Titans Is the Next Live-Action DC TV Show, But It Won't Be on TV

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Apr 25, 2017.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Source Link: http://io9.gizmodo.com/titans-is-the-next-live-action-dc-tv-show-but-it-wont-1794632798

[IMG]

It’s official: There’s another DC TV show on the way to add to your watch ist alongside Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, and like a dozen more at this point, and this time it’s a live-action Teen Titans show, which has long been in development limbo. But there’s a twist—it’s not going to be on TV, and neither is the next season of Young Justice.

Warner Bro. has just confirmed that Titans and Young Justice’s third season—titled Young Justice: Outsiders—will headline a new DC-focused digital streaming service next year. Not details were confirmed about the new platform, other than that it will “deliver an immersive experience designed just for DC fans,” so expect more than Titans and Young Justice to come to the service.

[IMG]

A Titans TV show had been in the works at TNT, but the show was scrapped last year. It’s hard to tell how much of that plan remains in this new version—which will be executive produced by producer Akiva Goldsman, DC Comics Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, and DC CW TV masterminds Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter—draws on the scrapped show, but it will seemingly at least star a few classic Titan characters. Dick Grayson, Starfire, and Raven are all mentioned in the press release, describing the show as following “a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe,” as Dick prepares to lead a new team of young heroes to safeguard the world.

Meanwhile, Young Justice’s long-awaited third season will tackle the dark concept of meta-human trafficking, as the team and society at large is “caught in the crossfire of a genetic arms race spanning the globe and the galaxy.”

Doh! aurorabenz07 out scooped me by a few minutes. :oops::mad::confused:
    • Like x 7
  2. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Didn't Netflix collect data etc. to see if a third season of Young Justice is viable? As in: Wasn't Netflix supposed to do that third season?
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Great :( , yet another streaming service
    • Like x 2
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Riggs Well-Known Player

Oh, joy, someone else starting a streaming service.

After reading this....

I won't be paying for any more of those, they seem to be run by idiots.

As of now, if it's not on Sky, I won't be watching it.
  7. RBM Active Player

This is why I BitTorrent...
    • Like x 1
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the idea of a "dc channel" is exciting.

i can only hope they include donna and wally in some way.
  9. RBM Active Player

Donna... don't tease me, bro. I don't need to have false hope about Donna being in the show.
    • Like x 1
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

Mixed feelings about this.
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well on the plus side, this means TITANS won't have to be heavy on the token soap opera drama Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl tends to have. I'll wait to get more info as more details are released but maybe this is DC's answer to Marvel's Netflix shows
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Are you kidding? It's a show involving teens, it's practically mandated that there will be soap opera-levels of drama and angst. If anything it could be worse than what's seen on the CW shows. LOL
  13. RBM Active Player

True. This is practically begging for a Dick/Kory/Barbara triangle... (Dick-Kory/Barbara/Donna anime-style harem?)
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I dunno, most anime harem protagonists tend to be on the clueless side, and it's tough to imagine them making the protégé of Batman that clueless and unobservant. :D
  15. RBM Active Player

Also true. Still, "clueless and unobservant about a potential harem" would be a fun counterpoint to "hyperobservant about everything else".
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i know right.

if anything i would imagine them working from Titans vs JLA and the Judas Contract which at the end of the JC had Wondergirl (in a somewhat hideous version of her classic red jumper) joining the team so Donna may finally be in the titans.

Not ideal...but the animated DC version of the Titans has shown to have both Wally and speedy as well as Bumblebee as original members of the team. an ongoing series might give everyone a chance to shine.
  17. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

It is totally possible that the profit numbers Netflix works on are right, including the conclusions made from it, and the real problem is the majority of the audience. Or people in total ;)
  18. mana_133322 New Player

Teen Titans live action show and a new young justice season sounds so cool but then why isn't it on tv and on a new streaming device! Can't they just put it on a existing one, of course they want to make money but there is already so many like now even youtube has shows and you have t pay for them!
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Well that's more shows I wont be seeing.

Really tired of all these stupid streaming services and their exclusive content, just a waste of money.
  20. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/402531-teagan-croft-cast-as-raven-in-live-action-teen-titans

Teagan Croft cast as Raven in live-action Teen Titans

[IMG]

Deadline reports that the first cast member for the live-action Teen Titans series, simply titled Titans, has been found with Australian newcomer Teagan Croft set to play Raven.

The daughter of the demon Trigon, Raven is a powerful psychic primarily using psychic empathy, either absorbing emotions or pain of others and even heal them. Raven is also capable of telekinesis, teleportation, and astral projection.

Titans follows a group of young soon-to-be Super Heroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. In this action-packed series, Dick Grayson emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire, Raven and many others. Titans is a dramatic, live-action adventure series that will explore and celebrate one of the most popular comic book teams ever. The show will be written by Akiva Goldsman (Star Trek: Discovery, Underground), President and CCO of DC Entertainment Geoff Johns (The Flash, Arrow) and Greg Berlanti (Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl).

Titans is in development at Warner Bros. own digital subscription service which is set to launch in 2018 with the live-action series and a the long-awaited third season of Young Justice
    • Like x 1