Stats Revamp 1.6: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes, i notice that too. But still, like Jacob said. It looks awkward (besides awfull). Would be way better to be something like Ragebringer or I.Storm.
    • Like x 1
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

In theory fist slam and flash point works great but take it into a raid and fist slam and flash point become a damage loss for the simple fact that the aoe size for these abilities is terrible.

Everyone just sees high damage at the dummies but doesn't account for actual usability. With the decreased weapon and melee power AoE size these type of things are only good in a few select places. If you have a boss you can melee sure fist and flash will be great but when fighting adds those things aren't to good.

I just ran oly and there were times i was fighting only 2 adds but they were just a tad to far apart and i couldn't hit both of them. Then after second boss i switched to solar flame and my second burst power for a long range aoe power and even though those things do less damage i was doing more damage simply cause i was able to hit everything. Such small aoe sizes on things have really killed melee dps.

Don't worry first slam wont be the new meta lol. I don't like it either its a awkward combo
    • Like x 2
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm measuring the damage radius for Flashpoint at 7 meters. That's a bit larger than the 5 meter radius on 'Splosion.

For solo/duo content, I was using Backdraft to do a 360 degree mid-range pull and then following that up with Fist Slam + Flashpoint. That was good enough to kill most mob NPCs in one combo.

Yeah, Flashpoint and sometimes Inferno are a pain to use in raiding situations. That is especially true if the tank is constantly running through hallways toward the next boss fight. If you have one of those "we'll kill one mob group at a time" type tanks, it works out better. For relatively stationary bosses, you can get away with that Fist Slam combo. For more mobile situations, I'd stick with Solar Flare. It all just depends on the situation and what you can get away with.

I do have to say that trying to do Fire melee damage is much easier than doing Munitions melee.
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So it seems like Engulf the ranged pull suffers from the decreased cone width that some other abilities suffer from. Abilities that are important like a pull should not have this issue, that cannot be stressed enough.

I did notice the cone width wasn't as bad as it previously was so either Engulf uses a different cone profile or they were slightly changed. I'm gonna go back and check on some other abilities and see if things were adjusted a bit.
    • Like x 1
  5. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Wasn't able to hop on Test Server due to real life chores. How's the Tanking aspect of Fire at this phase of Stats Revamp guys compared to other tank powers? Can Fire Tank hold its own on those end-game contents?

Thanks guys.
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

About the range on splosion vs flash i think all melee power ranges should be normalized at the 7 meter mark. Any smaller then that and the abilities really start to suffer.

Me personally will only be using melee type things in very few situation cause the ranges are just to small and even with a atomic tank in oly standing still i was still missing a good portion of the adds that were grouped up and that was tanking my dps.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Also i think Spontaneous combustion should be changed to a 3 second cooldown, having it a 6 second makes it pretty unusable. When changes are made and the damage goes down on some abilities fire will need another good ranged 300 or 200 power cost ability.
    • Like x 2
  8. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

A couple of additional videos:

Typhon's Monster Invasion
    Not much new here, it's just additional gameplay footage from the same build I had before.

Tank Pull & Shield
    I agree with others that the pull animation is odd... same with the shield. They both look like old fire animations, but the effect on adds is like the pulls from other powers (that actually look like pulls). For shielding, maybe Immolation's FX could be a slower version of EternalFlame?
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I have been playing fire from day 1. I didn't feel the need to spell out exactly how to play by using specific moves at specific time while out of block or take advantage of immunities. I figured most tanks would know what I was getting at.

First thing immunities were introduced as a crutch for players who couldn't adapt in pvp and complained to th devs about it. It was cancer to the game in the long run imo. Once those mechanics were brought into pve it completely changed how we played and how bosses were designed. It now became a race for immunity , loads of one shots, turtling until you had that window of opportunity to rebuff or self or if you are good at reading animations attack with weapon combos quickly ,pop a power and return to block.

Secondly , tanks are the front line and for a long time we went from being able to buff up fight the boss , block to mitigate heavy damage and back to actually fighting the boss to now taking so much damage all the time that blocking is used more than actually attacking. Fire was only better at turtling because of Maths having it at higher effective health while blocking. Blocking was the only way that it could realistically survive some boss fights.

Third, part of Daybreak's(formerly SOE) push for this MMO was it's combat system that was new for the genre. It is a design flaw to make a class that's primary job is to not use the combat system. Every class should be able to leverage everything in game in a meaningful way. What's the point of making me choose a weapon and then later telling us" Well that weapon you chose, it's mostly a stat stick while you tank. You can use it here and there ,but if you use it at the wrong time you'll probably die. Have fun!". Anyone who has played this game from the beginning can see that Stats matter has become " return the game play to some semblance of what it was when it launched ". I think many will agree that is when it was at is most fun. It had flaws but there was a system with a clear direction. Dovetails were a legitimate need, AMs and weapon mastery weren't. They tried to force every class to play like HL, Rage, and Celestial , but that didn't go so well. It looks like this new staff is going back to basics and saying to themselves, "What was needed?". The answer seems to be rules to the powers themselves with regards to cost, utility, animation time, and damage.Things that every other MMO has. As a matter of fact, I think the devs are going above and beyond allowing play from the tray to remain as the most of the powers were never meant to play like that in the first place.

Last, I am not opposed to allowing tanks to turtle . I think every tank should have that option but I don't believe it should be the only way to tank for any power. Just like they are allowing Hybrid, pfftt, weapons only play styles. They should allow for turtle tanks to still be viable and active tanking to be viable.
    • Like x 3
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

is it multi target or only single?
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

ah then it will pull multi adds then. Thank you thats what I was seeking to know.
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

maybe so but its a set forward for Fire after so long.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Made a video comparing the damage of burst abilities to the damage of channeling to further prove that channeling powers need to be buffed

In the video I was specced into full might for both set ups.

Note, one is hybrid, other is PFtT
    • Like x 3
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Awesome vid, just one question, did you try any other channeled powers that are 300 cost to check? Cause I think Fireburst was supposed to be the PftT kind of low cost low damage power anyway for spamming if I remember correctly. Not that I'm disagreeing that channeled powers (and longer weapon combos, and combo powers too, lol) need to be buffed. Just curious.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I tried that and flame cascade, both are 300 but burst trumps cascade due to its mid range. I got the same results with munitions channel abilities as well, they're sub par to the burst.

Edit: I lied, fireburst is actually 200, which is interesting because it blows cascade away.
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, you're totally right. Burst abilities are instant, not vulnerable to interrupt, and do way more damage per second. In fact, lol, just using inferno and spamming engulf (not recommending this, just saying how bad channels are, lol) actually deals more damage than any of the channels, including Mass Detonation which is 300. Of course, just purchased league hall today, and adds in Typhon's die really quick, so I'll have to see the numbers for MD for multiple targets, but it doesn't look good.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

A bug with Meteor:
    I'll post the video tomorrow, it's late. Basically, sometimes, if you throw meteor against the wall but it doesn't get destroyed, and you're nearby when it explodes, it knocks you down and sets you on fire, damaging you. Now maybe that's intended due to user stupidity, lol. But if not, it's a bug.
  18. Cyro Committed Player

Best. Bug. Ever....keep it
  19. Pults Loyal Player

Because it's a flame.. a flame has almost mass or density, let alone properties similar to a rope..
    Having targets pushed to you by a combustion beneath them is plausible.
    • Like x 1
  20. spack2k Steadfast Player

the difference is that the shield visual last for like 3 sec while weapon buff visual for 12 sec.

I would like to be able to keep up the bue flame at all time and with the weapon buff u would be able to do that in both roles
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.