PS3 Support - When to increase the benchmark?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by C Level, Apr 10, 2017.

1. C Level Active Player

Question for the Devs? PS3 is an 11 year old console. How much is being held back because of continued support for this? I ask because I read that FFXIV is discontinuing support for it so that it can further develop the game without the PS3 benchmark restrictions. Most seem to be in support of this, and are excited SquareEnix wants to take the game in this direction. When will DCUO decide that to keep our game relevant we need to allow for the increase of hardware specs? Are you waiting for the PS5 to launch before that happens?

Thank you
    • Like x 1
  2. Toshknight Loyal Player

our game is held back so much, not as much anymore , but the ps3 can only hold so many powers.... so many maps, colors, in whole....if the game was mainly on PC only and they were able to make it as crazy and big as they wanted, and just convert what they could / dumb down the options for the consoles"doesnt mean it would be bad on consoles if they did this", the game would have more powersets, more body styles. and more customization all around. i wish they would leave the ps3s version at a certain point. and stop updating new stuff for it. so the pc/ps4/xbox players can get the full potential of theyre systems in there game and content
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

This? Is gonna get ugly, real fast!!
    • Like x 2
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

[IMG]

2 threads in 2 days on the same subject,

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ot-an-acceptable-answer-anymore.285782/unread

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Ladies and gentlemen, grab your popcorn.
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Excuse you! It was because of the PS3 that we almost lost the game entirely!! It wasn't the PC servers that were hacked and data compromised back in '11!!!

Why don't you get off of your rocker, put away your walker, and upgrade to a PS4 and join the kids actually playing on the lawn, instead of reminiscing about when it was still lush and green!
    • Like x 2
  7. Gimpy Loyal Player

Don't worry, once the PS5 hits the market with the hardware built for VR tech, we will see,,,,,

The PS4 is holding the game back threads ,,,,,,

from the same people.
  8. Swiftduck Loyal Player

If it weren't for Edison we wouldn't have a lightbulb. But now we use led bulbs
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Inb4 #yougoingtobuymeaps4?
    • Like x 1
  10. krytine Loyal Player

Japan playstation has announced they will no longer be making ps3 so all support for that will follow sooner then later and yes the ps3 got the game going but it is evolving and changing. The 4 is the newest version and as much as i respect the 3 it will have to go away thats all. When it does some things will be upgraded and no amount of name calling ego maniacs will change that the support for a ps3 will come to an end maybe next year or the year after that but it will come
  11. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

PS3 isn't the problem.. See if we just remove PVP from the game, it will solve the space issues for more powers.

Runs away..
    • Like x 1
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

how cheap can someone be today to not be able to afford a ps4 for 149€... like really.

skip a Time Capsule and u can afford a ps4 ,its simple as that.
    • Like x 2
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Umm, stop smelling your own farts, and understand that the PC servers were there from the start!! It matters not what system was used to hack which servers, the fact is that it was the PS Servers that had such ****** security they were hacked so easily, blaming the system used is like blaming the local brickworks for your window being smashed
    Edi stole most of his ideas
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah, we can say the same about Hitler, if it would not have been for him Germany economy would not be what it is today because after losing in WW2 ,USA invested a lot $ in their economy to rebuild and stabilise it.
    Also a lot of colonial countries benefited from Hitlers war and become independent in the end.

Does this mean Hitler was good?!
    • Like x 1
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

Not any time soon. Ffxiv can drop ps3 support because they have enough financial support from pc and ps4 players. Plus they gave a 9 month notice in advance when ps3 support is dropped.

Dcuo still heavily depends on ps3 support and most likely the reason is because ps3 income is greater than PC players income
    • Like x 3
  16. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I kind of doubt there are really all that many PS3 players left right now (especially subscribers).
  17. Swiftduck Loyal Player

You missed my point entirely
  18. Owl Devoted Player

SOE PC accounts were hacked in 2011 including credit card numbers and bank account numbers:
    http://www.geek.com/games/sony-hit-...00-credit-cards-bank-accounts-stolen-1353601/
    http://bgr.com/2011/05/03/sony-confirms-soe-security-breach-25-million-accounts-compromised/
    https://www.wired.com/2011/05/sony-online-entertainment-hack/
    • Like x 1
  19. darkscarletx Loyal Player

Ps3 does have something to do with it but not entirely. Dcuo is using a old engine and even if ps3 were to be removed now, it wouldn`t change anything because the game is old. They will have to change engine and because the core of the game is all about this engine, they will have to remake the game so we can see enhancement. That`s why i left the game because it is useless. We will need a dcuo remake but DBG don`t care, only about money and their idiotic horrible time capsule. Ps3 is not to blame for everything but i`m so glad ffxiv is getting Stormblood and gonna be even better. And i laugh too because i play on ps4 and ps3 is still used on ffxiv. The game is amazing with hundred of stuff even with ps3. DBG is to blame to not upgrade their engine.

P.S. I posted in a forum doesn`t mean i play the game. I have right now no respect for DBG and dcuo for what it became. I deleted this garbage game and will never play wtih DBG running it.
  20. Backseid Devoted Player

Dropping PS3 support, saddly, wouldn't make much of a difference.

It's nice to think it would, but it would not.

Not to the level most seem to think at least.
    • Like x 4