A nobody returns after about a year.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jamos, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Controller Devoted Player

For the OP - welcome back.

I'd recommend you simply play the game for YOURSELF and ignore the comments here. Give it about 2-3 months.

As for the Time Capsule angst? In a nutshell you don't HAVE to buy stabilizers. If you're Legendary you'll get 6 of them FREE DAILY from the stabilizer event. That would be enough for you to open one TC every 2-3 days.

If you're NOT Legendary you'll get like 3 Stabilizers daily, I think. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

OH and the Time Capsules will grant you a GRAND TOTAL of perhaps10-15 SPs if you're fortunate enough to get ALL the feats from them. I haven't been.

I think I've acquired around 10 SPs from these and the others are simply too expensive or too rare for me to get.

It is SO IMPORTANT that you simply try the game YOURSELF, though. Give it about 2-3 months. The gist of the TC angst on here is that some argue about these TCs as if it's ruining the game as in hiding SPs behind a paywall, or paying for progression.

To me? This "Progression" won't make you as strong in DCUO as EITHER of these two:

[IMG]

Try the game yourself.
  2. Jamos Well-Known Player

Thanks for the interesting tidbits of information. And also the cautionary tales of the capsule cash grab. Either way, I would likely not go crazy buying those because I like money. ;)

While I'm here there is one thing that I do worry the most about. They didn't ruin fire, mental, and quantum while I was gone did they?Those where my three main powers that I liked to use. I technically used a rage character on occasion but not enoiugh to be too concerned.
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I'm not following how or why advice to you would be any different than a new player. It's either so long that you should get the hang of it just like a new player would, or it's not long enough for there to be much of a difference. Why don't you start with some things you remember from where you left off, and maybe ask some questions about things you've already run into.
  4. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

For real. Some of you guys act like you HAVE to get all the P2W feats to play. That isn't true at all. You can pretty much farm cash and get TC feats just from the broker and using half your brain EXCEPT for one skill point.

One.

When was the last time you got one more skill point and even noticed the difference?

I don't love the P2W feats, but the "Ehrmahgerd, you can't even play DC if you don't buy stabilizers, ehrmagerd" rhetoric around here is out of control.
  5. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

This really depends on your power and wut you do.

if you're sorcery and don't have grand summoning 3 suck to be you
    Munitions Big gun 3 sucks to be you
    your're a troll and want a supercharged head mod for supercharge sucks to be you
    Orbital compared to zeus's sucked to be you until of late.
    The sp wasn't n still isn't going to be but it will after revamp except for clamped crap get ready for.... Suks to be you! lol

Loved batman and wanted the sytle or Lantern themes might not be as bad but suked to be you for awhile.

qwardians henchman during monitor did more damage then normal ones suked to be you!
    You were ice and wanted Ice bash 3 suked to be you!

Some of it is p2w which I have all my capsule feats with my troll supercharged group shielding 3 n my inspiration crit 3 head mod which I use that power situationally and not only that I'm buying the ones I know will sky rocket like rages after the revamp. Grand Summoning 3 is a perfect example of p2w.
    Sure stuff is in the broker but people act like you can get money easy. If we could make money off non p2w collections which I still consider the op collection that because the set to get them is a form a capsule then ok but it's not. Bytes no where like it used to be. Iconic drops don't make money off that anymore. Rite now it's not easy to make money without money to start.

we don't know yet bout new leg mod but no money for capsules stabilizers suks to be you.

want the op gear in Amazon n you missed both double coin weekends suks to be you. Better replay badge up!!!

Don't buy the Minotaur Head for 300 marks it's not n OP head< This should be the main thing people tell you so you don't waste your money lol.

Also Scam Artist are running around rampent so don't fall for it and I suggest you turn off trade.* This and the head are my main 2 pieces of advice.

Gl man.

Srry Some Powers are more p2w then other n some not so much because of these things but people gotta stop acting like it's just sp and it's not.
  6. Jamos Well-Known Player

A valid enough question. Simply put, It is going to be about a week until I will be able to get back into the swing of things. I just want the information so I'm ready by the time I can play. Thought this would be a relatively decent use of this time.
    • Like x 1
  7. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

RUN...RUN LIKE THE WIND!!!!!
  8. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Sorry, but I do not do anything you said, and for this I did not have the best equipment, the two omnipotent items, all Time Capsule gears, and the event, and I did not spend any real money for it!
    I did not use replays or anything! I only played normally and continued with my legendary account.
    • Like x 1
  9. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Bottom line is they want you to spend on more than just the subscription. While there are now dangling more fruit specifically for those that are subscribed (meaning those supporting the game through individual DLC purchases are shunned), they also are implementing actions that underline how you should be acquiring more replay badges and stabilizers than what is fair, or even worth the funds.

What DCUO produces is not top of the line, and the cumulative costs they are requesting of players is a problem. All of this while the game continues to struggle with undoing years of mismanagement and essentially blowing the funds generated through the previous year's player base.

Do not buy into that. Do not reward that kind of behavior. They need to get it through their very thick skulls that they owe the player base a lot more than they're asking of now, especially after all the mistakes they've made, including the absolutely ridiculous delay in bringing nature and electric up to par; something that EASILY could have been done in a patch a very long time ago.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

If your coming out of a financial crisis, then I suggest looking for another game to invest in.
    • Like x 4
  11. Here2Help Devoted Player

Look, as someone who mainly plays the game to collect feats and bump my SP up, I don't do it to get the stats from the SP. As you said, a 1 SP difference is hardly noticeable stats wise. But me, and probably the others out there like me, don't care about the difference getting SP creates, but enjoy maximising our characters and pushing to collect feats. I'm a completionist who spends a lot of time on the game, and hunting down feats and having that 'I must get everything' mentality really lets me play the game to its fullest and spend more hours on the game than I would normally. I remember coming out of raids and instead of just standing in the WT, I'd go work towards feats. I remember queuing up raids and spending hours and hours in them trying to get feats. Now feats have progressed to 'Put your credit card details here. Give us some money. Roll the dice'. I hate how the philosophy of feats have changed so much. I hate how they're using people's love for feats to make a little extra cash. I just hate it. Feats should be rewarded for acts of skill ingame, not through spending cash. It doesn't matter if it's just 1 SP. 1 SP here, 1 SP there and it starts to add up. This train of paying for feats won't ever end if us people stop complaining. Hell, it might even continue anyway, but at least I'm trying to do something about the unacceptable greed and complete misuse of feats in the game.
    • Like x 3
  12. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Fire is dope, Mental is great. Quantum i think was nerfed while you were away? The put a damage cap on time bomb right? Im not hardcore quantum so I didnt pay attention at the time. Otherwise its decent.

Quantum/Mental do the majority of damage at the end of thier rotations. So that automatically puts them at a disadvantage vs powers that dish out damage up front. So thats 1 reason why it may seem like your weak in 4/8mans on scoreboards.

I spend all my time at beginner T7 or less with unmodded, no tactical mods on my toons and I have a blast. I have all 3 of those powers. Just got my Fire to 170 the other day!! 160+ Mental, 150+ Quantum.
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

geez who opened the jar of joker gas?

if you've been gone for about a year you should be able to pick up where you left off without much issue:

*Monthly content came to its end. Instead of two new instances every month we're going back to "lrger scale" dlcs to be released but not going back to quarterly dlcs either. Looks like we'll be getting a new dlc around every six months.

*Large scale events are the new thing with our first currently on test and soon to be released. you can read and see all about it in the announcement and test section. the first one is going to revolve around a starro invasion in central city. Events are basically timed dlcs. Theyre up for two months and then they go away until the devs put them back up (most likely as yearly things but who knows). Starro should be going like in about 2-3 weeks.

*If I'm remembering correctly since monthly content was cut we had one last chapter drop (the Wayne manor duo and the "KCT" raid) and one DLC (Amazon Fury 3). You missed the new anniversary event against the anti monitor but like large scale events this one will eventually respawn.

*You can also read up on the upcoming combat and game changes in the announcement and test sections. as you can see we're all scared.
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I think people are just quick to judge before, understanding the logic of the post(humor).
    • Like x 1
  15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Wait for the starro event, I am sure you may like it, also there is the stats revamp, so don't get to comfortable with the current combat, don't bother with pvp, gear up and enjoy the time capsules they aren't that bad, just start out free by running the event for stabilizers and then see from there if you want to financially support them.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I do just fine. :) I still have not finished my set of gear, and I'm 190CR.

Ever since replays came out with T4 people have had the need to get everything now. Unfortunately you can't tell someone not to do it. They have to experience it for themselves to see how much of a waste it really is. I learnt my lesson years ago. I hate watching people make the same mistake year after year. Now we have TC, and it hasn't gotten any better.
    • Like x 1
  17. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

welcome back.

1. first advice i would give is dont buy a very long membership as content release has a very big gap between each other at the moment.
    2. Try you play long hours on thursday as you will find more people playing older content at that time so they can help u.
    3. dont worry about what power to go with. as revamp coming everything will change about powers.
    4. In that last year not much has changed. Content got larger along with the time between them. right now we are standing at 4 month and still 2 more month to go until new DLC.

saying that we have got something called events. since the start of 2017 we have event where every player get buffed to max cr which so far was cr 230 and do raids and other mission. next one is Starro related and we have 2 raids, alert, duo and solo missions.

we also got something called Time Capsule. its similer to a lockbox, contains gears, collections, mods etc that is relevant to that capsule. 1st capsule Future Crusader related, 2nd Qwardian Capsule (event) and 3rd Amazonian Capsule (Latest DLC)

so basically in a nutshell just grind on everything you can get skill points up as it will matter and get to the highest cr as possible.
  18. Roocck Committed Player

Welcome back, I would recommend doing some research and than make your decision.
  19. Roocck Committed Player

Good advice, well said!!
  20. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

That's great and everything, and I understand that the TC feats drive completionist mindsets crazy, but it isn't really appropriate for a "coming back to the game" thread for everyone to jump up and down and say, "Oh, you can't even play the game because there are a couple of pay to win feats that are next to impossible!"