In your opinion, which power has the strongest CC?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by IwasHu7ch, Mar 21, 2017.

1. IwasHu7ch New Player

Looking for some opinions on this in terms of PvP. From what I've seen recently Mental (can you even get out of that 35%?) & Celestial have really strong CC, whereas with Munitions I feel the CC is almost non existent but you can make up for it with damage burst.
  2. Soul Dedicated Player

The Panic CC have been an issue in this game since as long as I can remember.
    What seems to cause the issue with Terrorize is that its CC stacks with already existing Panic CC, either glitching the animation or forcing you to breakout twice (Delay, Latency.. all are factors). The same effect can be achieved with HL aswell, it just doesn't seem as frequent, maybe because there's no Terrorize alternative with a different "lockdown" Panic effect to go along with its "normal" Panic CC.
    If the Developers of this game had any intention of fixing it they had years upon years to do so, they don't seem to care.

Edit: I guess I didn't answer your question directly - Mental CCs are by far the most problematic, HL and Quantum are close second.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Hopefully (key word) with the Revamp and the reduction in powers CC'ing this won't be an issue any longer..."hopefully".
  4. Soul Dedicated Player

As it stands right now, CC is actually far far far far far - far worse in PvP on test. (Last Stats Revamp Version)
    We had matches where we spent more time trying to breakout than actually playing. While PvP in general is unplayable on the last Stats Revamp version of the Test Server, group PvP offered all kinds of new and insane problems - one of which is the worse state of CC effects I've seen in years.
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Really?!?!? Thank you for posting this. I'll be going on test to try out PvP. I really don't want another thing broken in pvp as a result of a game update.
  6. Soul Dedicated Player

There's no point getting on test to check it out now, there's a different version of the test server on right now for the Starro Event testing.
    Wait for the next Stats Revamp version on test to see the horror for yourself. (Mind you, you'll need a group to PvP with, we mainly tested 4v4 in Arenas)
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Mental 35% stun I feel is inconsistent. For one it doesn't hit as hard as the others most of the time and sometimes it really stuns and other times it just does the stun animation but you can still lunge. I do think that it has the best stuns in the game. Quantum and HL being a close second. In order I believe it goes
    Mental > HL> Quantum> as top 3 and the last 3 would probably be atomic, ice and maybe nature but I've never tried that.

For 35% I believe that atomic and munitions are the strongest (it can hit above 11-12k). The weakest are probably rage, electricity (if it even has one) and nature hitting between 1.3k-6k depending on gear, prec and critical attack chance. Most annoying stun is easily mental but atomic and HL can also stun. I think the average 35% hits (or at least should) between 6k and 9k.
    • Like x 1
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Yup I know I'll have to wait (sadly) but I'd rather not have this mess on live when live arenas aren't in good shape. I've taken an interest in rage in PvP (was never too good at it) and I know that combos will be taking up power now and some aren't counterable anymore. I need to know if outrage is too OP, can be countered and/or takes up too much power.

P.S mind if I join you to DPS?
  9. Soul Dedicated Player

Once Stats Revamp is back on test we will most likely continue testing PvP on it, mostly group PvP in Arenas because that's our personal preference in the league.
    Not only would we not mind you joining, it would actually make us happy to see more people showing up for PvP testing.
    There's just one thing you have to keep in mind - what's currently on test with Stats Revamp is clearly not meant to be played in PvP. None of us want to believe the Devs are going to push Stats Revamp to live while keeping PvP as it is on said version of test, so you may want to join in the process of testing when a PvP Revamp is taking place. If such PvP Revamp doesn't come paired with Stats Revamp before both are pushed into Live, we're basically looking at PvP being discarded once and for all.
    • Like x 1
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Thank you. My league mostly does PvP as well and I'll ask if they want to participate in this. I'll be testing with atomic/mental/rage first if that's alright with you.
  11. IwasHu7ch New Player

Same league and definitely interested in seeing how the stat revamp will affect PvP. Will check it out.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Mental is broken, then don't have the best stuns. Only reason you see them everywhere is because people take advantage of broken mechanics, plain and simple.

The reason some powers 35% move is better than others, they received a midrange update. All powers that did not, their 35% move is broke, trash, whatever you want to call it. Sorcery, earth, rage, electric, and nature. None of the 35% moves with these powers works correctly. They were never updated.
  13. IwasHu7ch New Player

Ahh I see. Annoying that the more I dig for info on PvP I get hit with either "it hasn't been updated" or "it hasn't been fixed". Thanks for the info though.
  14. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

mental 35%er is a glitch, iv tested you can even be panic'd when immunity is activated.
  15. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Are you talking about having counter-immunity (flashing blue) or CC immunity?

I do not think that what you described is specific to Mental. Per my experience, its usually that sometimes even after you breakout from a CC effect, be it via block button or via pvp trinket, and thus be flashing white and have CC immunity, you can still get CCed immediately.

This can be most evident in Belle Reve (Arenas or Legends). Sometimes, the other 3 group members are all dead and you suddenly find yourself surrounded by 4 enemies and being CCed continuously.
  16. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

no i think what i said was pretty clear, when you pop a immunity trinket (which means your immune to all stuns CC etc) You can still be panic'd, try it this is a clear glitch. There is not 1 ability in the game that has a 100% guaranteed stun. mental 35%er panics you out of a block unable to lunge it. I see alot of mental players trying to make a glitch 1 of there received ability's when thats not the case. its a glitch.

PS: No your not so-pose to take any type of stuns or CC while immunity is activated. If you experienced it it was some sort of bug or glitch
  17. Soul Dedicated Player

False.
    While you're flashing white (CC Immunity), Terrorize's CC does not work. No CC in the game does..

Don't go around spreading lies please.. Yes Terrorize's CC animation seem to create some issues, it either stacks with other Panic CC's or glitches your animation so it doesn't portray you've broken out, but it most definetly does not work when you're blocking or when you have CC immunity. If either are happening to you it could be for a number of reasons all related to latency.
  18. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

You obviously have not tested it your sitting here trying to argue with me and did not even test it yourself, Do you know Fore shadow? send him a tell test it with him it will only take 2 seconds to show you. but mentals 35%er panics you out of block and also can panic you when your flashing CC. You really have no idea how broken PvP. if you did you wouldn't doubt such a glitch. Did you know that there is a ability in celestial that can cancel bbs? Guess you didnt know that either. Did you know that pc has higher better fps then console? guess you didnt know that either. educate.
  19. Soul Dedicated Player

I tested back in 2011, During PvP season 3 (2014), around the last Damage Balance revamp (2015-2016) and just for you I tested again today.

You never could have, and currently can't CC a player when they are flashing white and have CC immunity.
    If something of this sort happened to you, it's because you were lagging.

Distant, you're constantly misinforming people and not only ruining your credibility but our chance to get things fixed.. Please stop.
    I encourage you to upload a video where you Hit your CC trinket, and have a friend cast Terrorize on you afterwards, to a CC effect.
  20. DistantWalker Well-Known Player

What is the point of lieing? First you say it cant CC out of block. After telling you to test it your not saying nothing about that, why? because you were wrong and cant even say in your post that you were. Now you cant even admit that you were entirely wrong so instead you come and lie to have a foot to stand on. Completely childish ad laughable. when you pop CC the panic animation still happens.