Drawing Inspiration: Starro the Conqueror

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Drawing Inspiration #1: Starro the Conqueror

Starro – also known as Starro the Conqueror – is an intelligent alien lifeform who seems to resemble a large starfish. His first appearance in DC Comics was in 1960, alongside the first appearance of the Justice League of America, and now he’s coming to DCUO.

To learn more about this character AND the comic book inspiration the development team took from classic comics in creating the upcoming event, watch this video.

Like Jack mentioned, those looking to to delve even deeper into the comics that inspired the upcoming Starro the Conqueror event should check out these two:

[IMG]

In JLA Vol. 3, Starro the Conqueror – the JLA’s first foe – returns in a new form: Star Conqueror! The JLA receives help from an unexpected ally – THE SANDMAN’s Daniel, the Lord of Dreams. JLA Vol. 3 is written by comics legend Grant Morrison, known for All Star Superman and Final Crisis. Buy JLA Vol. 3 from DC COMICS here.

[IMG]

In Justice League of America Vol. 1: The Tornado’s Path, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are reforming the Justice League with a new roster of members. During the process, a new villain appears – the first of many foes out to destroy the league. Written by Brad Meltzer (Identity Crisis, The Book of Fate), you can buy Justice League of America Vol. 1: The Tornado’s Path from DC COMICS here.

For more information about the upcoming event featuring Starro the Conqueror, click here for the full Development Update. The event is expected to begin this April.
    • Like x 6
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Really, really awesome video.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Check out Justice League 3001 for an interesting spin, where they legally are able to conquer and enslave worlds as long as they apply with the right paperwork.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

Loved this! Hope to keep seeing these sort of posts and videos for future pieces of content :)
  5. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

Thank you So Much Mepps and Jack, I am hoping to see DCU go really far in the future with this type of communication being put out for the fans to view. The vid was awesome and I cant wait for this content.
  6. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. PBCF Active Player

8. ExobyteEmperor New Player

Nice to see Jack speaking with so much passion for DC Comics :)
  9. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Niceee...,:cool:

Main Avatar: Future Kal 175 CR 240 SP Power Ice DPS/TANK. USPC Meta Hero.League: USPC :Justice League 3001, Future DC Legends, Leader.
    USPS: Superboyistic 152 CR 146 SP Ice DPS/TANK
    Alts Include: Guardian El, Guardian Kal, Future Blurr, Kid Superboyistic, Lantern Kal, Kal Starchild, Future Superboyistic,, Clarky Kent, and Super Spaceboy, Quantum Kal, and Superboyistic.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if this doesn't go live soon i'm going to have to be forced to post pictures of kittens.

really cute ones.
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

absolutely fabulous job with your character.
  12. PBCF Active Player

Thank you :)
  13. z00merang New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

Thank you for showing those comics, i will download them on the dc app!
  15. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

now only if we can get more content for Superman, I find that it is funny that the first Superhero that DC comics had is also the one that gets the least content and base items, and not very good costume choices..... Long Live the Kryptonians
    • Like x 1
  16. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

You fiend.