Are you in a League?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mepps, Apr 17, 2017.

1. inferno Loyal Player

I'm in 3 leagues. One has 15 to 20 members, mostly active. The second has around 8, half active; these are mostly friends. The third is my personal league. The last only has me as a member with my alts.
  2. Scar-Red Nova Dedicated Player

Suspicious
    • Like x 1
  3. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

What are you hinting?
    • Like x 1
  4. TheCursedOne Well-Known Player

My league has 244 toons. Around half are alts and we have around 6 to 7 active players on raid nights. That number keeps going in the wrong direction. Most of my league mates have been here since the beginning of the game and they are starting to either play less or stop playing all together. I hear three different things from them when they leave/play less.

1. Feats in TC. You guys have got to stop putting feats in TC. Or if you have to, then do it like open 10,20,30 TC. Put the feats in front of the RNG, not behind two of them . Every time a new TC comes out I hear league mates complain about the feats, I do agree with them. They love the styles and gear in them but they hate the fact if you don’t want that style or don’t need the gear then you will miss out on feats. It should not be this way.

2. Content. The switch back to large EP was a good move, but the gap between the EP are too long. You started to fill void with these “Big Events”, which the content is good. I love the Starro event. What I hate about it and I’m sure I’m not the only one is clamping the toons. On one hand I get it. Clamping everyone allows for everyone to play it, but on the other hand here you have players that have toons that are at end game, spent all that time grinding out to get to 190 just to be clamped. All that work, all that gear you modded out means nothing. What’s even worse for me is if you spec into more power or more health that does not follow you when they clamp your toon. So like fire with it being power hog, I spec more into power for any mistakes I might make. All of that is gone when you clamp toons. Now the members raid is heading in a right path. Why can’t we have it both ways? Have the clamped versions, and then tune them to end game just like the members raid. That would allow players to play their beefed up toon at new content.

3. The revamp. Many player may not have played on test but they listen to the feed back from players that have, wither it’s from tester on here or people they know that have tested. Some league mates are ok where it’s going, Most I’m hearing do not. Take your pick but each one of these has been brought up about players leaving/ playing less. Changing roles from the ground up after 5+years. Changes in cooldowns. The auto POT. The replacement of AM’s with PFtT. The fact that players will more or less have to start using their weapons more. Taking what use to make that power “shine” and remove so they can be more like other powers. All roles seems to play/feel the same. I have heard each of these reason from league mates. Some of them have said what’s the point in playing the game now if the revamp is head this way. I understand that the revamp is far from done. Hell it not even half way done, but players can get a feel for how the revamp is heading by only playing for a little bit on test. No different if you go to put on a shoe that is to small but the sales man says it will “stretch over time”. If the shoe don’t fit, then it don’t fit.

Take how you will each of these. Wither you think it’s wrong or not, it is still leading to players leaving or playing less, which means less money coming in.
    • Like x 3
  5. DCUO Post Loyal Player

This is a joke thread right?!?! :(
    This brings up sad times, league being disbanded.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. darth_paul Dedicated Player

For my heroes, I have three of them in the league Rising Legends: Fighting Floridian, Flying Fearowl and Flaming Fista. Then I have my hero, Incredible Frozone in the league Justice Teens of America. Both leagues are pretty active with a lot of members. On the villain side I have two of them, Arbok Commander and Plantasma in the league Ultra Industries. I believe that this one still has a lot of members, but doesn't seem to be very active as it once was. I hardly see more than two or three of the same people on whenever I get on with one of those characters. The last league that I belong to is the opposite number of the Justice Teens appropriately known as the Injustice Teens and I have my villain, Fistdemeanor, as a part of that one. However, although there a lot of names in the roster, I'm almost always a league of one every time I use this toon. All of my other characters are solo without a league to call home and I do not wish to place them on any more, so I have ignore league invites turned on. I just can't handle juggling any more than the four that I already have, whether they are active or not.
  7. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

I run a crew on GTA which is over 3 years old. I recently got hooked on DCU so I built us a villains league over here. We currently have 100 something members, but with exception to a handful we are all mostly new. However, we grinded out enough prestige for a league hall within 2 weeks so we are getting there.
  8. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Only a couple of people left in our league that's been around since right after the game first came out. Used to have alot back then. However with each update that people disliked, or with additions of things like Gamble Capsules and Lottery Boxes they voted with their wallets by quitting the game. Lots of them went to other games and never looked back.

Others also got bored with raids (myself included) as you only get to run it once per week for a random chance at drops then you need to pay to reset it. We'd chase gear and chase gear then in a couple of months it was often worthless and pointless. The constant recruiting as people jumped ship to other games got annoying, and trying to match your timezones with different people and basically make a date with your game each week for years got repetitive.

Anymore we prefer the small group solo/duo content the most. We've seen many other leagues over the years die out too especially within the last couple of years, which really made us question why we continue to sub when the game still likes to favor large group content the most when leagues are going to the wayside left and right. We know you've gotta keep up the raids as it's an MMO, though hope more small group content gets made or as equally favored as the raids as it's the reason the few of us still log in and keep our sub around.
  9. Controller Devoted Player

In a cool relaxed league with 208 toons, with about 20-25 actives during the course of a day or week.

One guy has like 8 alts.

Been here for almost 3 years and doubt that I'm going anywhere else.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

this was b/c of me actually getting more ppl involved with their tweets they do on the the front page. Every since he has been doing these threads when they do a post on twitter to include those of us that dont have twitter. Its nice.
    • Like x 1
  11. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Yes...
    I'm in a league ...:oops:
  12. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I'm in a villain league which usually has enough people at reset for at least 2 full raid groups. It's my first league big enough for a full raid group. Most members including me are full elite on our mains, so things have slowed down. We ran the starro member raid the first 2 days with just about full league. It was originally a pc league so I find everyone very polite and helpful coming from the ps side. My heroes were in a league of around 4 people, but only 2 were active all the time, so I retired them and became a villain.
  13. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

all my character is in a league with a single member... my own character..
  14. SuperBell Loyal Player

Depends on who's askin'.
  15. E Clip Dedicated Player

SUPER BAD! :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Craven Green Loyal Player

I am in a small US PS villain league. We have 54 members but only around 16 actual humans. A portion of us are very active so we always get stuff done.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

1.) agreed. this has allmost killed my former league "Zeitlos"... now my characters moved to the "freakz and geekz". my villain league "boss modus" contained many alts from the hero league and was more of a fun league for alts, but i will take my characters to "the brawlers" wich are more active, if they accept my alts, because i don't like to be the only one active at this time... however: i think of giving the lead to someone hwo asked me to do so, wich seems to be very promising about renew the league from scratch, maybe...

2.) agreed in terms of power. no generator mods means it doesn't allow me to play my normal rotation, or only if i drink soder colas a lot and use the supply as soon as ready. they could change the clamping in a way it looks at how your stats are and give percentages maybe based upon how your overall stats maybe. otherwise i like to play alts in clamped instances because i have not moded any of them with olympian mods (because i dont get enough monster essences to do so and they are not tradeable... buying them off broker is waaay to expensive, because i need all my money for stuff from the TC...)

3.) im playing the testserver and i think it looks far from ready but promising in terms of game play and its mechanics. i can't bother the devs enough however to reduce cooldowns and power costs, because i still think COOLDOWNS PREVENT AWESOMNESS!!!
  18. Saami Loyal Player

Im in league, but we never run anything together or talk to each others.
    It is for bonuses only.
    I used to be in proper league, but those guys are long gone from game and im bad at finding new friends.
  19. Phil Miller Committed Player

Kraptastic still on the game....good to see, even though this thread looks more like a "pour one out for my homies" types of threads.
  20. microhatter Active Player

Sure am! I love my league! We've a small tightnit group of players on US PCPS called CrimeBusters Academy. Everyone is great and willing to help each other progress.