The Dark Tower

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, May 3, 2017.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  2. Riggs Well-Known Player

I'm not convinced.

I loved the books, bit strange in places but I loved them all the same.

The trailer looks good and Idris elba is a great actor but too many times now i've seen a great trailer for a movie and it ended up being awful.

I want to like this movie so if I keep my expectations low then i'll be happy if it's a good movie whereas if I hype myself up i'll probably just end up disappointed.

From what I can gather it's a "sequel" to the books and follows on from what happened at the end of the last one with Rolands next go around.

It sounds interesting anyway.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I'm convinced.
    • Like x 2
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Never read the books and hardly know anything about the world it's set in, but I'm loving the look of it. I'll definitely be giving it a watch!
  5. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

Now I have to see Thor Ragnarok and The Dark Tower.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Been waiting for this. Liking what i see so far. Big fan of idris elba.

And when it comes to great trailers but the movie is awful well look at the studio behind the movie, who is directing and writing. Because there is a pattern where some studios put out great trailers but the movie sucks. Also sometimes a trailer doesnt look so great but the movie is fantastic. It works both ways. I wait to see the movie and judge it instead of judging it based off a 2min trailer ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

The didgimon called, give us back our plot line,

.. other than that, looks OK ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

9. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

I will remain optimistic about this one. The casting looks solid in spite of certain changes and I can't imagine anybody else playing Walter or Roland now. I can only hope the filmmakers can do justice to a series that I started reading when I was thirteen and finished when I was forty.......
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Hell to the yeah!
  11. Riggs Well-Known Player

Digimon created in 1997.

Dark Tower created in 1982.

Who's plot line?
    • Like x 2
  12. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

I knew that was you! Why must you let the green eyed monster of jealousy control you? Why, Mr. Koontz? Why?!?