmex Dedicated Player

I think it's the wiser way to go, I am close to drop the curtain myself just waiting my sub to expire, after so much love for the game it is so sad to see the game state is in; my lows in the game are far way more than the up:
    UPS
    my friends
    League mates
    The D.C. Universe

DOWNS
    pay to win
    Time capsules
    Easy boring contenT
    My friends and league mates shrinking
    Lack of proper reason to grind
    So so devaluated sp , even stats matter can't fix that
    Cater just for casual and people chasing shiny stuff, Among direction of the game and a lot of other stuff
    The more you spend in this game the more frustrated they will get at the end

Good luck fatal, lets just hope devs turn around their ways, otherwise they will collects their wins and

GAME OVER
    • Like x 3
  10. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I feel the same way. I quit for good though, (wife did as well) and even deleted the game off the ol' hard drive. We left before, for months even, but this time felt different. We left not because of boredom, but because of the blatant cash grabs and $$$ hungry mentality. Glad you see the light and hopefully you find something better. Lurk the forums, it's much better than the game itself.
    • Like x 1
  11. Backblock Well-Known Player

They don't care who quits.
    Its all about the money to them lol
    • Like x 2
  12. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Logging into the forums for the first time in a while to say sorry to see you go. Hopefully you hang around here. I always found your posts pretty insightful, straight to the point & funny. Specifically remember a post in which you referred to Khalon (I think) regarding just loving the game & it's a shame that for the reasons you mentioned your own love for the game has dwindled.

Fwiw, given your point of view tends to be pretty fair, reasoned & on the whole positive, I think (or at least hope) this 1 might resonate wit the powers that be.

You've stated a few reasons why you're leaving. I think maybe what would also be helpful if you mentioned 1 change (stats matters apart) that might persuade you to hang around.

Best of luck
  13. xD25x Dedicated Player

Can I have your stuff?
    • Like x 1
  14. Kharhaz Committed Player

I never thought for a minute I would ever waste a sub and uninstall this game, however Daybreak got me over that little barrier.

2 weeks into my monthly, I deleted every character I had, uninstalled the game and haven't looked back since.

I now have a gaming life! I play Dawn of War 3, Mortal Kombat X, Street Fighter, Witcher 3, Hearthstone, to name just a few, DCUO USED to be great, now, its lifeless.

OP you will move on, DCUO is dead, it needs a new life, and it wont get it. However, you will move on, and find a new lease of life!
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

That said, you don't have anything of value I want or need.

I wish you well in the future
    • Like x 2
  16. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Why would you say your leaving, but will be back later? You basically nullified the only reason anyone would possible care about you not playing the game. Because no matter what they decide, you have already committed to coming back to the game. you have basically made the most useless thread of the day.
    • Like x 3
  17. Isif Committed Player

I don't think you are alone on returning with the revamp. After that, it is probably the final shiz I'll give about DC. But hey, enjoyed your commentaries every morning before work. :D
  18. saywhaaaaaaaat Well-Known Player

Yo, I asked first.
  19. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I am feeling all the same feelz. My sub is up in August. We shall see where I stand then. Have a good break
  20. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Wow. This quit/semi quit actually sucks for me. Sorry to see you go/semi go. I hope for all our sakes the revamp revitalizes the game. I wish you good luck in your gaming and any other ventures in your life. Hopefully the game reclaims some of its luster with the revamp...