Stats Revamp 1.5: Earth

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

• Are you referring to Sandblast specifically? Not really. I was mainly referring to Shards and Striking stones. I thought one of them intitally had a 4.4 second cooldown but it turns out I was a bit off. Shards and Striking Stones have a 3 second cooldown, which is a bit on the overkill side of things. To see what I mean use this loadout in action and don't use any weapon combos: Earthen Grip, Striking Stones, Shards, Totem, Fortify Golem, and Crystal. If you try this loadout without using any weapon combos you'll find yourself having to slow down the combat because your still waiting for at least one of the powers to come off of cooldown. If you could adjust Shards and Striking Stones without reducing their DPS output too much I'd appreciate that.
    • I think this will depend on your loadout , rotation, and style. My rotation involved: Pebble blast, debris field, totem, jackhammer, upheaval, and Earthquake. Rotation: I use Pebble blast to setup the dazing PI, then hit the damage over time moves: Debris field and then Totem. Once the dots are down it's simply a matter of me rotating through Jackhammer(If I'm in melee distance) or Upheaval(If I'm at ranged distance.)
    • How do I use Jackhammer vs Upheaval? I use Jackhammer if I'm at a melee distance, Upheaval allows you to combo people from a safer distance. I understand Upheaval costs more power, but at the same time If I have to be involved with more risk in using Jackhammer then I simply wouldn't see no reason to use Jackhammer if I could do more damage with and stay in safe range with Upheaval.

Hopefully that clears up what I'm saying, sorry for the little bit of confusion.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Why is every Supercharge that yall are suggesting for earth is being ripped off from another powerset?

• Mega Golem. Aka an altered version of Grand Summoning from Sorcery.
    • Earth Elemental.. An altered version of Ice Elemental for Earth.

How about something unique?
  3. Karasawa Loyal Player

That may be so, but Grand Summoning is a super powerful SC that's probably better than anything Earth has atm. Just sayin.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

So with enemy attacks, are there going to be any health % attacks that just plain out ignore our defense and just does a plain out %? Because if there is then that undermines us for modding into health to have a higher survivability. It's not fun when your let's say ice tank and get hit with 30k but while in ice elemental your health is 3x and now you get hit for 90k. I just want clarification on this.
  5. L T Devoted Player

I did not, but don't believe that powers pets either. I think Penryn mentioned testing it I'll verify later when test comes back up.
    • Like x 1
  6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Instead of complaining about there being no uniquess, you should probably complement him on at least bringing up an idea or at least something fresh to the table.

Since it's a reused aspect, it would probably be much easier to implement. I'm not trying to start any beef with you but I think any and all ideas should be considered regardless of how crazy.
    • Like x 1
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Most tanking Super charges follow the general cadence of cranking our mechanic up to 11

We either mitigate with Defense now or through Brick

It would make sense the supercharge is either pet based or use assuming a giant rock beast form. That something that nearly every earth based super hero does in the comics. It's either that or a CC supercharge. Super Charges should also be cool.

What's cooler : summoning a giant quick sand to slow enemies or becoming a bad *** rock monster that is unstoppable or Summoning extra trong pets that do massive damage or transfer massive amounts of damage away from you?
    • Like x 1
  8. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Thoughts and suggestions:
    • Tectonic break needs to have a longer range to complement its power cost. Damage-wise it's good, but if I want to place a Daze PI on multiple enemies from a safer distance I can't. Rumblecrush applies a crushing PI to multiple enemies from a safer distance while still dealing decent damage, something like that might be taken into account for tectonic break.
    • Comboing with Jackhammer is bugged in comparison to comboing with upheaval. When using any power before using jackhammer, jackhammer will only ground pound once and then revert to using weapon attacks instead. This also occurs when totem and debris field is up, during the entire duration of these two powers, jackhammer cannot be comboed (98% of the time). In contrast, upheaval can be easily comboed after using a power and while totem and debris field is up.
    • Make one of the lower power cost Dazed PI applicators daze multiple enemies instead of one so there is more variety in playstyle as far as power management is concerned.
    • Increase the amount of power given to Crystal when Fortify Golem is used, it's very annoying when I have to use Fortify Golem more than once for Crystal to use a big move.
    • Replace entomb with something more useful.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Awesome.. Thank you!

I was thinking since we are now making not blocking a thing/ being penalized for blocking a thing... Which I'm fine with because I don't want to constantly block..

Earth should have some other ability to maintain... 1 shield and soothing sands isn't quite enough....

Perhaps make reinforced in tank stance heal 2% of weapon damage... Seems like I remember Earth having something to that effect back in the day... I could be trippin though
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Because Earth has always had two forms of tanking while the rest had one? Earth was either damage absorption or damage transfer to pet. And transfer always cancelled out absorption.
    • Like x 2
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Yea but they were both basically the same thing in a different package. Even if that was the case having more than one way tank shouldn't justify only having one mitigation tool. We already have load out restriction because of this. That makes no sense.
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Agree 100%.
    • Like x 1
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

i think jackhammer should hit harder yes, but i think also upheavals power cost is to high... keep in mind jackhammers cooldown and the fact that it is melee. isnt that enough reason to buff it whithout making the costs higher? i mean: i wasnt risk and reward part of your calculations? melee range is dangerous. and if jackhammer gets interrupted, you need to wait for the cooldown to wear off. also there is no dammage absorbation (guess). if you ask for jackhammer to raise dammage, i say yes. if you raise power costs for balance, i say NO
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Not initially. Pet tanking was far weaker than dmgA up until T6 when they fixed/adjusted Brick.
    • Like x 1
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Well yea it was but that to me was an oversight that was corrected. On paper they were supposed to have the same result . It offered some versatility but at he end all we could really do was was Block and take damage and fish or immunities. Yea we pulled every so often but in order to do anything but block we had to fish for immunities or let go of block at the most opportune time to either rebuff or do a weapon attack/pull. Earth had a higher skill tap and what amounts to less tools than the rest in order to do the same job. Yea we could survive everything but we had to basically be immobile to do it. I know we are earth but c mon lol. Then on top of that we had no self sustain. Our primary mitigation tool was so much that it made up for lack of heals or a shield rotation. As fire you could block , have 60 percent more health and heal at the same time. As Earth , if the healers fall and need to be revived we have to block, kite , and use every survival trick in the book.I thin we should at least mitigate more damage than other tanks t make up for that fact.
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

[IMG]

We should summon a grey version of this thing
    • Like x 1
  17. Here2Help Devoted Player

That was sort of the image I was painting in my head. A massive Golem that we summon out of the ground. Would be awesome.
  18. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

But why would you ever put Dominance mods in your gear or generator? You get more defense from putting Defense mods in.
  19. Cyro Committed Player

There are no def mods. I assume you mean why spend sp in dom when def gives more, To which i agree with. Dom needs to be more valuable to an earth tank. I hate the idea of specing health for any tank that doesnt have a health based mechanic like fire.
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I don't see why they don't just remove the incasement sc

And copy atomic by making it a group shield and add a huge heal on the caster
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.