Bonus Stabilizer Weekend! April 21-23, 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pults Loyal Player

Or better yet, don't buy anything and ignore the obvious quick buck scheme.
    • Like x 2
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Wait...using common sense and self-restraint...what blasphemy you speak... ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. Pults Loyal Player

If they really wanted to stop players from replaying it in the first place, then the price for a reset should have been set to absurd amount or making it work as a weekly task we have in AFIII. "Not having tech" is not an excuse. Here i just came up with a solution using the concept already in use. Took me less than a minute to come up with it. Would take less than a day at best to implement. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Encouraging...not forcing or mandating it. People can suggest all sorts of things, no one is under any obligation to do them. The only ones feeling "forced" are those trying to keep up with the Joneses.
    • Like x 1
  5. DaZeeHero Level 30

Unless you just play it once, that got me enough stabilizers to open 2 time capsules for free and I don't plan on opening more.
  6. Juliett13 New Player

I just want to get into the game. We are STILL down here in USA Central time zone.
  7. SkullGang Devoted Player

It's still cheaper to buy from MP.

Considering on average a good amount have players have well over 100 of these new capsules 6 stabilisers is nothing.
    • Like x 1
  8. Gorgathax New Player

9. Cat's Eye New Player

How do they keep the vault from being replayed?
    • Like x 3
  10. Aquaflash New Player

Whats the point of this? Will you get at least one of the rare materials with 6 free stabilizers? You cant get those even if you open 600 or more... What kind of bonus weekend is that? Did you increase the drop rate like 80 percent for the rarest materials? now that would be a Bonus weekend. Disappointing as usual.
  11. IamINC Dedicated Player

They also said they'd look at adjusting the drop rates as well but that didn't happen , I just take everything that comes from DBG now with a pinch of salt and just try and enjoy the game , as hard as that is becoming.
    • Like x 1
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Still though, they should not even be encouraging it. I mean we all have seen how much of a cash grab they have turned DCUO into over the last year under the guidance of Jackster but damn, encouraging players to replay the event when it is obviously not in the player's best interest was just dirty.

Also, while it does not pertain to your post Khalon, I have to say this whole "not having tech" to make the Event unable to be replayed is such a joke. They could easily make the Event cost 999 replay badges to replay, instead, they are just hoping to play on the stupidity of players. There is good business practices and then there is shady. These two attempts at making a little extra $$ are definitely in the shady category.
    • Like x 4
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

another idea about the code related to that UI on the event line in the On Duty menu, delete the Replay Badge code associated with that one UI line pertaining to the event? Might be easier than diggin up old pre-replay badge On Duty elements?
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Or they could just make the whole thing a replica of the vault.

instead of buying stabilizers for $1 you buy stabilizer tickets, upon use it transports you to the stabilizer instance, you complete the instance and it awards you 1 stabilizer at the end.

members can run the event free once per day, 1 free stabilizer per day
    premiums can run the event once every 3 days, 1 stabilizer every 3 days
    free to play players can run the event once every 7 days, 1 stabilizer a week.
    • Like x 4
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

How about you don't need to reset or buy anything you just get some extra stabilizers over the weekend. It bonus stuff just be happy and stop complaining.
    • Like x 3
  16. Unida Dedicated Player

usually coincides with logins dropping off as people are tired of filler content and wait for what appears to be twice yearly DLC.

struggling to find a reason to log in, and this aint it.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Jafin's summary is correct. I was about to write it myself, but there it is. :) We would prefer to disallow replays entirely on the stabilizer event, so that the clear marketplace option is to purchase keys. We do not currently have a way to do that, so the cost was set very high.

I specifically noted that it can be replayed in the article because, well, it can be replayed. This weekend with the bonus, it was pretty close in terms of value between stabilizer and replays, and many people have member grants and/or stockpiled replays.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.