Need a new mod remover distiller

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by cobra, Mar 18, 2017.

1. cobra New Player

With the new gear System You're constantly changing gear for small increases in CR So if you have player made mods you can't keep remaking them and reinstalling them the cost is just too high but if you use synthetic mods you could just buy new ones for five marks and reinstall them so most of the time your gear goes unmoded or you throw a synthetic Mod till you get the vendor 165 gear or at least the purple drop gear. i think this is unfair for all the players that put the effort and resources to make the player made mods.I think they should be a new distiller that cost five marks just like the cost of the synthetic mods that removes your mod in tact that can be reinstalled in your new piece of armor and you should only need to break down your mods to Exobites when you want to upgrade them with the normal means perfect or exceptional distillers etc.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

I don't put anything but alphas / beta in to get affinity on any gear up to purple.
    Purple gets Synths - then I'll put in a full mod.

It doesn't make or break your toon
    • Like x 4
  3. OtherWorldly Active Player

That's what I did. I was Alpha'd out until I got the 165 gear.
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Same. Alphas or synthetic mods from my pvp marks, that are useless. I have been slowly mod ding the vendor gear I've bought. Really only doing that to complete the feat. Ill probably go back to alphas and save my material.

To all those who currently spend all their money and material on mods, listen up!

Currently mod do not put you ahead of someone. Having an alpha in there is just fine. Save everything for after the revamp. Mods will be more important and it will be a GREAT time to make money again. My alts are full of material just waiting for this revamp.
    • Like x 1
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

:eek:
    FFS man quit driving up the prices before SR goes live!!!!:oops:

I'm trying to stock up a bit but ya making more competition on my buying low in preparation to sell high.:p
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

:) Doing my best Dr. Evil laugh. Muhahaha!
  7. Gimpy Loyal Player

For some reason my brain went here,,,,,

• Like x 2
  8. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I really wish more players understood this.

We had someone in a raid group asking another player ( he had 244 SP & beta mods) in a T8 raid about SP & mods when they were 15 CRo_O below the NPC's.
    I was like ummm,
    The game hasn't worked like that for over two going on three years.

The only stat that works like it use too is Dominance when it applies to stuns. All the other stats have some sort of CR scaling FUBAR stuff going on.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

Even the stun duration is different. Technically the formula is still the same but they have added breakouts to virtually every NPC making that just as wonky. Sure I can stun, but instead of duration it's like 1 second...BREAKOUT!
    • Like x 2
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, my emitters do better stuns.
    • Like x 1
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yup, that's why people think Quantum stuns are ZOMG!!!
    It's because of the rooting effect, when in truth Light has the Largest arsenal of stuns.

I do enjoy using them on my tank though
    • Like x 1
  12. Gimpy Loyal Player

I've got a few alts but only do content end-game as Q and only switched to Q after it was nerfed from the FOTM.

I can't say Q stuns are ZOMG!!!.

Fun as all gtfoh it can be but it isn't ZOMG!! with the stuns over other powers from my experiences.

In Troll role they have a long duration but in DPS not so much.
    I've actually had groups of adds just ignore every stun or root until I'm knocked off my feet or until I have gained an immunity while in DPS stance.

They also "feel" different depending on the order they are used.

Do some different ordered rotations just to feel the effectiveness of stun/root placements in which order they are used and see if there aren't some differences in NPC behavior.

Do the popular rotation to chase the damage and it's ..................................come on it's Quantum and it's capped!!!

Yeah, I agree completely with you about HL's arsenal.
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm curious about this. Cause the stat difference (in might for example) is a couple thousand higher with Olympian mods vs nothing. How exactly is damage out calculated currently under CR? Does the amount of might affect your base damage which is then multiplied by CR or something? I'm genuinely interested since I don't know the formulas.
    By the same token, that would make base generator mods pretty much worthless too at the moment then right?
    • Like x 1
  14. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Basically yes. ( For the regular base mods )

The last time I tested 10 CR was overriding well over 4000 might / prec and was affecting the other stats the same percentage wise.I never brought up the other stats because there were so many players that thought I was off my rocker ( in denial ). Every single one of them tried to argue the point and try to discredit what I was saying until they actually tested.

My biggest issue was that DCUO was making stuff for the game like stats mattered and were selling it to players knowing full well that stats were jack. They were not being honest with the customer base and they knew it.
    That's why I made such a huge stink about CR trashing stats aver a year ago.

That was up to the point in time when DCUO came out and said we want stats to matter. Then they followed with that BS WE WANT STATS TO MATTER test for a couple hours before they cancelled it.

Also,.............. continuation about base mods...........

if you look at your mods for expert gear. Those minuscule stats are not true either.
    Those mods have some sort of + modifier added to them that DCUO has not mentioned.
    • Like x 1
  15. OtherWorldly Active Player

It took some time but I have made 60 plus extra Olympian mods for all 3 of my toons and their alternate roles. I was gonna use them for Elite. Hah! I don't even do Elite. Now I'm making generator mods. I still have regular T8 mods left. I might put'em in the broker. I just don't know how I actually found the time to do all this. Lol