Stats Revamp 1.6: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

The cost is 100 and the cool down is 0.5 seconds according to the tool tips on test right now. Might be an error.
  2. Rokyn Dedicated Player

It's probably not best to turtle tank with Fire anymore on test. Blocking should be reserved for Blue Immunity/Counters and I'm not sure if blocking is good if you're overwhelmed with 8+ adds.....with other powersets it was best to continue attacking though if you're being constantly being lunged at, you might as well grab some immunity off that. These key two passives are what change Fire to be an offensive tank from now on:

• +65% Incoming Healing while not blocking
    • Fire Soul – New Passive - +25% while not blocking. As you directly damage Burning enemies, this bonus increases to a maximum of +55% Defense while not blocking.
  3. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi Moja, I have to say good job giving fire a range aoe pull, and a shield like immolation is very good. If you don't mind can you make Immolation have more fire on a character's body? More flames like he's actually in a shield or surounded by a fiery aura or something like that?

Also what's the point of having a power with 0 power cost like Burnout ?
    • Like x 1
  4. Cyro Committed Player

Yes I know i read everything. The whole point of my post was me saying I know we are doing worse by blocking - I wanted to see how bad we do. I wanted to see if we could get away with turtle well-established by specing our stats a certain way.

I don't know about you but having fire be a battle tank take all the skill away from fire. We had to choose our moments of when to unblock to boast our health up. Now out health is permanently high and not blocking is better.

My post was me trying to find a way to turtle tank like we can on live, because if we have the choice to turtle tank our battle tank - well that's amazing. If we are forced to stay out of block... Im switching powers.
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

• Flame Cascade
      • Increased cooldown to 2s, up from 0.05s.
      • Removed PI.
    I am disapointed with flame cascade. all i can see is: the cooldown is too long to activate it right after itself. the power no longer extends the duration of burning, why had that to be? also it is a high power cost power? why? i am biased, but: i realy hoped for this to be the low power low cooldown spammable power... i mean, it was allways a weaker alternative for those who didnt liked or blew the channeled fire burst... it was similar to ice: arctic gust. but weaker. i just hoped it would be different...

this is my first impression. i will later have more time to realy test it out!
    • Like x 4
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess i would rather have flame cascade switch power cost, dammage and cooldowns with fire burst.
    i is channeled and should do the big hit anyways... hell, fire burst is a damn KAMEHAMEHAAAAA!!!
    and is best used after solar flame to clip with. or am i the only one hwo thinks those two should switch?

also: please give flame cascade some sort of PI, or like before: extends the duration of burning... pls!
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

what is this for?
  8. Cyro Committed Player

Sometimes in content there is invisible adds. Perception helps see them....Currently its useless so dont worry about it :p
    • Like x 2
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

like X-ray vision? got it!
  10. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

My fire toon was my 2nd toon ever and is one of my favorite I spent alot of time in Tank role with dps gear. Never went pure tank and have only been pure DPS for a short time.

Flame Cascade is what I am always spamming, fire burst you save for when things are knocked down or tougher opponents. Looking at these patch notes it feels like you got them backwards? We can spam fire burst now and flame cascade will be a high cost power we use on tough stuff? lol? I will hold off judgement because hopefully there will be way more options offensively. But this is a big change to DPS.

My concern Fire DPS is that if we have a more open LO that it remains mobile. I can light up and keep my blue flame going for a long time through dungeons but being mobile also lets me aim my cone damage where I want. If i ditch FB/FC am I gonna be dead in the water?

Tank side sounds awesome(except the shield). As a hybrid thats exactly how I used mine, attacking to get power and using tons of powers that gave heals. A ranged pull? Eh. If my 360 pull doesnt jerk them into fire my powers taunting them should make them come running.

It would be hella cool if all tank roles would build up or get immunity as they beat on stuff. Like the way ur defense rises.

But yeah DPS looks like its gonna change big time. I just hope it stays mobile. Seems like the majority of the love went to tank side.

Question to testers: Are Super Charge powers actually doing big damage now? They all feel worthless on Live unless they heal. I use Fires Volcanic Calamity on live and its worthless. Seems like all it got in revamp was bigger aoe and cc nerf.

Edit* I am looking forward to these polished visuals!! As long as we dont end up like poor rage toons and their new ranged animation lol.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cyro Committed Player

So i have a suggestion for fire tanks more of an idea i guess. How about we keep reduce heals when blocking but we reduce the amount of defensive we get when not blocking. That way its active and we have to decide when to get out of block to heal and when to turtle to take the big damage.

To me it sounds like the best of both worlds and a great compromise if you(the devs) have your heart set on fire battle tanking. Of course you would have to change the numbers around but it sounds really fun to me
    • Like x 1
  12. Pyrometers Active Player

absorb heat do not heal or i do not see it. flash point and mass det do the same damage and mass det take a while to cast. i noticed the burst heal was taken away from stoke flames. just want to know why. wild fire also do good damage ,low heals, long cool down . how do spontaneous combustion debuff the target decrease their defense? I do not see the red shield under the target name when i use it, it also have a long cool down . flame cascade cool down is to long. burning determination is good . the pull is good. i like how back draft heals on its own and extra against burning enemies. immolation, its ok . just my thought on my 1st hr of playing.
  13. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Oh yeah. Since Absorb Heat can change targets now I REALLY hope that is mobile. I can see my dude runing through dungeons lasering people to death instead of flame cascading lol.
  14. Cyro Committed Player

Its not, should be though
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They should change perception so it's the distance you can actually harm an enemy from, so the higher perception you have, the farther away you can target and pull adds. Of course it would mean having to add perception as an actual stat in gear.
    • Like x 1
  16. Cyro Committed Player

Thats sounds cool it would be big in sm like oan and fos. Of course it would really be cool if they also added it to heal distance and troll powering of course thats wayyy too much for them to do :p. Id be happy if they added more invisible adds
  17. Rokyn Dedicated Player

There seems to be an issue with the passive health buff. The buff stays infinitely up and it changes in value whenever you switch armories or switch to new instances. That's so far my only bug found tanking wise. Speccing into healing crits is showing results with all of your heals having the possibility of having a crit. Seems to be more Dominance based as well. Nice job on the personal shield and long range AoE pull ;)

Oh and the knockdown effect from Backdraft only works on Burning enemies....just wanted to make sure that was intended.
  18. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

• Flame Cascade
      • Increased cooldown to 2s, up from 0.05s.
        This is not good at all.
        The cool down does not start for almost two seconds. So essentially the cool down is 4 seconds.

This is the Fire spam power not Fireburst.

Flame cascade should function like arctic gust functions as far as the cool down & spam ability is concerned. (spamability looks mo betta....... LOL, made up a new werd )

Fireburst
        • Reduced power cost to 200, down from 350.
        • Removed Knockdown.
          Not good at all. This is what is used if you need more than Flame Cascade for knock downs.....IF................. you want to take a chance on the long animation.
        • Replaced PIs with additional damage vs. Burning targets.
        • Polished visuals.
        • With this cost and cast time, this ability falls into the “spammer / low cost” category, so it can remain the “default” attack for PftT users that want to spam it.
          This is not the default PffT Flame Cascade is the default PffT spam power because the animation takes to too long and easily interrupted. Players that use this power anywhere in PVP end up on their butts or just dead because this power takes so long. In PVE...... the solos, duos & alerts are an issue as well. When you hit fireburst..... hands start twirling and boom.....on your but or your knocked out. Now with the extra interrupts that you are adding like with the Starro event. This power if left as is will not be used very much at all.

Please, Will you guys remove the twirly hand thingy? The animation takes so long that its not worth it unless you are in a raid. This is the same animation that Mentals mass levitation use to have and it was fixed. Please do something with this gawd awful animation. Just cut the twirly hand junky thingy from the first part of the animation and it will be perfect. The last half of the animation is really good.

• Like x 2
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

those channeled attacks are a joke. they are simply not worth the risk. they get interrupted all the time and even if they hit, they are never strong enough to even the odds. i guess i will have to completely ignore mass detonation and fire burst. why can't flame cascade be more like arctic gust and less like avalange?
  20. Pults Loyal Player

YES
    As for current build on test, it's quite good. I love how the range "pull" functions however the AoE on it is too small, targets need to be packed very tightly to use it without spamming.
    However, fire was the power I sticked with because it left like playing on the edge of a knife, you had your risk and you had your reward. Not being able to turtle tank for the higher reward just feels lazy to me. Having that aspect gone from fire just makes it fell like a slower version of atomic. What I would like to see is not a healthpool increase but damage mitigation similar to how it is/was with earth. Not sure how big of a value it needs to be but I think somewhere in the ballpark of 25-35% mitigation seems about right. Biggest flaw with fire has been healing back lost health, it put a toll on healers, having a percentage based mitigation in block negates this poor synergy.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.