Stats Revamp 1.5: Quantum, Earth, and Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

100% Agreed.

Not to mention it hurts the longetivity of the content. Nothing against folks replay badging, but if the content is meant to last for months on end then Replay Badges reduce that time by a significant amount and they also further increase the downtime(Gap) between the current and new content releases.
    • Like x 1
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

That is also tied to content and inmersion. I hope that the next episodes bring something fresh to the table, because AF III got old real quick, well at least IMO. We need PVE and PVP events, get people involved and break the status quo of the game.
    • Like x 1
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Right players enjoy logging in and seeing others on the game that's why a rush of players be on when content first drop after they gear up there gone in a week or two until new content comes, then other players see less people on think the game is dying and also don't get on.
    • Like x 1
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Devs ive seen requests for singularity and gravity well be turned into 360 degree pull powers. Please no, quantum doesnt need that. Why on earth does quantum need 360 pulls? Why would it need 2 of them? Why does singularity need to be 6 seconds? Singularity already pulls the adds to the black hole. Anyone who plays quantum knows this already.

And i have a suggestion for testing. Imo if people wanna test a certain power they need to have played that power on live and need to have logged a certain amount of hours playing that power. It would stop some of the silliness and people who used a 100cr boost asking for changes that dont make sense. I know we dont have a lot of testers and implementing my suggestion means we would have less testers but it would mean the people who are testing have knowledge of the power they are testing. I know we should respect all players opinions but we also need to not let silly ideas have the chance to be implemented.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

That's where some of the problems lie now with the game as is.

PVE events? Oh we have them, but they barely last. Take the Starro Event and people feel like they gotta replay badge the stuff just to complete the feats because the marks required for said feats to be done is outrageous.

And then we have the Legends PVE events too, which they got a lot of negative feedback because the feats required loads of farming.

If PVE events are to workout, people need to be able to complete them in a reasonable time frame and it shouldn't be too tedious like LPVE is.

PVP events? That's iffy, PVP is pretty much a no-mans land because it's been left untouched for so long.
    • Like x 1
  6. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Right the content isn't designed for players to enjoy it's made for replays to be spent and ran so much it isn't fun. The short term vision isn't cool and hurts the game on other mmos players have time to do the content not rushing enjoy doing it.

But ill try to be respectful to others and get back on Topic with the powers.
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I´m talking about unconventional stuff, like Mepps Spawning Trigon on WT, or Open World PVP stuff, Faction vs Faction....
    Something needs to change to shake things up, because grinding marks for gear is getting old.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Again, that's not the point of my suggested solution. I'm trying to make a middle ground that wouldn't devalue the rewards for the dedicated player as well as not put off or confuse the new/average player. We see it in this thread alone. Players are either discussing powers cost too much because they don't understand low medium high or they are discussing optimal rotations requiring 2-3 controllers. Neither beneficial to all players and it's misunderstood to the general public. They outright said that AMs were still too complicated or they weren't able to keep up in content. That speaks loads to players level of skill and learning curve.

Again, I understand what you are saying, you want your skill points to mean something, but my suggested fix would be a compromise that wouldn't devalue someone with 300 skill points. They can work on more than one stat that would increase the effectiveness of their player while not handicapping players that have less nor confusing and frustrating them to learn a new method.

Alternatively, they can still keep the power stat purchasable, but also add power as a dual stat to each stat point other than power. That way you CAN maximize your power pool. But as it is right now, it really doesn't let the players understand and a tutorial I don't think will fix that and would cost more to implement.

It doesn't affect my character either way, I'm not w/o rewarded skill points, but after running GoM on test yesterday, I can safely say that it will be teeth pulling painful after this goes live that will cause players to walk away, just like every other big update change they did.
  9. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Again Bumbling the turn off in this game was not keeping the more skilled player base the game had you can't lower the goal so everyone to dunk and expect the more skilled players to stick around when some players can't understand something so simple as AM damage I see what your saying the game itself needs not to limit the effectiveness of skill points and skill itself but find a way to teach players what the stats do/clipping and such something like WoW does with jobs like a short video tutorial once a player hits 30 on the basics or on their official youtube would go a long ways.
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

Are there players who just don't know that investing in Power is a thing now? Yes. But I think there's a bigger issue. I'm seeing a lot of people who know exactly what Power does now, but they still don't care to invest in it.

Even when we're being told by the Devs that Power will contribute indirectly towards our overall damage by facilitating the casting of more expensive abilities I still see people with the mindset that Power =/= Damage.

This isn't just limited to new players either. The "hardcore" player mindset is "Why invest in Power when I could invest in Might instead? I'm an experienced player; I'll just make it work."

So even though your idea does sound kind of radical, I do think it would address what I see as the main problem. It would turn the "I don't want power stats because Power =/= Damage" into "I want damage stats because it gets me damage AND power."
    • Like x 2
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yeah and not to mention there's no telling how many Players simply follow their SP spec from a YT video.

That's one of the game's biggest problems, YT videos are like the end all be all for people if they wanna research and get good at this game.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Stats and Skill are not the same. A skilled player would know how to min/max their player to it's full potential no matter the outcome of this update. I don't see how adjusting power purchasing to be more intuitive would make it any less skilled and turn away a skilled veteran? It's all there. The same amount of power would be able to be acquired. It's how it's acquired that would be more open to less skilled. You still need to play the game to get the feats/sp. You still need to understand what to purchase, but you don't get confused by the fact that power is now a required stat, where they are completely changing the Paradigm and expect the players to go "OH OKAY!" and be fine with it. When they themselves said that AMs were too complicated.

In the end of it all, my idea doesn't devalue anything, but at least it makes it easier for groups to succeed when the player is confused.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

YES! That's exactly right. And I guess I tried to allude to when I said "2-3 trolls" as those people are just speccing full might.
  14. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yeah. I think the people who will be MOST stubborn about investing in Power are the veterans since they actually remember a time when 3 trolls was standard. You already see YT videos with this.
    • Like x 2
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

For solo content and Duos I spec into Might and Power. For Raids and Alerts I am just speccing into Might. I have found between my soda, sidekick, supply drops, and the Controller(s) there is very few times I am bottoming out as Rage and I can't boost myself back up.

Of course this is also because I am at the mercy of only 240 SP on Test. On Live with 300+ I will be speccing around 50 or so SP into Power after maxing out Might and the other DPS innates.

EDIT: I kind of realized after I posted this you all are probably talking more in the direction of Quantum :p. lol...my bad. Thought it was a generic topic at first.
    • Like x 3
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I feel it will be both the stubborn vets and the confused New/average players.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Again you definitely are not what I am talking about in terms of the paradigm but you might end up pushing a method that can still create the same result. Like the 3 trolls was because one group did it and then everyone copied.

In any regard after yesterday's gom I definitely know there will be too many problems on live.
    • Like x 1
  18. Karasawa Loyal Player

Just to clarify, I don't think there's anything wrong with the Devs' vision of making Power more important. I think the problem will arise because of player-mindset regarding min-maxing. Players will do whatever does most damage.

So far specing all Might, playing aggressively, and letting someone else worry about my power seems to do most damage, even if it will require 3 trolls. If someone can show that specing all Power also does most damage, then that'll be great. But I haven't seen it yet.
  19. Soul Dedicated Player

Is this solely about the Dps role getting adjusted to spec into Power?

Because I didn't have a single point in power in our Olympus run or GoM run, and I was able to push and generate more than enough power.

My mods were however Vitalization and Power, so overall stats were:
    36,380 Power
    21,004 Vitalization

For an end game 239 SP Quantum Controller, pretty much solo trolling both T8 raids (No offense B ^^'.. your gear was just.. bleh)
    • Like x 1
  20. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I´m one of those who specc heavy on Might, but i adapt to the power of the group and my own regen (I play hybrid). While i will prefer to run with 2 trolls i can run with 1,and not be a tool yelling "moar powah" ;)

Truth is, that i tested with a more balanced build (Might/power) but the damage potential is not on par with a heavy Might build.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.