An Otherworldly Guide to Celestial

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Remander, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Omega1100 New Player

Thank you Fatal for the response it helped a lot. I know what you mean about tapping x and and moving during flight, I'll have to try it out. That's what I used to do with my atomic. Another question, I've heard of people using PcDL. Do you think it would give better DPS throwing that in my loadout and replacing dark pact buff with it for longer fights like bosses at end game or would I be better off staying with my normal loadout? I have a 3rd armory open for whatever.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

My opinion on PcDL, it's only good in SM, where boss fights last forever with minimal interruptions.

I used a mental friend as a ruler to test different loadouts, I tried one with PcDL and it fell behind the traditional 3 buff/sc loadout. If you don't mind doing "decent" damage then sure, you can slip plague in. It you're aiming to be the very best you can at cele though, keep dark pact.
  3. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I do bot clipping for Celestial DPS. (Yes it's possible)
    Only way I could do decent dps against Mental on bosses.

Of course you want RcW WotPcCS triple buffs for adds.
    But bosses you want RcW PcDL and Blight at mid range to melee. Bot clip on blight after RcW to squeeze extra damage out.
    Always have Cursed Idol.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't really like to rely on bot clipping, a friend told me about it long ago and I tried it, but was like nah, too much work for little yield. Plus I was never a fan of stuff like that lol.
  5. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Wish I could put laugh emojis here lol.
    I understand but it depends on what you call a small gain.
    My dps went up an extra 2k. ^.^
    Was like oh s**** why I ain't do this before!? :eek:
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Guess it's personal experience then lol I keep up and out DPS the best of them with what I'm doing now, I just never saw the need to try to use the bot.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Looks interesting, folks. Very interesting. Not sure I can get on this weekend, so eager to hear your thoughts.
  8. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I'll post some stuff you may find nice. For the healing portion.
    I'm having trouble nailing down what's going on with McB and BcM. They function the same. McB is stronger on the burst but BcM is strong on the hots.
    We have our glyph stacking back and proper shield rotations now. Hehe.

Base values coming soon™
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, saw that. Good to know battle healing isn't dead. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Sent PM
    • Like x 1
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

Just saying hello :)
    • Like x 2
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Tilz!!
    • Like x 1
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

I am still disappointed in the removal of our stuns. And ScH panic. Those are crucial for solo and duos
    • Like x 2
  14. DulcesS Well-Known Player

On the other hand, they removed the constant vulnerability windows, so it's balanced. We won't stun enemies but we won't get interrupted that much.
    • Like x 1
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

Was just seeing whats going on.
    The notes doesn't reat too bad for revamp, but still those TCs are keeping me really away from game.

Just hoping everyone is doing well. :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea I am testing right now. And I must say that celestial is going to need alot of work to make it where multiple playstyles and loadouts are viable. The one thing that really takes time getting used to is the removal of stunns from RcW and ScH. Especially in solo content. I know that vulnerability while doing combos was slightly reduced, but man I miss those CC effects for solo and duo content.
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Did they make any changes to celestials mobility?... atomic suffers from the problem of immmobilized combos gotta stay in one spot and be a jumping monkey to do dps...i remember that used to bug me with celestial beck in the day when i used the power..although adds lived longer back then...atomic it bugged me cause adds die so fast and by the time my character was done and ready to move... other people were already gone... any of that change? Or still the same?...

I do like that. It looks like battle support roles are fully viable... that will make being just a tank so much more appealing or just a healer.... and not bother with different sets of gear...

I just again..feel like they need to make every power mobile while using it... that would make the game feel so much more different.. the other game im playing now.. everything is mobile practically makes it handy when needing to do pick ups... or while i walk and taunt
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Not specifically, no. Of course, with the removal of AM, we won't have to worry about breaking a combo chain. The combo animations are always going to have you stationary, unless they change the animations. Personally, I'm fine with the hopping. In fact, it would feel foreign to be walking or running while comboing.
  19. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

Hey guys...

Sorry if the question was already asked but does anyone know what we are supposed to do when the switch Celestial to Might based? I mean the entire character has Precision based Olympian mods including the generator Olympian mods that you build. I mean, I am grinding now and getting supplies and salvaging but it seems unfair to switch all mods to Might...or will they be fusing Precision and Might together? Anyone know?
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

No one knows. There has been speculative talk about giving players some sort of mechanism by which to switch mods, but no specific plan has been laid out. They will definitely not be merging might and precision. The former will be exclusive to abilities and the latter will be exclusive to weapons.
    • Like x 2