Fixing the Time capsules.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Proxystar #Perception

The reason I didn't go with that idea is because it allows people to stockpile dollars to buy new capsule stuff upon release.

The devs dont like this type of thing because it undermines the system excluding the new capsules allows the devs to make as much money from whales on new capsules as possible.

This is not a position they will voluntarily surrender and we can't honestly expect them too.

My idea however creates in opinion a reasonable compromise.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I don't agree. I don't think they're actively trying to make us unhappy I just think there's a balance between making us happy and making as much money as possible.

At the moment theres just a bit if a disconnect because they're trying to make as much money as possible but don't appear to have found the right balance to keep us happy long term while maintaining increasing profits.

It's a difficult balance to achieve.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I believe Mepps may have said in an Ask DCUO a few months ago (or maybe even another dev in a livestream) that a vendor system is something they'd look into. I think Star Trek Online has something similar that came to the game about a year after their version of Time Capsules launched? It may not have been STO, but I definitely recall someone saying it's done in some MMO anyway. I do think it's a good solution for the hard-to-get items, so I hope it's something that's implemented in the future.
    • Like x 2
  4. Pults Loyal Player

Hate to break it to you buddy but we're way past long term benefits in favor of short bursts, flash sales and half planned out events.
    • Like x 4
  5. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Most of that "a year" is past money, no longer mattering in balance sheets. Your 360$ of last year are opposed by players spending 300$ a month on that stabilizers. It's pretty obvious that Daybreak makes a solid plus from the difference currently, or they'd change their ways themselves.

And the world is full of fools.
    • Like x 1
  6. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

As I already said, it would be an improvement. But it doesn't matter if any player - or me specifically - agrees with you. DCUO is very limited in mechanisms and economy surrounding those lottery boxes compared to most other games. And Daybreak is seemingly OK with that. That is the problem you need to work down, not the opinion of other players. Players and gaming companies come from opposing ends for quite some time now :D
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Yea acknowledged.

My main point of the thread though is the hope that putting together a plausible idea might motivate change even on the developers part.

Other games have these systems in place so it's disappointing that Daybreak would release a feature like time capsules without having implemented at the same time a meaningful method other than relying on RNG :)
    • Like x 2
  8. lukelucky Devoted Player

Most of that "a year" is past money, no longer mattering in balance sheets. Your 360$ of last year are opposed by players spending 300$ a month on that stabilizers. It's pretty obvious that Daybreak makes a solid plus from the difference currently, or they'd change their ways themselves.

And the world is full of fools

past money is exactly what makes this setup beyond stupid. how much money does the og nimbus make dcuo today? ZERO dollars.
    how many players today do we have that were not around when the "limited time" items began?
    XBOX literally was millions of potential customers and all those items can not be used to earn dcuo revenue.

to be clear you are saying the very small percentile who splurges on luck based items out sales millions of customers? years of customers we go through in dcuo?

you ever hear team dcuo say a small percent of players to play dcuo ever spend money? I have plenty of times over the years. so I a game where customizing your character is a huge draw and a game that lacks options you are saying its profitable to withhold a hundred items? how many customers might be sucked in by those cosmetics and spend their first dollars? ice toons and ice is extremely popular as it was a top dps power and stupid easy tank would have the og nimbus as a nice accessory to each and every ice character created.
    fire well there is the phoenix material, smoke aura, white smoke, orange and yellow nimbus, same colors for smoke and plasmic.......... u see where I am goin gwith this?

any fool can make a buck. businessmen worth anything figure out how to not only make those bucks but keep making them. expand and grow the profits. have the money make you money

RNG decimated dcuo and instead of attempting to fix dcuo the powers that be doubled down on RNG time and time again despite the damage being done. the profits were never "good" as sony stated f2p was not making enough to deem us worth keeping. with the servers packed if we could not make enough money how is this minute populous? its not.

all this loss and negativity is not worth some small percentile of players spending X amount. don't care even a little bit someone spends $400. RNG has not grown the game nor has it improved the game. it has hurt progression, cut into the core integrity of the game and has indeed shrunk the game.

this is what you call good well I think I have a different definition of successful then you and team dcuo. dcuo has zero competition out there at the moment and nothing on the horizon. the combat in an mmo is as rare as a unicorn and both mmo and dc provide incredible draws. maybe just maybe if the game made money of great deals rather then pay restrictions and pay walls we might get somewhere.

keep in mind until the time capsules a lot of rare RNG items were for sale for what two weeks. one last note, mepps accidently showed an aura two years ago and it finally dropped in the last booster bundle. that's two years they had some money maker and made zero dollars off it. that's the loss they need to see because as a common aura you could buy for under 5 million it did zero for the budget sheets
  9. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

I'm tired of all these tc threads. They need to just get rid of them already. It's polluting the broker, causing (caused) an exobyte stock crash, too many crappy as5 auras and can reallocate resources to fix bugs, too many collection pieces to acquire, takes up inventory space x4, the event fragments are a joke, need i go on.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not buying it nether are you. Your just trying to be 'nice' about it all lol

and since they arent going anywhere (TC) your playing nice. You know just as well as anyone else does as long as they make $$ from TC they wont budge as they'll see it as a profitable item and refuse to change it, and they know the feats in them are what sell them, otherwise they'd be on the MP as simply a cosmetic item.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Theres an element of nicety in my post but I don't think its untrue.

It makes no commercial sense to deliberately annoy your customers.

I therefore do not genuinely think they set out each day purposefully to annoy us.

Time capsules are incredibly divisive and I don't expect they will surrender them.

So its not about being nice or fighting the good fight in opposition; I will always remain fundamentally in opposition to them.

However this is about finding a reasonable compromise that creates a meaningful way to get whats in the capsules without having to rely on luck resulting in dropping endless amounts of money on them.

What I'm proposing is a compromise; we can't expect it for free and on the same hand I don't believe they should be able to expect us to have to drop indeterminate amounts of money on them despite the natural desire to do so to please the bottomline ;)
    • Like x 5
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

but thats the thing they arent doing anything to 'please' us unless it is making them loads of money. After all thats why the MP is in the shape its in, and has been in.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

They're releasing stuff its just the manner of delivery.

So they are doing things to please us just not entirely the way we would like
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

can you actually call that pleasing us then if it at the end of the day leaves a bad taste in your mouth? I dont.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I find anything involving new content to be pleasing I'm just prepared to seperate that fact from whether or not I'm displeased with a delivery method. They're two different things.
    • Like x 3
  16. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I am so happy I got virtually everything off the first three tc sets by the grinding essence purrifiers. It's the easiest way to get a Phoenix material and void essence (still don't have but am getting close). From December to early April (haven't really grinded much since Starro came out) I made about a hundred and twenty million off of essence purrifiers. That got me close enough that I could broker other items to get me to my finish line. With all the Starro materials you can broker it's probably easier now then when I did it.
  17. light FX Steadfast Player

It certainly is. I made 47 million in the last 3 days just by running alts through the starro stuff and selling everything. Ive finished this TC and event too.
    • Like x 1
  18. Riggs Well-Known Player

And that is pocket change to the money "whales" spend in a month.

$360 is nothing. If you spent that every month then you'd be on par with those that pay out for the capsules now but $360 a year is laughable.

Games like DCUO and SWOTR make an absolute killing on RNG boxes. People pay hundreds to thousands a month on those.

Next to those the money you brought in for Daybreak is insignificant. They would rather have people spending big money than your pocket change.

They can afford to lose people like you, they can't afford to lose the big spenders. It's them they want to keep happy, you don't matter.

Sounds harsh but it's business. Feelings don't matter, money does and unless you spend with the best of them you are meaningless.
  19. FearsomeScarecrow Well-Known Player

I agree but the problem now is... Devs aren't thinking long term anymore. They're now launching more and more events themed w/ more and more time capsules. EVERY F*****G THING is now revolving around Time Capsules and it makes me sick. It will be over six months w/ NO DLCS two times in a row!!!!! A year of DCUO wasted due to time capsules.

The Devs are putting on an illusion of "free seasonal" (Anti-Monitor/Starro/This thing coming out June 1st) but in actuality they're freeing up the couple bucks Prem players and the smarter legendary players ,who haven't been subscribing because DCUO has been basically F2P for the past year, into TCs which are both yielding more money and is more attractive.

So unfortunately there will never be this awesome vendor, instead the Devs will do what they did couple weeks ago which is Resurgence of ALL TC for a limited time in which fools, the other 97% of DCUO who gladly invest the money which should be invested in DLCs Semi-Annually but instead go towards cosmetics on our characters that get old fast very fast.

Also people don't see it rn because Starro/Anti-Monitor/June 1st thing look new now but doing it year after year after the already tired out Holiday seasonals is just disgusting looking. Sadly though, I believe DCUO & Daybreak will happily be "cashed out" by then so, even though I agree w/ you... on everything you suggested, it's a lost cause.Time Capsules put the last nail on the coffin of DCUO. So unless the ENTIRE community Xbox/PC/Ps stopped buying TCs and prove that we want dlcs/content over Seasonals/Cosmetics attached w/ skill points.... DCUO is dead.

Too bad that it is too late for change. DCUO took an ugly turn for the worst
    • Like x 1
  20. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

• Like x 1