How much money did you spend on Team-Up Time Capsules?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

So that's the win in pay to win? More dps, orbital that gives stun resistance, and henchman that may grab agro?

Not trying to change your mind. Just saying, I don't see the pay to win.
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

3. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I'm going to answer all your posts before this here.

First - its not a scam, and its not gambling truly. You always get something for your money. Just not necessarily what you wanted. That's not a scam. Nobody pulled one over on you. You knew what you were buying and what you would get from it. Take some personal responsibility for you decision.

Second - stop talking about how this is driving players away. You do not know that. Every event, DLC, change to the game leads to some players leaving. This melodramatic stance you take about how its pushing all the players away is a figment of your imagination. Unless you have proof. You have data to support your wild assertions, right?

Lastly, It's not DBG job to worry about what mental illnesses its players might have when considering a product to sell. That's the player's job. Also, you don't care about these players at all, so your pretend concern for compulsive gamblers is, honestly, pretty crappy, as you're just using their disease to further your own goals, which have nothing to actually do with saving compulsive gamblers from themselve.

If you don't like TCs, don't buy TCs. STOP telling other people what to do, and that they're bad for doing something. You are the arbiter of literally nothing. Literally that. Your demands come off as a childish rant that stink of envy for the people who can and do afford to spend their money any way they want to.
  4. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

I left because of electricity and wont come back because of TC feats. This way of thinking is the problem. The majority wants marketplace items and not paid RNG.
    The problem is that people who try to speak with their wallets and don't buy TC's get overshadowed by the fools who spend $100+ then complain about it on the forums. This game had so much potential. Plus I have been playing since 2011. You do not need data for people leaving when it is clearly visible in game. The servers merged out of necessity, not choice. More people will continue to leave if DBG keeps valuing quick money grabs instead of quality which would pay for itself.
    • Like x 3
  5. Ascended Well-Known Player

So.....what if the capsules took the RNG out of most of the items, but most everything was account bound?

Like, you open up a capsule and you get some random exo's, simple/complex materials, you know, the little stuff no one really cares about. That can remain random. But you also get to pick an emblem box, a gear box and/or a mod box, and when you open them you get to pick the specific emblem/gear/mod you want, but everything is account bound so you can't just farm the broker.

The super-rare stuff like the uber-trinkets would still be on a RNG, but you would still otherwise get exactly what you want each time you open a capsule. You want to get the whole Arrow gear set? You gotta open up eight capsules, no more no less. Want all the emblems? Gotta open up....nine, or however many emblems there are this time around. If you have to pick between gear/emblem/mod and you want all the gear and all the emblems? You gotta open up seventeen capsules (or whatever).

This would reduce the amount of money an individual might drop trying to get everything, but it would entice other players who aren't spending much/any money to drop $10-$20 bucks. Smaller revenue potential per individual customer but cash drops across a wider chunk of the player base. You'd also have players feeling less taken advantage of, because they're getting what they want and know exactly how much they have to spend to reach their goal.

You'd probably have to change the drop rate of the capsules (and really I hate playing for fifteen minutes and ending up with a million capsules polluting my inventory anyway) and you'd probably have to change the way the fragments work so players would still have to-want to spend cash, but I think it'd be worthwhile in the end.
  6. Backblock Well-Known Player

Horrible idea
  7. Ascended Well-Known Player

Okay.....thanks for the constructive feedback, I guess?

Perhaps you could elaborate a bit and explain why its a horrible idea? Everyone is complaining about the RNG component of the capsules and how it's a giant gamble that almost never pays off, right? Does this not fix that problem?
  8. mexmex Dedicated Player

this is supposed to be a game not a machine slot and that is exactly what the time capsules are, and they taking advantage of people compulsions. That is bad in so many levels, because there are minors playing this too. And all that list you made is not meant for all ages. those are for adult people.

But they will keep doing it even if that is alienating more and more players, or even if they are loosing costumers and good players. it feels like they dont care if they loose people or not as long as they keep the earnings, but in the long run is going to hurt the game.
    • Like x 1
  9. mexmex Dedicated Player

LOL, if you fail to see how many players are mad about this then you must be blind, there are literally pages of complaints here iin the forums and in this very thread

First.- I do take responabilty of myself, since only the first time I went ahead with it and spend 10 dlls. saw what it was and I stopped.

Second.- I never said all players are leaving, but at least in my league and friends list is going down fast latelly, and yes some of them are directly becuse of the money grabs. And as you said, Do you have prove that the playerbase is not shrinking?? then stop denying it based on the same premise.

LASTLY I am not concern of the compulsive gamblers, aint my problem, but it is when I see a game I happened to like going down because of this exploits, and I am going to be vocal about it. I

I am not demanding anything, Just saying that for the sake of the game they need to tone down this cash grabs, i do not envy at all what other people have in the game. That is just stupid, lol, but I hate to see people i have played this game for over 5 years now leaving because this things.
    • Like x 3
  10. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Exactly. People already pay memberships and they add another money grab. Had they used that time to fix bugs, pvp, and CONSISTENTLY update powers, more people would play and be willing to pay. Thats like if you paid for my driving course, but you can't get your drivers license until you take these dice and roll 8 sevens in a row. $15 per attempt.
  11. xBlackCoffeex Well-Known Player

Minors are not affected by this at all. If a person is old enough to work a job and have their own money i do not consider them a minor. If the other minors you are referring to has parents that link their own card(s) to the kids account so they can buy stuff well i blame the parent for not limiting their spending. A parents job is to limit the type of decisions a minor can make to only the ones that are appropriate for them to be making, to the best of their ability.

Also i wish people would stop saying they don't care about losing people. There is no business that says "Oh i dont need people they can leave." because it wont be a business for long. Obviously TCs are a hit for this game or else they wouldn't keep rolling them out again and again. People said the replay badges were p2w in a way because you can just keep running content until you get what you want and that RBs were going to kill the game and people are leaving in droves yada yada. Same thing applies to TCs open until you get what you want. Yes there is items in the TCs that are only in TCs BUT they can be purchased off the broker. NOTHING in the TCs are exclusively in TCs and cannot be traded or sold on the broker so there is no need to spend real money to acquire them. Yes it speeds up the process because you dont have to grind to get the in-game money to buy them but that also applies to the RB comparison. Use replays to accomplish what you want a lot faster than the guy who can only run it once a week.
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

He would have probably ended up spending that much if they were on the marketplace.
  13. mexmex Dedicated Player

Yes they may be a financial hit, but those are far from being a hit for most of the player base, otherwise we woudn ´t have many complaints about those capsules in the forums or in their facebook or twitter pages.

Indeed there might be someone expending lets say 500 dlls each round on these things but maybe they are loosing 10 people active players for each of these individuals, it is still a financial hit I do agree in that. But in the long run is hurting the game, leaving so many players in frustration as they can´t get those sneaky prices.

And on top of that we dont see that hit you mention at all reflected on the game, we dont have better or faster content, or we dont see enough fixes for the bugs plaging the game or pvp or else, we don´t see anything in return of such a hit. they are collecting the cash and not investing anything back into the game.

To be fair Replay is similar but well that is an option, you can still gets the feats eventually, most of the times, except with past event where you have to pay or fail to finish all feats attached to it. At least in this event if you play ALTS you can still get your feats, something that is not fair game for the people that play only one character. maybe if at least each item in it had the same rate drop this woudnt be so bad as they are, but its far from be the case, that way is profiable for them, but not as much as the gamble they are putting in it.
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

15. Pults Loyal Player

Unrealistic comparison since it's based on absolutely nothing.
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Well Lets take the flash helm he received. The batman cowl pack was 20 dollars.

Looking at there pricing trends an emblem pack like that could be 5 - 10 dollars as well.

The Material could be priced between 10-20 as well.

I don't think looking at previous market place items of similar quality and pricing is unrealistic. The only really variable is if the desire to gamble would trump his desire to buy those items outright seeing them priced the way they are. I am sure discussions like that are what the devs have with regards to MP vs TC. Even if you personally won't buy, they are probably betting on the person who is willing to drop a stack like it is nothing.
  17. DC Reaper Well-Known Player

$60, 8/12 negative speed force with remaining missing are over 90 million in in-game currency, ... each
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I spent ?? (s long ago I don't even remember what they cost) and bought 2 (that would be TWO as in a pair) the very first day the first time capsule went live and have never bought a stabilizer since. When that first capsule came out, before players realized just how fast they drop, I grabbed close to 30 Million in game cash selling them.

I play the duo every day and just open a capsule when I grab enough free fragments to build a stabilizer. I'm Legendary so that means I can build 1 with left over fragments every three days.

Let's see before the typical questions start.. I PLAY the game every day.. as in actually log and que up and do missions not log in and que up my credit card. I have been "supporting" this game for years between month subs and buying all sorts of things of the Market over the years.
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

to this day I havent opened a single team-up capsule.
    • Like x 1
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

Zero. I waited to see what was useful and how much they were on the broker.