What needs to happen after revamp hits live

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saint Nutella, May 3, 2017.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Or better yet go to the testing feedback section and provide feedback chances are you're not alone.
    • Like x 3
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

1. Nope, that would be highly abused by the power hoppers. You know how people are saying electricity is"So good" on test? yeah that tells the whole story right there. If electric comes out the best power on test, then people will switch to it and cry for a nerf. You're indirectly causing a problem for the developers if this happens. You make power respec tokens free then you are intitally costing the developers one of their main profits, and that's from people who keep changing everytime something becomes uber OP.

2. Don't see it happening.

3. Don't see it happening, I've even brought it up.

4. Brought up and ignored one too many times, it's iffy.

5. Would like that to happen, but no guarantee.
  3. Vampirebit Well-Known Player

Oh and New Skin Types.
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

The next FOTM power on test now it's Sorcery. If goes on Live without any previous modification, people will change to this power.
  5. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

6. saywhaaaaaaaat Well-Known Player

#whataboutvillains?
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

No way they give out free respec tokens but tbh i agree. I refuse to switch powers after this revamp, thats if im still playing. I will not pay them to switch because they changed the game and made 1 of the powers i play under preform. I find that to be so unacceptable.
    • Like x 1
  8. Saami Loyal Player

Removing scoreboard would be better option imo.
    You could still tell, if some powers are really lacking behind. Not like now when 4million vs 5million dmg in instance is end of the world.
    • Like x 1
  9. saywhaaaaaaaat Well-Known Player

Is this the smell of a fire player getting outdpsed? Lol
  10. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

There's only 5 things that I would want
    1. Heroes and villains merged to create one larger community since there's no real difference between the two in terms of content anymore which Devs already said was impossible not sure how it's impossible but ok.
    2. Drop support of PS3
    3. xbone pc and PS4us ps4eu all merged into one
    4. Won't help this game but take the game model and make a spin off hero game not linked to DC for more creative freedom with content styles and advertising(they could rent ingame signs to actual companies for revenue or do licensing deals with people or companies with ingame styles content or characters for revenue) to insure the game stays profitable and free or cheaper.
    5.beat up whoever thought of the time capsule idea
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

So just because I think that the *concept* of a finisher is cool IF they could get it right rids me of so much credibility that you want to disagree with that point I made without even having a decent argument to back it up? Don't let a simple disagreement allow you to be petty and just cloud what the actual situation is. That point had virtually nothing to do specific to finishers. BTW, I don't recall ever saying that I think *35%* Finishers are good/that what he have in game right now is good. I just said that the concept is good. If they won't remove finishers then I'd like to see them get it right.

Edit: This is assuming that "can't not" was a typo.
    • Like x 1
  12. Balton hero Committed Player

As long as I get a Precision2Might Token for my Celestial toon, I'll be happy. And I mean for everything, my generator mods and my equipment mods.
    • Like x 1
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Well it's the devs fault if they make a power too OP because the whales would switch anyways and you'd think they'd learn from previous mistakes. About people saying that electricity is good on test are you sure they're not just excited because on live it's trash? If they're comparing it to the power on live they'll obviously say it's better and the fact that they can compete makes it look good alone. Sort of biased IMO. What I think should happen is that after players test the powers they should hire professionals to ensure that the revamp is as perfect as it can be.
    • Like x 1
  14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I'm with you on 2, 3 and 4.
    • Like x 1
  15. SasquaT Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    1) for 1st few days people gona test powers i mean real testing always start on live servers .
    2) for next few days people gona masive quit ( all those who dosnt like changes ).
    3) then we gona see many h8 on this forum and at you tube / twitch so we should buy some popcorn .
    4) even if this revamp is the best thing we saw so far all those 1,2,3 gona happend anyway so we should buy more popcorn :)
    5) and when we eat all this popcorn we should sing :
    • Like x 1
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

LOL. We all know what needs to happen after the stat revamp hits live. We just want to ignore that the steps direly needed will be:

1 - Hotfixing the GU coming with the revamp.
    2 - Patching for the more difficult bugs
    3 - "real" balance between Play-from-Tray, Weaponplay and the hybrid opposed to the limited data that was collected on test
    4 - balancing clipping against the "proper" ways of playing as described in 3
    5 - taking care of the one or two or three "odd" powers with a "strange" under- or overperformance
    6 - Daybreak will release Water to hold up one of their promises and steps 1-5 will have to happen again

And then there will be manpower available again to do such things as updating the marketplace. If DCUO still exists by then. We should all know by now that the revamp is not done with hitting the live servers; manpower will be still used on tweaking what they have worked on for so long by now, and despite them having worked on it for so long already. We all know that already. We just need to take a look at recent GUs and factor in that the revamp is way more complicated even.
  17. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Agree, support side is changed as well. The revamped play styles may not longer suit the players. Maybe people don't want to always battletank, or they don't prefer the sweeping changes to troll. I rather these type of league mates or friends find something salvaging maybe with another power class then leaving the game.

Number of players play more than one characyer actively; they may consider more than one power token per account.
  18. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I was sure the OP would have something sprinkled in it that a good majority have wanted for a while...
  19. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I love this forum, because if you want everything backwards you got it, if you want competition out shined you got it, if you want one shot in pvp you got it, it seems by reading the responses lately no one cares about how repetitive this actual move is, but yet want pvp fix?

I know people have they differences, but you mean to tell me out of everyone in this forum I'm the only one who mentions the obvious repetitive 35% finishers?

Mind blown
  20. Mazahs Loyal Player

I find these statements funny and sad at the same time. Sad part: how afraid you are of your power ending up broken and your desire tojump to whichever one isn't. While this whole revamp is "supposed" to be balanced and to use the devs term of "viable" in 3 different play styles many of us think it won't. Shows exactly how much trust we have in these fine folks reworking the powers.

This is the one that made me chuckle You should be advocating for your power to ensure it doesn't get broken I've been electricity on 1 toon since Lightning Strikes dropped, and seen the OK, the Meh and the WTF! is wrong with this power times. We've been doing that on test and it's once again starting to fall behind. Good job Dev team You are now at strike 2...