something wrong with my loadout?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TPtastebad, Apr 28, 2017.

1. TPtastebad Active Player

hi, me again. heh
    So I recently started a mental dps, but I notice my dps isnt as high as it should be
    I'm currently using an Invisible Loadout
    the Invisible slots are Menace, MH, Psych Ren, and MT
    the Dmg slots are TP, PS, PF, MT, Grandeur, and Invisible
    my rotation is start by Invisible, buffs up, then MT
    then depending on my mana I will Grandeur clip with MT again, then just TP, PS, and PF --> MT rotation until invisible is back up.
    I do have weapon mastery, but I'm not sure where to put it in, because when I weapon mastery -> MT, it doesn't deal 10k dmg or anything higher, it doesn't even deal 5k. But, I've watched many youtube videos and that's how it supposed to be done?
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Either pick grandeur or invisible not both. Both powers are the shortcuts for a big pop. The cool downs are the same so there is no reason. Also, you're missing one of your build up powers because you are using grandeur & invisible at the same time.
    Personally, I drop grandeur and use invisible instead because I can stick my supercharges on invisible load out.
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I sent you a PM
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Here is one loadout that works fairly well.

5. Swiftduck Loyal Player

why don't you just use the three mass terror loadout with WM + Grandeur into MT?

all the cool kids are rockin that broken loadout.
  6. Roocck Committed Player

Or just find another game thats not this broken... Everyone has this big dream that it's going to get better... TRASH
  7. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Ok, I spotted your trouble right away. You are not activating your pshyc resonance thus you are not activating your am and you can kiss any damage goodbye. Your loadout is fine but you have to activate. Your resonance when you go into invisibility first then you can go from there. Your loadout is the most complex and will do the most damage but remember if you get knocked out of invisibility before you hit your resonance you will have to wait for the cool down to come off. At this point you may as well stick your thumb in your *** because there isn't much you can do until you get resonance active again.
    Hope that helps.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Anxient Loyal Player

Almost everything you said is wrong. Invisibility has a slightly longer cooldown than grandeur. He's not missing a resonance builder. He's not using resonance at all.
    To op don't worry about wm unless you're wanting to cheese.
    • Like x 1
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You're trying to split hairs. I saw 4 powers & two short cuts so & said he was missing something.
    Don't worry you little panties off. I gave him a viable loadout that works and he likes.

As far as the cool down being different. Yes they are but not enough for a new player to worry about or to override the usefulness of having an invisibility loadout for someone that might want to use their SC.

Also considering that the AM's are about to get dropped. Who really gives a Flying farkle.
    You're just trying to instigate an argument.

Halve an awesome day with the glass 1/2 full outlook.
    • Like x 1
  10. TPtastebad Active Player

oh yea, I notice alot of people keep talking about the revamp
    I took some times and had a look at the patch notes. Honestly half of the stuffs said on the post are another language to me
    So far I understand that power dmg will be all might, and all powers going to have combos?
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Winter 1 Anxient 0
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Yes, all powers will be might based for the ease of balancing the damage between powers & weapons.

How you can tell the difference between precision, might and other types of damage is by the color.

Might damage = Yellow
    Precision damage = white
    Pet damage = orange

Not all powers are going to have combos but.......... that would be interesting.

Get on the test server if you can. It will give you a preview of what's to come and it never hurts having more feedback.
    • Like x 1
  13. TPtastebad Active Player

I just really love the mechanics of Celestial and hope more powers can adapt that "mirror" tree set
  14. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I would replace Phantom Flames with Telekinetic Bolt. PF is Damage over Time (DoT), but you are overwriting your own DoT even if you go through a full Resonance cycle (overwriting 8 out of 12 ticks of damage, iirc).

I also use Psychic Shock first, because the stun holds the enemy in place, rather than pushing them from me. Your distance from the enemy matters ... melee mid and range have different damages.

Also note that there's a time limit for your big hits. If you wait for the fight to start while staying invisible, you won't get as big of a first hit. It will, however, mean that Invisibility will be ready sooner, since the cooldown is still ticking while you wait for the fight to start.