An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I did, but they really didn't say much about DPS, most of it was talking about Tanking. I didn't see much related to new loadouts, and wasn't this whole revamp supposed to give us more options instead of less?
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

There will still be power spam rotations similar to am's but you won't see the huge damage on the one power (Geiger blast/beam)
  3. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

With the changes to APA in the revamp, is it still useful as a power return generator using combos?
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

No it is a weapon buff
  5. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

So are they removing power regen abilities completely? After revamp what will be the easiest way to activate QG Aura or will APA still be useful for that? Also, will there be any reason to slot GBeam or GBlast after revamp, since now it seems only useful with AM. Thanks for the answers btw.
  6. Roomba Dedicated Player

So I can confirm battle tanking is still a thing. With only 3 dps gear I was tedting 11000 might and 3900 dom, and it worked fine (talking about UT alert, no raid yet. It was late, and Im still only 177 cr). Anyway, it felt better than it did before.

I can also confirm that spamming combos with a power only specialty for dps worked fine. My soder would always be off cd before I was out of power.

How's everyone enjoying the new patch?
    • Like x 1
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

I have 2 atomic toons. I ran JFA and US regular raids on both. One has 233 sp and the other has 106.

233 sp: 10 sp into each crit damage, superpowered focused, 100% dom, rest health (11,390 might)

106 sp: 100% sp into crit damage, rest into might (11,912 might)

with only 106 sp and cr 198..i did amazingly well in damage. all that sp into crit damage made my tank pretty beasty. wearing all tank gear can help in JFA and US raids....it appears. i'm going to try my 106 sp build on my 233 build.
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So I was on last night messing around with stuff just to see how it all looked. Mind you I haven't played in months and have no basis for what's good or bad any more damage wise.

But just reading the description of the aura only gives a tank buff with no mention of damage role just what it does in tank role.

Is this aura no longer necessary for damage?

Also noticed atom powered assault is essentially useless in a play from the tray load out.

So from the tray mean no buffs st all for atomic? Just curious

If I were to come back and play dc I can already tell I'd probably only be a tank especially now since it seems tanks are just fine in duos and alerts damage wise. I haven't tested this obviously but I can only assume... am I right ?
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

from my test last night I pretty much play atomic how I've always played it and didn't have any issues tanking or DPS as i always liked the combos better than the 1234 loadout anyway. and I really can't tell much of a difference other than two things
    1) it's much easier to keep aura up in DPS form
    2) I love love love that we don't get countered by adds any longer
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yes my battle tank loadout still performs great I ran both alerts with all DPS and me Battle tanking and i was second on score board on both runs even had to solo the eclipso in the last boss fight same as usual after everyone died
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If you dont mind id like to ask you a couple of questions

First the question i had above about the aura is it just a tank buff now?... does play from the tray not have any buffs on atomic side..as atom powered assault is just a weapon buff for dps...

And for battle tanking ive never really done this.. its something i really wanna do though and ive asked in the past but now its completely different how exactly would you spec for such a thing... i have 257 skill points which when i left was high (249 prior to the 8 free ones)

Just curious how to build this while still being an effective tank but also not a bane on a duo or 4 man group..
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

1) i didn't read any DPS Specifics for the aura but you do seem to hit harder with it i didn't have time to test fully but it feels the same with combos as that's all the aura is for you don't need it at all if playing the bar with out combos.

2)with setting it up most of it is gear related you want enough dom to meet the instance requirements to still be able to pull and the rest is DPS gear as far as skill points that kind of depends on you but I got both of the attack stats crit chance and crit mag then split the difference between health and might power. then it's just your preference if you're getting hit harder than you like change more to health or switch a piece of gear to suit you
    you will want to be in tank role so the aura is a must to make you viable

3) this build works in everything in game except the end game raids but by the next tier they will be doable and the new raids won't be and so on at least until geared
    if you're getting hammered at a part you can always go full tank for a boss (thank you Armories)

trust me if you do this build you will always be an asset I can't count the times I get in an alert and someone says go DPS we don't need a tank and I just ignore them and by the end of the run I have murdered them in damage and when they all die I didn't usually me being the only reason we beat the instance
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

1.) i tested it and to me it felt like there was no difference but i will test again.. the fact that it doesn't even show in the active effects tree anymore in dps stance (i didnt see if it did in tank) made me think that they had removed it completely from a dps perspective and at this point the aura (which i still love the visual and sfx of) basically is pointless being on a dps

Ill test again though to make sure

2.) yeah what you just explained is kind of what i had thought to do but i just felt it was best to ask someone who has experience in this style woudl be best before jumping in head first... if i feel like im more of a benefit in 98% of the content in battle tank mode this could make me wanna come back to the game.... however those time capsule sps still irk me haha

Thanks for the response
    • Like x 1
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I'm sure your right about the aura I had several toons to get armories setup on last night so didn't look at it very closely
    mainly due to Atomic has been my Fav power since it came out and no matter what im doing im always in battle tank spec it's rare that I go full tank or full DPS simply because its makes the best battle role in the game. Celestial is the only one thats even close to it before this update

I'm with you totally on the time capsules nonsense one of the worst things that ever came to the game. its just a ride along from Neverwinter and star trek online brought over by Jackster and im not a fan of them at all I refuse to participate with them going as far as almost never run that instance that even gives you the stabilizers

and anytime buddy glad to help :)
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yeah it wont bother me if the aura isnt useful in dps stance anymore i think it is still cool to have the aura on ...

Whats funny is years ago in a plea for a "physical strength" thread i think on the old forums i came up with an idea of having an aura on a super strength tank where it allowed you to never have to hold block unless it was a big hit that some way the aura kept you from dying and the tank could be more active..... i am pretty sure they never read that thread but when they started saying how atomic was gonna be like that im like THIS will be the only power i ever use again on my main hahaha
    • Like x 1
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

The aura acts as a power interaction for the combos. Combos do more damage with aura active. No actual buff though.
    • Like x 1
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thanks i was just testing it and about to come here and say that i was wrong it does infact do more damage. Do they have that listed that it works as a PI and i just didnt notice?
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Yeah it's in the power description of the combos under power interaction, right before the tank description
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thanks

So I just got my tail handed to me in iceberg lounge

I'm premium and the last dlc I have full gear from is dwf firestorm gear ... penguins bots killed me haha the challenge is definitely back.. goin back to figuring out what works lol
  20. The Anxient Loyal Player

Just have to avoid the small ones in the last boss fight if they get close enough they self destruct.