WB/DC Cinematic Universe News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

BREAKING: Joss Whedon to Direct Batgirl Movie!

[IMG]

Source: http://variety.com/2017/film/news/batgirl-movie-joss-whedon-warner-bros-1202018544/
    • Like x 3
  2. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

Joss Whedon To Direct Solo Batgirl Movie

[IMG]

Because lord knows we need more members of the Bat family, meanwhile The Flash remains without a director and script.

Anyway, who should play Batgirl? Emma Stone would be my pick.
    • Like x 2
  3. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Would totally depend on which Batgirl Whedon and Warner finally pick to ride with. For the Babs Gordon, I'd say Alicia Vela-Bailey who is a skilled stunt woman, into comic productions (and knows the sets since she is the actual stunt double of Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman) and showed in Agents of SHIELD that she can play a redhead. For Cassandra Cain, I'd say get Mila Kunis. She's done action movies in the past, facial features and height about fit to what it's shown in the comics as well. If they go Stephanie Brown, I'd say get Candice King from the looks (don't know about the stunt situation in Vampire Diaries, she may even have experience). Point is: why waste money on an Academy Award winner when the movie should be about action and FX mainly?

And since Barbara Gordon is the most live action adopted Batgirl by now, I'd prefer them NOT to go Babs.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Jene Levy is the perfect choice
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The smart aleck part of me is just trying to imagine the conversation and negotiations between DC and Whedon after everything that happened between them in regards to his Wonder Woman film. LOL

It is a good move on DC's part considering Whedon's track record (both overall and with super hero flicks), but I do have to agree a bit with GLForever on it being yet another Bat-family movie. I can understand DC wanting to go with what they feel will work best and what they've shown they can succeed with, but there's so much more to the DC universe than Batman and Batman-related characters.
    • Like x 1
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Well that is some awesome news for Batgirl joining the DCEU. And now it appears, from a source that told Entertainment Weekly, that it will be Babs and will be inspired by the new52 version of her
    [IMG]

Most likely than not, she'll be included in the Gotham City Sirens project, however, the real question is casting. Who will play her?
    • Like x 1
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The thought of anything new52 sends a shiver down my spine but at least they are using the original and true Batgirl, Barbara Gordon.

As for the casting, yeah this is going to be a tough one. Them using this particular version of her says she is older and has gone through all of it already, just like Batman, which should make her on the darker side of things personality wise. So the girls already mentioned here of Emma Stone and Jene Levy just wont fit for both being so young looking and bubbly, bright type people. Just looking for a cute redhead isn't going to cut it.
    • Like x 2
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Rosario Dawson? Or maybe Halley Berry? Give her a chance at redemption for that "Catwoman" rubbish
    • Like x 1
  9. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Very true but you know Hollywood. They sometimes cast people who don't resemble their comicbook counterpart a la Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy from past Spidey films or Deadshot in Suicide Squad. However, there are casting rumours that the CWs Lindsey Morgan is currently the frontrunner for the Babs role
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    And since the Bat Family have begun getting more press with the Batgirl solo movie, it seems some actors being rumored having a connection to the casting of Nightwing have been waved off as rumors by the actors themselves, but would be still interested in the role if given an opportunity. These actors are:
    Dave Franco
    Steven Yeun
    Matt Cohen
    • Like x 1
  11. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

You never know, i mean they did cast Gal Gadot as god damn Wonder Woman (LMAO) and not only was she small physically but her acting was terrible. At least with Emma Stone we'd get Oscar talent and some superhero movie exp. If not stone then i'd go with Mary Elisabeth Winstead.
    • Like x 1
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Since the release of the Justice League trailer, some fans have pointed out a surprising easter egg or cameo during the battle where the Amazons, Atlanteans, and humans fight off Darkseid on earth. Apparently, the Thanagarians took part as well. Does that mean we should expect Hawkman and Hawkgirl in the future?
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thought that during the trailer, but apparently they are Parademons (or some such crap)
    • Like x 1
  14. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

The shape of the wing looks a bit more like a Thanagarian wing than a parademon wing. You may be on to something. As for me, I was thinking that it's hard to repel Apokolips without superheroes and just Amazons and Atlanteans. I am thinking they might have had help from Black Adam or the Green Lanterns that were alive that time or Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles & Mercury or even Spectre. I will add Thanagarians to that possible list. There would not be a lot of major DC characters alive if this were set centuries ago. Mostly just ancient orders and characters that don't age.
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Not DCEU related but DC animated related. Here is a preview of the animated Batman and Harley Quinn movie
    • Like x 2
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

:eek:

O.
    M.
    G.

Rauch nailed it. When that gets released I foresee MANY requests for her to be Harley's voice in the game.
    • Like x 3
  18. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

While having the original Harley voice would have been beyond brilliant, that girl actually does a decent job in my opinion.
    • Like x 3
  19. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I just saw this post, and I technically "disagree" but I do because I'm being "silly". I do agree with the spirit of what you said though :D

For me no one will probably be ever to "compare" to the original actors because they've been my reality of what those characters were for most of my life.

That being the case their are several counterparts who do solid jobs that I can appreciate because I feel like they have the same spirit of the character (which at the end of the day is what you were trying to say, I'm just being silly I know :p) and she definitely fit the bill with regards to meeting that mark ;)
    • Like x 2
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Considering Ms Sorkin has retired, Ms Bauch is a perfect replacement (not to forget, she is HOT)
    • Like x 2